PDA

View Full Version : need help with bike

rollinv4l
04-19-2008, 03:30 PM
I am looking at getting a new mountin bike just a hard tail I have not rode a bike in a few years, I am just looking for a bike to ride on the streets and maybe a few paths. I am looking to buy a bike in the $700-800 range, is this a good price for just a bike for what I want. I have found a kona bike, are they good bike's I will post the link for the bike that I want.

http://www.bowcycle.com/bc08/bikes/mountain/blast.shtml

98type_r
04-19-2008, 09:10 PM
It's a decent bike for the price, have you checked out other bikes in the your price range? You should take a look at a Specialized Hardrock Disc/lower level Rockhopper or a Rocky Mountain Fusion as well. For the type of riding you're doing, any of the options will work for you.
Bikes in the same price range generally will have almost identical components, so it's a matter of what frame suits you best. It's all a matter of personal preference, and that being said I have always been partial to the Rocky Mountain's.

rmk
04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Second the coment about Specialized. Solid bikes all around. I rode them for 10 years. You should go down to Bow Cycle and check the place out. They have a ton of gear and are fantastic to deal with.

Pinkbike.com has a great little buy/sell area too. May be of some help.