PDA

View Full Version : used car purchase, hidden fees?

holden
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm planning on purchasing a used late model Altima at a dealership here in Calgary. I was just wondering if there would be any fees or cost (not including GST) above the cost price. My plan is to bargain that I'll pay the dealer's price, but that includes everything, including GST and any other fees.

Thanks!

Ichigo
04-22-2008, 10:48 PM
oh yeah Im 100% sure they'll drop the fees.. Infact on used cars I'm pretty sure you can pay sticker or less if you bargain hard enough. Depends on how anal the salesman is.

Good Luck

Xtrema
04-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Unless you know the car is rare (Altima, probably not), just start at what CBB quoted for the model and bargain up. Who care about fee. Just bargain with out the door price.

ianmcc
04-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Administration fees.

rc2002
04-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Just bargain with out the door price.

[/endthread]

Mista.2
04-27-2008, 12:46 PM
some dealers charge a documentation fee... and it varys from dealer to dealer.

jdmXSI
04-27-2008, 01:00 PM
admin/doc fees vary from $199-499 or so. Some places have a security etch included in the fee, some places try and sell you the etch later on in the process. It really depends on the dealer.

DonnieM
04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I sell cars for a living, I know, I know, dont kill me. Basically, it comes down to how you want to purchase the car....0% financing is pretty much a myth, there is so few vehicles that actually qualify. So if you are planning on financing or leasing, expect to pay between 1-10% extra in interest, and that is not set by the dealership, that is set by whichever lending institution will lend for you. But basically yah, negotiate hard. A lot of people dont get how much of a negotiation buying a car is. Think of it like this, what is the worse they can say....no? Shoot for the moon. Sucks for us sales guys because we live on commission and actually make 0$ an hour, but its good for you. And in the end, I'm a car guy more than a sales guy! If you can get even 1$ under sticker, you have done well.

Good luck!