PDA

View Full Version : M5 Games

Khyron
08-15-2003, 03:46 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/images/4712-2.jpg

So I'm whipping back home from downtown (along 11th then up Bow trail), when I catch up to this mint BWM M5. I normally am "meh" about beamers I see on the forums, or the 3xx I see on the roads normally. Nice cars, but not worth the money. But up close on the road, I was :love: This was moderately lowered, dished rims, dual 2-pipe exhaust - and driven by an older lady (25+). And she was driving it good, I didn't even bother passing her. Got to the intersection of Bow and 37th, side by side. She looks over, smiles, starts rolling forward before the light flips - and guns it hard. Of course I get on the gas too and give chase - and blow past her - but she had the lead till 60k. Stopped at 80k and dropped back to speed limit. She laughed and turned off - I gave her thumbs up. :thumbsup:

And yes, I have no pics! But I included an M5 photo just for the hell of it!

Khyron

Weapon_R
08-15-2003, 05:47 PM
Blew right past the M3 hey?

Fluidic
08-15-2003, 05:55 PM
I think you mean the "M5" weapon! lol

Geoff man... you blew by the M5 because:

1) it was driven by a women, and
2) it wasn't being "driven" <-- it's much faster then a stock Jetta.

Haven't you seen BMWfilms.com` Star short film?

Peter

Weapon_R
08-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

- and driven by an older lady (25+).

Older lady at 25? They're not even properly broke in at that age man...

Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
I think you mean the &quot;M5&quot; weapon! lol

Oops! I was daydreaming about the M3 when I read this post...

Khyron
08-15-2003, 08:55 PM
http://www.nexus-point.net/Bike.jpg

Cough cough. 3) I wasn't IN the Jetta.

I say 25+ just in case it ever gets back to her. If I was really questioned I'd say over 35, but can never be sure these days. I wish everyone drove like her tho.

Khyron

Fluidic
08-15-2003, 09:09 PM
Awww!!! Nice man!!! Very nice! :thumbsup:

Peter

Ichigo
08-15-2003, 11:24 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/images/4712-2.jpg

Of course I get on the gas too and give chase - and blow past her - but she had the lead till 60k. Stopped at 80k and dropped back to speed limit. She laughed and turned off - I gave her thumbs up. :thumbsup:

And yes, I have no pics! But I included an M5 photo just for the hell of it!

Khyron

Wow you had time to look at your spedo for the 20km/hr difference?? That Beamer must of been playin ya..

Khyron
08-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Sigh. It was a little fun stop light race, not a full on street race. It could have been 90 when I started braking - its a bike, who knows. :P

Khyron

sml
08-16-2003, 04:15 AM
http://www.nexus-point.net/Bike.jpg
Cough cough. 3) I wasn't IN the Jetta.
Khyron

In that case, your bike's pretty slow to be beaten by an m5 from a deadstop...

Khyron
08-16-2003, 11:30 AM
:rofl: Yah, that's it. Or you could read it again... :nut:

Khyron

Super_Geo
08-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Older lady at 25? They're not even properly broke in at that age man...

Hahahahha!!! not properly borken in .... hahahha...:rofl: :rofl:

Weapon_R
08-16-2003, 04:15 PM
:rofl: Yah, that's it. Or you could read it again... :nut:

Khyron

haha we just playin with ya man...

If it was in your bike, then I believe you. If it was in your Jetta, I hope you have the W8 engine swap in there to keep up with that M5 :D

Hash_man
08-16-2003, 07:03 PM
If it was in your bike, then I believe you.

I really hope u werent IN your bike, most people ride On their bikes. :rofl: :rofl:

Must have been a nice little race

XylathaneGTR
08-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Man, the other day when i was driving down 17th, right by mothers Music on 14th street, like, yesterday actually...
This M5 was cutting thru traffic like nobodys business, man, it was driving crazy...

Dope Dealer
08-18-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Man, the other day when i was driving down 17th, right by mothers Music on 14th street, like, yesterday actually...
This M5 was cutting thru traffic like nobodys business, man, it was driving crazy...

:eek: O M G ! REALLY?

Hahaha, you gotta really work on your stories.... :nut:

XylathaneGTR
08-18-2003, 02:53 AM
HAHA...YEAH, REALLY!
I was just saying...Crazy fucking driver man...in such gayyyy ass traffic...
btw...I hate you evan!

voodoo
08-18-2003, 10:14 AM
is it black with tinted windows?

Khyron
08-18-2003, 10:15 AM
Speaking of M's - I saw a white Bimmer with a M3 badge on the back with a single dual tip pipe, but it was a 4 door. He just stuck that badge on a 3xx right? Or was there a 4 door m3 (isn't that an m5?)

Khyron

EG STyLeZ
08-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Speaking of M's - I saw a white Bimmer with a M3 badge on the back with a single dual tip pipe, but it was a 4 door. He just stuck that badge on a 3xx right? Or was there a 4 door m3 (isn't that an m5?)

Khyron

yeah, there was a 4 door m3, different from an m5

Shiet
08-24-2003, 08:49 PM
" M5. I normally am "meh" about beamers I see on the forums, or the 3xx I see on the roads normally. Nice cars, but not worth the money. But up close on the road," Ok not worth for its money? its 400 horsepower NATURALY INSPIREd means there is no turbo charge super charge or anything plus its a luxury car and imported from germany.

tegdream
08-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Shiet
&quot; M5. I normally am &quot;meh&quot; about beamers I see on the forums, or the 3xx I see on the roads normally. Nice cars, but not worth the money. But up close on the road,&quot; Ok not worth for its money? its 400 horsepower NATURALY INSPIREd means there is no turbo charge super charge or anything plus its a luxury car and imported from germany.

ASPIRATED!!!!!!!!

Khyron
08-24-2003, 09:56 PM
And I'll stand by my comment that for the most part it's not worth the money. 400 NA horse for 80+ thousand? The majority are the base line <200 hp models. They have rattles and high price parts just like most every other car, I just don't see the point. And a crappy dealer network in Calgary (ask many BMW owners).

If I had money to burn I'd probably get one, but as I said before, for the most part - "Meh".

Khyron