PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna win tonight St. Pierre or Serra?

stunta666
04-19-2008, 03:00 PM
What do you guy's think?

jeremyn
04-19-2008, 03:01 PM
gsp ftw!
tko 3rd round

dj_rice
04-19-2008, 03:04 PM
GSP 2nd round stop

JAYMEZ
04-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Pierre baby!

aypi
04-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
GSP 2nd round stop

:werd: by TKO

trieuth
04-19-2008, 03:11 PM
as much as i like gsp, im going to say serra

dimi
04-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by trieuth
as much as i like gsp, im going to say serra

:werd: As much as I want gsp to win , I doubt it will happen

EuroDubbs
04-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Serra FTW,
has HUGE odds to win

ecstasy_civic
04-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by EuroDubbs
Serra FTW,
has HUGE odds to win

:dunno:
Not on any of the lines ive seen, hes a HUGE underdog

drtoohotty1
04-19-2008, 04:42 PM
GSP 2nd round Submission win

1-Bar
04-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Serra by GSP tapout due to strikes.......

yeah right :nut: :nut: GSP all the way, he's going to make short work of Serra, 1st round TKO

ecstasy_civic
04-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
Serra by GSP tapout due to strikes.......

yeah right :nut: :nut: GSP all the way, he's going to make short work of Serra, 1st round TKO
I dunno man, maybe he'll play with him for the fans, then head kick

:rofl:

1-Bar
04-19-2008, 05:06 PM
haha, as long as there's a spinning side kick and a superman punch that connects I'll be really happy....throw in a flying knee and I'll be in heaven :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
04-19-2008, 05:11 PM
GSP HAS to win this, it would be a major setback if he loses to him again, sort of like rich franklins loses to silva, really messed up his head. They were saying 4.5-1 odds favouring GSP last night.

... I'm not sure what I'd like to see though for him to win with. Serra likes to eat a good spinning back first.. :zzz: :clap:

BigMass
04-19-2008, 05:13 PM
the ONLY way Serra will win this is with another lucky shot. And in fighting, anything can happen.

BennyC403
04-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Ovbously GSP, its in his hometown

b18cr
04-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by BennyC403
Ovbously GSP, its in his hometown

LOL!! noo way SERRAAAA! all tha way

theken
04-19-2008, 05:33 PM
i will take serra

Graham_A_M
04-19-2008, 05:50 PM
It would be a crying shame if GSP loses in his home town.

I hope for GSP, but it can go eitherway. Damn good matchup regardless:dunno:

BennyC403
04-19-2008, 05:56 PM
anyone wanna make a little wager:dunno:
MUahahaha full confidence in GEORGE

stunta666
04-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah it's tough to call, GSP is definately the favorite and my pick but Serra is a smart and tough lil guy. GSP better win tho!
And the odds for St. Pierre to win are totally in his favor.

95EG6P
04-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Pierre baby!

Alll the way

Maddog55
04-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Who's ordered it up for home? I, for one, have.

Mibz
04-19-2008, 06:22 PM
It's in Montreal and a GSP win would set up a trilogy. If Serra starts taking control expect Dana to snap his fingers and snipers to take Serra down.

ecstasy_civic
04-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Maddog55
Who's ordered it up for home? I, for one, have.

Started the chili @ 10 this morning, I have fight night every event at my house, $5 gets you food and the fight in HD.

Its nice being in a house, dont have to worry about people knocking themselves out on concrete floors anymore:rofl: :angel:

aypi
04-19-2008, 10:27 PM
GSP 2nd round stop

Originally posted by aypi

:werd: by TKO

we are right!!!!! GSP TKO on 2nd round!!!!!! :thumbsup:

BigMass
04-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Matt Serra got owned. It wasn't even a fight. In reality there are not many people that are going to give GSP a run for his money in his weight class. If he dominates for a couple years then i'd love to see him move up.

Supa Dexta
04-19-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm curious what Dana said to serra as he was leaving the ring.. Serra had a weird look on his face...

JAYMEZ
04-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Woooohooo!!!

alloroc
04-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I'm curious what Dana said to serra as he was leaving the ring.. Serra had a weird look on his face...

Ya it happened real fast.

I thought it looked like Serra was complaining the fight was stopped, but the ref had to, Serra was going to get a punctured lung or worse if he took any more knees.

Hash_man
04-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Yaaaaaaa!!!!! :poosie: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

GSP ftw!!

cmodem
04-19-2008, 11:25 PM
those knees were !@#$ing insane.

Mibz
04-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by cmodem
those knees were !@#$ing insane. Everybody in the Rusty Cage was going "Oooooh" in unison with each knee. It was awesome.

dj_rice
04-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by aypi

we are right!!!!! GSP TKO on 2nd round!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Now if only we had bet some money on it....:banghead:

l/l/rX
04-20-2008, 03:29 AM
great fight!

but man that one fight before with the BC guy and the american...wow...what a chicken pussy ass bitch!!!
that was probably THE WORST fight ever, bitch kept on running laps around the octagon.

ya ya ya for all you people who will be like "why don't you try stepping into the ring then, you talk so big."

well if i wanted to fight, i'd be in the octagon busting heads. he's there cuz he's suppose to be fighting. MAN UP!

JordanAndrew
04-20-2008, 03:56 AM
Serra looked like he tooked a beating. GSP FTW! :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
04-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by alloroc

Ya it happened real fast.

I thought it looked like Serra was complaining the fight was stopped, but the ref had to, Serra was going to get a punctured lung or worse if he took any more knees.

Yeah it was just a split second... I'm sure it'll turn up, or rumors will fly anyways..

Also anyone that sticks up for starnes performance has no idea about MMA and therefore no right to talk about it like they have a clue.

funkedelic
04-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
great fight!

but man that one fight before with the BC guy and the american...wow...what a chicken pussy ass bitch!!!
that was probably THE WORST fight ever, bitch kept on running laps around the octagon.

ya ya ya for all you people who will be like "why don't you try stepping into the ring then, you talk so big."

well if i wanted to fight, i'd be in the octagon busting heads. he's there cuz he's suppose to be fighting. MAN UP!

hahaha that was just sad, and embarassing. Even after the other guy was taunting him, he still kept running. I think all he was trying to do was survive, he was the under dog in the fight but he should have at least taken a punch rather then do a couple of laps.

GSP was fucking amazing, dominated the fight from the start, not a scratch on him at the end. Perfect outcome for the first Canadian venue

stunta666
04-20-2008, 01:00 PM
GSP totally dominated serra's weak ass. It goees to show that serra doesn't belong in Pierre's class and he only won by a lucky shot. And when you think about him being champion for beating gsp the first time, he didn't really even earn it. You normally have to go through a couple contendors before the champ but he won the ultimate fighter show so dana gave him a shot. Hopefully GSP stays on top of his game and stays champ for more than one fight.:clap:

Weapon_R
04-20-2008, 01:29 PM
http://ballhype.com/video/gsp_vs_serra_ufc_83/

What a joke of a fight. How are these guys in the same class?

ecstasy_civic
04-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
http://ballhype.com/video/gsp_vs_serra_ufc_83/

What a joke of a fight. How are these guys in the same class?

but the loser in this fight was the victor in the last one lol

anything can happen.

dj_rice
04-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
great fight!

Nate Quarry was hilarious!!!!.....near the end of round 3 he started mocking Kalib by doing the running man :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and then he even started to do hammer strikes to himself...:rofl: :rofl:

2002civic
04-21-2008, 12:56 PM

Nate Quarry was hilarious!!!!.....near the end of round 3 he started mocking Kalib by doing the running man :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and then he even started to do hammer strikes to himself...:rofl: :rofl:
i dont think he was trying to hit himself ...

signature7
04-21-2008, 01:05 PM
The Kalib and Nate Quarry match sucked so much, but i think Nate made up for it with his antics.. You could tell he was bored as fuck, being able to mock Kalib, and then think of a famous movie quote for the fans.

GSP is almost glad he got beat by matt serra the first time around, i think it made him a lot more versatile and prepared him for greater challenges ( if that exists anymore)...GSP is a machine and can outwrestle the best of them now, he's a lot wiser too.

2002civic
04-21-2008, 01:16 PM
anyime GSP loses he comes back better than ever and beats the guy, he has always beat someone he lost too previously and usually in dominant fashion

dj_rice
04-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic

i dont think he was trying to hit himself ...

Actually he was, he was bored of Kalib running around that he decided to make fun of him by pretending to hit himself..he was trying to make a point

sexualbanana
04-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by stunta666
GSP totally dominated serra's weak ass. It goees to show that serra doesn't belong in Pierre's class and he only won by a lucky shot. And when you think about him being champion for beating gsp the first time, he didn't really even earn it. You normally have to go through a couple contendors before the champ but he won the ultimate fighter show so dana gave him a shot. Hopefully GSP stays on top of his game and stays champ for more than one fight.:clap:

I don't think he earned his shot at the title, but I don't necessarily agree that he won because of a lucky shot. Serra clipped him on numerous occasions with his punches and GSP just flat out sucked that fight.

2002civic
04-21-2008, 01:30 PM
obviously he was trying to make a point, but I took it as he could do whatever he wanted and the guy would still run away, either way it was hilarious

Actually he was, he was bored of Kalib running around that he decided to make fun of him by pretending to hit himself..he was trying to make a point

403Gemini
04-21-2008, 01:31 PM
I have to find the torrent of ufc 83 lol

lint
04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I have to find the torrent of ufc 83 lol

I grabbed it from mininova yesterday

Supa Dexta
04-21-2008, 01:53 PM

I'm pretty sure that motion was to show he could do it with his eyes closed an still win.. Obviously he had to leave one eye open just in case. But thats what I took from it.

2002civic
04-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

I'm pretty sure that motion was to show he could do it with his eyes closed an still win.. Obviously he had to leave one eye open just in case. But thats what I took from it.
agreed

403Gemini
04-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by lint

I grabbed it from mininova yesterday

awesome to hear its up there, ill snag it after work today, cheers :thumbsup:

b_t
04-21-2008, 04:00 PM
full fight vid streaming
http://www.mmashare.com/matt-serra-vs-georges-st-pierre-2---ufc-83-video-t1299.html

Maddog55
04-21-2008, 07:04 PM

Yeah, today paper was talking about that...it was pretty much agreed by the writer and White that Quarry was mock-hitting himself.
Talk about disgracing yourself...and then to top it all off by swearing at the guy and calling him a faggot and "why didn't YOU fight then?" after the fight was over....pathetic!!!

That'll be the last time he'll fight on any PPV MMA event..I would think anyways. Dana doesn't need that kind of publicity. Other than that, that whole event was an absolute perfect show. Can hardly wait til he comes to Calgary. Just a matter of time. Probably Vancouver first.

dj_rice
04-21-2008, 08:58 PM

Yeah, today paper was talking about that...it was pretty much agreed by the writer and White that Quarry was mock-hitting himself.
Talk about disgracing yourself...and then to top it all off by swearing at the guy and calling him a faggot and "why didn't YOU fight then?" after the fight was over....pathetic!!!

That'll be the last time he'll fight on any PPV MMA event..I would think anyways. Dana doesn't need that kind of publicity. Other than that, that whole event was an absolute perfect show. Can hardly wait til he comes to Calgary. Just a matter of time. Probably Vancouver first.

UFC in Calgary would be crazy......and at the end of the Quarry/Starnes fight, the crowd's reaction to when Quarry was on screen and Starnes was on screen...ROFL...Boooo, Yeahhhhh, Booooo, Yeahhhhh

Barlow
04-21-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm a GSP fan for sure!!!!

But!!!!

Has GSP won a major fight the first time.....

He lost to hughes the first time, serra the first time....

Koscheck (sp) he won yes, but thats the only one that comes to mind.

dj_rice
04-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Barlow
I'm a GSP fan for sure!!!!

But!!!!

Has GSP won a major fight the first time.....

He lost to hughes the first time, serra the first time....

Koscheck (sp) he won yes, but thats the only one that comes to mind.

BJ Penn, Frank Trigg he won against

Maddog55
04-21-2008, 09:27 PM

LifrupArheM

95teetee
04-21-2008, 09:30 PM

LifrupArheM

'Art Wanderlei' lol

dj_rice
04-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Can someone explain why his movie quote at the end was funny?I didnt get it

Jericho99
04-21-2008, 10:43 PM
rocky movie when he wins the russian crowd much like the canadian crowd

signature7
04-21-2008, 10:59 PM
^:werd:

Plus the whole serra vs gsp theme was rocky

serra said this is like rocky 4 where he goes to another country
and gsp said that this is like rocky 2 where he loses the first match and wins teh championship the 2nd time around.

stunta666
04-23-2008, 06:01 PM
I doubt we'll see UFC here for awhile, Van or TO will be next in line. GSP better stay on top for awhile, i was friggen choked when he lost to serra. The only thing he needs to do is stay focused and keep his hunger for the title. What do you guys think about the Rampage Forrest fight?

dj_rice
04-24-2008, 02:34 PM
There has been alot of talk about why Kalib Starnes was such a pussy on UFC 83, one rumour I heard was UFC wasnt paying for Kalib medical bills from his injuries and his UFC contract was ending soon so this was a big FU to Dana...heres what I found in Wikipedia...

He also fought against Nate Quarry at UFC 83, where he lost by unanimous decision. One judge gave him an unusually wide 30-24 loss for the fight because he was persistently backing away from his opponent. Dana White, President of the UFC, was quoted after the fight as saying: "He just doesn’t belong in the UFC and after his performance the other night, he should consider a new line of work." He was released from the UFC two days following the event.

PWNED

stunta666
04-24-2008, 03:10 PM
If he fought like a pussy because his contract was up then he totally f'ed up. He'll have such a hard time to find any other fight club to join and now that ufc is getting bigger and bigger he totally screwed his chances of comin back.
dj_rice, your sig is friggen hilarious. :rofl:
It's always funny to read 89coupe's post's because he just can't stop making himself look more and more like a douche!
If it's true about bmw owners being douches than he's definately in the wrong car!

403Gemini
04-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by b_t
full fight vid streaming
http://www.mmashare.com/matt-serra-vs-georges-st-pierre-2---ufc-83-video-t1299.html
Yeah you guys are right, those knees in the 2nd... jesus fuck that looked like it hurt