PDA

View Full Version : MWD Operators needed

IgorT
04-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Job Title: MWD Field Operators Oil/Gas Industry

Employer: Boundary Drilling Services Limited

Job Description:

MEASUREMENT WHILE DRILLING MWD Field Operators and Trainees needed for a busy and growing Directional and Horizontal Drilling company, Boundary Drilling Services Limited. We are looking for motivated individuals willing to work in a fast paced, team environment. Rig experience, Positive Pulse or EM MWD systems would be an asset, dependability and motivation a must. Please forward resume to: Boundary Drilling Services, #1, 5510 – 3rd Street S.E. Calgary, AB T2H 1J9 Fax: (403) 253-6589 Email: [email protected]

Looking for guys out of Edmonton, but, Calgary or other areas would be considered.

Pay depends on experience. Let me know what you have and we can go from there.

Thanks for looking,

Igor

Supa Dexta
04-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Whats the size of your operation? Number of mwd's and the usual number of jobs running by season. PM if you wish. I'm on my last 2 weeks with one of the big guys, but plan on taking the next couple of months off, if your still looking later on I'll keep you in mind.

SJW
04-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I have 10 years experience what can i expect the day rates to be? Mud pulse or EM? Are they tensor or rotary pulsers?

IgorT
04-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by SJW
I have 10 years experience what can i expect the day rates to be? Mud pulse or EM? Are they tensor or rotary pulsers?

SJW, we have tensor, stepper and rotary pulse tools. We also run EM tools. As for day rate, shoot me an e-mail with a brief description of your experience, and if you are a consultant or not, and i'll give you some numbers.

Thanks.

brownchild
04-22-2008, 11:16 AM
What are the requirements for a trainee?, Im just looking to get my foot in the door.

IgorT
04-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by brownchild
What are the requirements for a trainee?, Im just looking to get my foot in the door.

Send me your resume.

If you have no rig exp, i'd like to see some post secondary and some mechanical skills, and obviously good computer skills.

Thanks.

broken_legs
04-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Whats day rate for MWD/DD?

Are you hiring DDs?

Whats a typical well like for you guys? Deep Foothills? Shallow gas? 2 Day Gophers in sask? Sag D?

IgorT
04-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by broken_legs
Whats day rate for MWD/DD?

Are you hiring DDs?

Whats a typical well like for you guys? Deep Foothills? Shallow gas? 2 Day Gophers in sask? Sag D?

Typical well? Well we do all kinds. Right now the only jobs going are deep foothills due to wetness. Otherwise we do foothills, shallow, 2 day gophers, do them all. Work is in BC, Alberta, Sasky and some in the US.

As for DDs I don't think we are hiring right now. What do DDs make? An EXP. dd obviously makes over $1k/day. MWDs? Send me your resume and I'll let you know what the day rates can be, but anywhere from $200(plus sallary) to $800.

Thanks.

rollinRolla
04-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Igor is the man, I wish I never left boundary :(
The owners are all nice as hell. Can't say anything bad about this company at all.

Canmorite
04-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Where abouts is the work?

No rig skills but post-secondary and good with computers.

Supa Dexta
04-29-2008, 08:25 AM
The work is all over, and theres no schedule. Generally you're waiting for the phone to ring, and then go whenever they call, drive for how many hours, set up and work. I know myself it's not unusual to be up for 20-30 hours the first day... And usually theres no rotation, you can be out at a job for a month or so.

Not to scare anyone off, but what you read of just sitting at a computer, watching movies isn't the whole story.. You have to bust ass when the time calls for it..

broken_legs
04-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
The work is all over, and theres no schedule. Generally you're waiting for the phone to ring, and then go whenever they call, drive for how many hours, set up and work. I know myself it's not unusual to be up for 20-30 hours the first day... And usually theres no rotation, you can be out at a job for a month or so.

Not to scare anyone off, but what you read of just sitting at a computer, watching movies isn't the whole story.. You have to bust ass when the time calls for it..

I usually bust ass about an hour after camp meals