PDA

View Full Version : Compustar Alarm/starter not working when wet outside

ryeguy252
04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
I notice that when its raining outside or snowing (wet) my starter/alarm will not set, and car just shuts off when you pull ebrake up and take key out. Normally when you try to engage the starter, car still runs when you take key out until you shut the door then it arms. Is this normal?

dj_rice
04-19-2008, 11:44 AM
I think its because your not doing the correct procedure to set it up into Reservation Mode...

When you come to a stop and park, foot on the brake, pull up on the E-brake, wait for a click sound, then take out the key and exit the vehicle and close the door, then your key fob will make a musical song to notify you its armed/ready in Reservation Mode so you can remote start it next time

Also, when your doing your reservation mode, if anytime after you've pulled up the E-brake and you tap the footbrake, it cancels Reservation and you have to re-do the steps over...

ryeguy252
04-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I am aware of that... even when its raining/wet, if I hit the remote to lock my car, it will just beep at me and not lock so I have to put the key in and lock it manually

420Ninja
04-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Ive noticed that when i wash the car and then the alarm gets set before it dries it will go off every now and then for no reason. I dont have much of an idea why it would do that, and ive done so much electrical work im not going to try to figure it out.

and im running a compustar too fyi, and all that comes to mind right now is that your e-brake sensor might be going, especially considering tons of cars have problems with those.

JordanAndrew
04-20-2008, 02:47 AM
3 of my cars have compustar and I've never had any problems like that EVER. Sounds like a faulty wiring issue but who knows as it can be anything. Did you happen to get it proffesionally installed? If so where at? The reason why I ask this is most place guarantee their installs(the reputable ones anyways) so maybe get it checked out. There are also issues with different cars so it also depends on what you drive. I know it has some issues with 5th gen Preludes if that helps.

88CRXGUY
04-20-2008, 02:54 AM
I've had this system on 3 of my vehciles and I have never had any problems like this, did you get it installed at Quinn Security??

ryeguy252
04-20-2008, 11:21 AM
visions

dragonone
04-20-2008, 11:26 AM
did they solder the wires or just tape them? heat shrink?

makes a huge difference in the long run

should've avoided places like FS/BB/visions for an alarm

JordanAndrew
04-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Visions guarantees their installs for life. Get them to check it man.