PDA

View Full Version : Best shipping option for gear

uA741
04-22-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm ordering gear from kneedraggers.com and as I'm picking the shipping option, I'm remembering the last time I got something shipped by UPS. After already having paid for shipping when I ordered my product, they charged me again when I received my order (some kind of tax and handling charges?). I wouldn't have mind if the additional charge was small, but it was something like $50 (or more, can't remember). They told me that I would have avoided the charge if I had either used express or ground shipping (or something like that).

Anyways, which of these shipping options will cost me the least in the end?
UPS Standard
UPS Worldwide Express
USPS Global Express Airmail
USPS Airmail Parcel Post

oasis
04-22-2008, 12:33 AM
go with one of the USPS options, UPS charges too much for brokrage fees.

dj_rice
04-22-2008, 01:49 AM
The USPS Airmail Parcel Post will be the cheapest...but the USPS Global Express Airmail will get to you faster...

Team_Mclaren
04-22-2008, 02:01 AM
USPS Global Express Airmail shouldn't be much more than USPS Airmail Parcel Post, I would go with Global Express. Parcel post does not come with a tracking number either, while global express does, and is much much faster.

Go4Long
04-22-2008, 08:52 AM
I always use USPS Express Mail International(EMS) service...it generally takes about a week to get here, never been charged any duty at all, and very rarely even get charged the GST on it(the only time I've been charged GST was on my dainese coat...and well, they put the actual value on the declaration, so I can't exactly be upset about having to pay GST when I should have had to pay duty as well).

GQBalla
04-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Has anyone bought anything through cyclegear.com and had it shipped up here to canada?

Zokambaa
05-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah watch out for UPS... those turd brown guys will bend you over and rape your a$$ and I am pretty sure they won't even give you the courtesy of lubing up :eek:

UPS loves to tack on broker fees from hell and there doesn't seem to be any reasoning to their fees..

I had to pay $30 broker fees on top of shipping for an item that was about half a pound and cost me around $10

I saw someone picking up a poster in a tube and they had to pay $50

so who knows what the scale is with them

I can deal with duty and gst... seems fair enough... but UPS rapeage fees are insane

Zokambaa
05-30-2008, 02:57 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed it or not.. but If you're looking for cycle gear... and don't want to spend a fortune...
check out newenough.com they are actually pretty good on their pricing.. and the closeouts are a steal...

They also ship how you want... I chose USPS so all I pay is duty and GST... no turd brown UPS corn-hole fees on top

once you see something you like try the thing on at a local shop first... and while you're there.. see if that shop will move on the price to come closer to the mail order.. some shops are willing to play... but others want to rape you... with the exchange rate as it is now.. why should we still be paying 20-30% more than the US prices.