PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Bodyshop workers

swak
04-22-2008, 03:54 PM
My insurance just called me and i need a safety inspection done on my car because its over 15 yrs old now. Its like the full out inspection.

However, my car is nowhere near inspection worthy at the moment.

If you or anyone you know can write a pass on one that would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Willling to negotiate price.

Thanks in advance SOOOO MUCH.

I need this done before the beginning of may.

G-ZUS
04-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Safety inspections are for mechanics to do not bodyshop workers and those are the easiest inspections ever

Mazstyle
04-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Bodyshop? You just need a mechanic to write it off saying it's safe. What kinda shape is it in? The minimum standards aren't to hard to meet....

topazdude
04-22-2008, 04:06 PM
my buddies car has a busted side maker.. would it still pass the insurance inspection?

swak
04-22-2008, 04:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/magishn/IMG_1031.jpg

this is my most recent pic of the car... its not going anywhere anytime soon... and my insurance guy said i need a body shop to do it?

And i just have fire and theft insurance on it at the moment, but he cant keep it on if i dont get this done, hes tried to swing around the rules as of late for me but now the govt is bugging him to get this done. So he cant keep me on if i dont get it.

Mazstyle
04-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Just cancel the insurance till you have it road worthy... And if your really worried about theft just disable the ignition, or disconnect the fuel pump etc.

swak
04-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Mazstyle
Just cancel the insurance till you have it road worthy... And if your really worried about theft just disable the ignition, or disconnect the fuel pump etc.

im not worried about theft, more fire than anything.
If the garage burns down for some unknown reason, then i lose everything.

But its gonna be a pain in the ass to get insurance again, than just getting the inspection done.

G-ZUS
04-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by swak

im not worried about theft, more fire than anything.
If the garage burns down for some unknown reason, then i lose everything.

But its gonna be a pain in the ass to get insurance again, than just getting the inspection done.

If the car is salvage/write off, then you need a bodyshop to do it. It's ~300 bucks and are a pain in the ass

canuckcarguy
04-22-2008, 06:37 PM
you shouldn't need an inspection for comprehensive, especially if the vehicle has been insured with them for awhile. the 15 year old insurance inspection is to ensure that it's road worthy, which is hardly a problem if it's not on the road...

Phuqu
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
The car as it sits would fail any kind of inspection. It simply isn't roadworthy at this point.

What he is asking for is an inspection that states his car passes.