PDA

View Full Version : Trapster?

DNSRadio
04-21-2008, 02:30 PM
anyone heard of this?

I signed up and installed this on my Blackberry, and so far it seems to be working.

Its an alternative to having a radar detec. if you dont want to dish out the cash.

The service is free, all the recommend is that you contribute to the service for others as well.

who else is on this site?

here is the link:

Trapster (http://www.trapster.com/index.php)

TomcoPDR
04-21-2008, 02:51 PM
hmmmm, good find, very interesting. Map shows 59 traps in the Calgary dot.

signature7
04-21-2008, 04:11 PM
installed this on my blackberry. So while i drive do i have to change anything to my phone, or will it alert me just like if i got a text message.

The Cosworth
04-21-2008, 04:32 PM
how does it get the info? I only have unlimited email and text, I dont want a bunch of crap data charges

7seriesmadness
04-21-2008, 04:32 PM
good find gonna try it

signature7
04-21-2008, 05:00 PM
yeah i was just going to say, because it uses a crapload of of gps doesn't that affect the data..I'm assuming this is a us program where unlimited data exists. Any info would help, thanks.

DNSRadio
04-24-2008, 09:27 AM
ok well from what i read on the site
you can use text msgs or if you have unlimited data
it will send you msgs when your approaching an id'd location.

i have unlim data on my blackberry and i have it thru BELL, so not to sure on how much this uses.
but so far its been pretty good on the red light cams,

just have a read thru the site and it explains it all there.

signature7
04-24-2008, 12:05 PM
hey DNS

just wondering how to get the alerts to be louder, mine is really quiet, so it's impossible to hear while driving. I have added the wav files, so there's a voice that actually tells me "red light camera" ect.