PDA

View Full Version : drink menu

4bier
04-21-2008, 09:46 PM
i was looking for some good drinks (no beer or plain everyday drinks) name and how to make them

natejj
04-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Theres this crazy new website out there, you can type in words, and it gives you websites that relate to those words! I think its.... boogle? No, its moogle... wait.... google? Yeah thats it... sorry, its just so new and strange I forget about it! Welcome to the 21st century btw.

www.google.com

Maddog55
04-21-2008, 09:48 PM
*Edit* :rofl: ^^ I like your post better

Google is your friend. Take you're pick:

http://www.webtender.com/

4bier
04-21-2008, 09:52 PM
yeah but theres alot of modified or made up drinks

sweeks
04-21-2008, 09:57 PM
booble is better:whipped:

dj_rice
04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
http://www.bardrinks.com/drinks/lists/alpha.asp

There you go, has tons of drinks all alphabetized, and when you click on it, gives you the recipe...

And WOW, I need a 15 min break, I'm exhausted from the 15 secs of Googling

ekguy
04-22-2008, 09:50 AM
made one up at work, if you have the means to have crushed ice and can buy oasis mix then try this. Oasis Strawberry, banana and some yogurt mix.

2 ounces banana mix
1 ounce strawberry mix
1 ounce yogurt mix
2 ounces of kahlua
1 ounce of white rum (coconut if you have it)
and a splash of chocolate syrup. Mix all up and enjoy.

figured I'd edit this post rather than post below myself. For the above drink a decent blender and similar mixes meaning not the oasis mix would probably be almost identical and it's very good....Very VERY sweet though could almost be a desert unto itself.

Now one me and some chick who serves where I work made up one tonight. She was upset I gave her a free drink sprite and strawberry vodka she thought it was too strong poured a bit out and then topped off with orange juice and a splash of lime juice and enough grenadine to just slightly change the color of the drink...And I stress not very much grenadine since it'll make it way to sweet unless it's what you want. It was absolutely delicious....it was almost basically a sherley temple but a bit different and with alot of strawberry vodka....well ok not that much i had like 5 shots in it.

So:

strawberry vodka 1 or 2 maybe 3 ounces since it's not too strong for vodka.
couple ounces of orange juice
sprite
a bit of grenadine
a splash of lime juice

Another which is a classic and always refreshing, fill a very tall slender glass with some ice, add your favorite white wine, add a very minimal splash of lime juice, add sprite or if you want the real way club soda or soda water and you have a nice cold refreshing wine spritzer

hope those help a bit. I never took a course but am learning very quickly how to make martinis, bellinis and margaritas and how to properly present wine and the such. Serving liquor is much more involved than food but so much more rewarding...give those a try and let me know how they worked out for ya. I'll add more as we invent shit at work for shits and giggles we've made some good drinks...