PDA

View Full Version : Golfing Alberta

RatherBePerfin
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
I was torn on where to post this, in the sports forum or in this one, but decided on this because it is more of a travel/vacation type of situation.

My brother and I are in some amount of disagreement over what to do as far as summer vacation goes. He lives near Winnipeg and I am working in Provost, and our home town is basically a mid point. Last summer we went camping and did a few rounds of golf close to home. I went to visit him in fall and did a round at The Links At Quarry Oak by Steinbach (very nice). Then I met him in Winnipeg during christmas break and we drove down to Myrtle Beach and did 4 rounds. He wants to line something up again this summer, only problem is, he hasn't given any though to coming out this way for a change. My main reason for this is at current gas prices it would cost me around $450 round trip as opposed to around $150 for him. There isn't much for courses close by, but gas expenses being $300 less I think we could justify paying for a couple nights in a hotel if we find golf courses worth playing.

Right now the hang up is finding nicer 18 hole golf courses that aren't expensive. It would really be nice to find a few courses between Provost and Edmonton or somewhere in that general vacinity. Researching online can be tough, not every course has a website. Course recommendations would be great, I am looking for bang-for-the-buck type courses, something under $40. I found a few nice courses but they have been in the $60-100 range. If anybody can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Ajay
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Not sure if you would make this drive but Innisfail is awesome go golf at. Not too hard not too easy and it's moderately priced. I played there last summer and I think it was about $75 for a round of 18 and a cart. Well worth the money.