PDA

View Full Version : sponsoring people to come work for me?

boxer23
04-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi, I currently own a business. I was looking to hire employees from outside of Canada. I already know the people to be hired, but don't know the first thing about sponsoring someone on a work visa. Has anyone here done it? what are the steps and costs involved?

thank you,
boxer

Bimmer88
04-22-2008, 05:37 PM
A LOT of paperwork. My father is currently trying to sponsor a friend over from China... and basically you have to "fake" seek out people on the government website etc.. etc... Umm let me talk to him and see what information I can pass onto you.

All I know is its a long process, and a lot of paperwork, faxing etc...

Try out the Canadian Governmetn websites too...

Xtrema
04-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Just talk to an immigration lawyer.

People do it all the time especially in this market. Yes, lots of paper work but many people would PAY you to have a chance to work in Canada.

So you can make $ off the deal and get cheap labor as well. Win/Win.

boxer23
04-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I talked to an Immigration Lawyer, he told me $500 to get a form or something. Anyways would you happen to know the ballpark fee for importing labor?

natejj
04-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by boxer23
I talked to an Immigration Lawyer, he told me $500 to get a form or something. Anyways would you happen to know the ballpark fee for importing labor?

I figure a crate with some holes in it, and a case of Easy Mac, cant be too much.... :thumbsup: