PDA

View Full Version : BMW drivers

judicator
04-22-2008, 11:43 PM
So, To start off. I was going home from work, on barlow going on the offramp to 16th, and was behind a beemer.

So, I'm heading towards the turnoff behind said beemer, and ended up tailgating him a bit on the off ramp. Maybe about a half a car length to a car length in between us. He brake checked me so I backed off.

Next thing you know he starts swerving. So I shake it off, now we hit 16th. I make my lane change behind the beemer as well, but leaving lots of room. He starts speeding off, but I was wrong. he slowed down to about 50-60kph, and I following the speed limit had to change lanes left to avoid hitting him. He then does a 'ricer flyby,' all the while giving me the finger. He repeats this once more before I got the the 52nd turn off.

Yes, I know it was my fault for tailgating, but I did back off and give him a ton of room after he brake checked. But is it me, or do bmw drivers just act like douchebags on the regular? I'm sorry, if i was being tailgated, I would have brake checked and left it as it is, not continue to swerve and acted recklessly, especially for a good 3km's.

edit: Just wanted to rant.

buh_buh
04-22-2008, 11:49 PM
douche

jbabante
04-22-2008, 11:52 PM
if you can read my emblem that says "B-M-W" that means you're driving too close... :burnout:

:devil:

judicator
04-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by jbabante
if you can read my emblem that says "B-M-W" that means you're driving too close... :burnout:

:devil:

Guess, I wasn't as close as I thought, I couldn't even tell what series it was.

jbabante
04-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by judicator

Guess, I wasn't as close as I thought, I couldn't even tell what series it was.

then you don't deserve the finger.

Aleks
04-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Those BMW motorcycles will get you every time :banghead:

Euro_Trash
04-23-2008, 07:45 AM
and was behind a beemer.

Originally posted by Aleks
Those BMW motorcycles will get you every time :banghead:

:D

rc2002
04-23-2008, 09:21 AM
do bmw drivers just act like douchebags on the regular?

Is that a rhetorical question?

japan_us
04-23-2008, 09:25 AM
You calling me a douchebag? ;)
I have lots of family and friends who drive BIMMERS (beemers are BMW bikes btw), and none of us commit blatant acts of road douchebaggery.
That guy could've been driving an Aston and he'd still be a douche.
I've seen minivans going over 100km/h in 50 zones, and have been challenged at lights by kids with Civic DXs and a "Mugen" sticker, but I don't think that all minivan drivers are wreckless, nor do I think that all Honda drivers are wannabe street racers.
There are douches everywhere!

rage2
04-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by japan_us
I have lots of family and friends who drive BIMMERS (beemers are BMW bikes btw), and none of us commit blatant acts of road douchebaggery.
Doesn't matter. You, your family, your friends... all douchebags.

QuasarCav
04-23-2008, 09:39 AM
BMW: Get a 1.9% lease rate if you promise to commit a blatant act of road douchebaggery.

japan_us
04-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Doesn't matter. You, your family, your friends... all douchebags.

Ok, I'll give in. No more Mr. Nice Driver. I'll start driving the way we're supposed to.

97'Scort
04-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
BMW: Get a 1.9% lease rate if you promise to commit a blatant act of road douchebaggery.

Hahaha that's sig material...

ICEBERG
04-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah, we are all Douchebags. So stop following to close or we will do circles around you...:D ;)

Kaos
04-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Regardless of what car it is, that shit happens all the time.
You just were caught by one of us BMW douchebags....

xrayvsn
04-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by japan_us

You associate with a lot of douchebags. No wonder you drive a BMW.:D

googe
04-23-2008, 05:18 PM
when I get a bmw car, I am going to call it a beemer.

Honda_002
04-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I for one can say I HATE tailgaters, he should have brake checked you right into the rear end of his bumper:guns:

dj_rice
04-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
Regardless of what car it is, that shit happens all the time.
You just were caught by one of us BMW douchebags....

Do BMW SUV drivers get included into the douchebags catergory also??Or does that rule only apply to bikes/sedans/coupes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jlude
04-23-2008, 06:08 PM
But is it me, or do bmw drivers just act like douchebags on the regular?

It's you.

JAYMEZ
04-23-2008, 06:32 PM
God damn BMW Drivers :guns:

a social dsease
04-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I hear BMW even puts on douchebag clinics to douche-up your driving!

Lesson 1: Giving the finger out the sunroof while talking on the cellphone, drinking a $15 coffee, and jerking off to the smell of the leather seats!

snowboard
04-23-2008, 06:38 PM
fuckin mazda drivers
i was driving down barlow, and a semi had his signal on, so i slowed up, turns out he had it on from a previous turn, ok no big deal. well some fuck in a mazda behind was tailgating me and honking! so i turned around gave him a look from hell and fingered him. being a BMW driver, my special skill to scare people away from my car worked and he slowed the fuck down.
stupid 5 foot little fuck.

vengie
04-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
fuckin mazda drivers
i was driving down barlow, and a semi had his signal on, so i slowed up, turns out he had it on from a previous turn, ok no big deal. well some fuck in a mazda behind was tailgating me and honking! so i turned around gave him a look from hell and fingered him. being a BMW driver, my special skill to scare people away from my car worked and he slowed the fuck down.

:rofl: :rofl: i have to give that one a try! haha

Graham_A_M
04-23-2008, 06:46 PM
fuckin mazda drivers

Dont even get me started on minivan drivers. Good Lord. :rolleyes:

judicator
04-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm sorry, it was just a heat of the moment thing. Like I said, I never said it wasn't at fault for being too close, but the fact that he drove erratically, slowed down to 40kph, on a 90kph stretch of highway, just to do a flyby moments later. Just to try and get a reaction from me afterwards is what I was most angry about

And at the whole 'beemer/bimmer,' I'm not a connoisseur of BMW's, and I'm sorry for misusing the terms.

I did not mean to associate 'reckless driving' with BMW's, as japan_us brought up. It could have been any make or model.

Weapon_R
04-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by googe
when I get a bmw car, I am going to call it a beemer.

You, sir, do not deserve to own the badge

TorqueDog
04-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Funny, I've never been tailgated before.

... or maybe I was being tailgated, but I put my foot down and he disappeared so quickly that I didn't notice. [shrug]

Doing a 'brake check' is the most stupid thing you can suggest. Depending on the events that follow, the insurance claim being on the other guy's head could be the least of your worries.

beyond101
04-23-2008, 07:33 PM
we should move this to Alberta BMW Owners Club section and watch it beat the claw thread on pages.

SCHIDER23
04-23-2008, 07:40 PM
fuckin mazda drivers

topher91
04-23-2008, 08:19 PM
OMG.... I'm a douche!

:cry:

I may as well drive like one since everyone expects it now... haha :rofl:

RY213
04-23-2008, 09:46 PM
I dont think BMW drivers are douchebags. I do think that rednecks in big ass lifted trucks are though. These types of vehicles commit a lot more acts of douchebaggery than bmws do...

VDubbez86
04-23-2008, 09:52 PM
In the words of Dylan "Your To Close Man!!!" lol but seriously I break check for tailgater's he just took it to another level you were both at fault but he clearly has issues.

Kaos
04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Do BMW SUV drivers get included into the douchebags catergory also??Or does that rule only apply to bikes/sedans/coupes

If anything, I think the size of the vehicle determines if the guy is a douche or just a straight asshole..... :devil: :thumbsup:
By the way, It's an SAV. Sorry douche comment hahaha

1-Bar
04-24-2008, 08:11 AM
^daymm son, 4.8s are as big as they get, you sir are a gigantic asshole.....

97'Scort
04-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by beyond101
we should move this to Alberta BMW Owners Club section and watch it beat the claw thread on pages.

We're all here anyways :)

Originally posted by topher91
I may as well drive like one since everyone expects it now... haha

:werd: So does this give us free license to drive like morons, or what?

japan_us
04-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

:werd: So does this give us free license to drive like morons, or what?

Of course it does! If we didn't drive like morons, when would get the chance to test out DSC? ;)

BokCh0y
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by topher91
OMG.... I'm a douche!

:cry:

I may as well drive like one since everyone expects it now... haha :rofl:

You are a Douche hahaha........

And apparently so am I.

Let's have a BMW Douchbag Meeting.

Graham_A_M
04-24-2008, 04:14 PM
^ sweet, Count me in. :thumbsup:

topher91
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

You are a Douche hahaha........

And apparently so am I.

Let's have a BMW Douchbag Meeting.

I agree! Douchebag Meeting!!

86max
04-24-2008, 05:59 PM
But is it me, or do bmw drivers just act like douchebags on the regular?

Type in "BMW drivers" in google.

dragonone
04-24-2008, 06:02 PM
the only douches i've seen are in the older 3-series and the 'm' series cars
most of them are fairly tame behind the wheel:dunno:

m10-power
04-24-2008, 09:11 PM
You have to remember when driving near a BMW that you are on OUR road so follow the f$%kin' rules. If everyone just understood their place in the system these kinds of posts wouldn't have to happen. No point moving it to the BMW section because we all know the rules...

:poosie:

So just remember keep out of our way and things will be fine.

ICEBERG
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
What is funny about this post is, i was coming home from Down town today. There was this prick in a new Black 08 Subaru WRX Sti on my Bumper.. Follows me a little and than He steps on it and does a RICER FLYBY and cuts me off. That showed me i guess:rolleyes:

So there is a idiot in every crowed....

Jlude
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
I cut someone off this morning... there was a 535i right beside me when I did it... he gave me the "if you didn't cut that guy I would have had to" look... or maybe it was a "nice work cutting that guy off my douch bimmer brotha"

Eleanor
04-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by m10-power
You have to remember when driving near a BMW that you are on OUR road so follow the f$%kin' rules. If everyone just understood their place in the system these kinds of posts wouldn't have to happen. No point moving it to the BMW section because we all know the rules...

So just remember keep out of our way and things will be fine.

colt22
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I am proud to be a douche bag e36 driver and if morons tailgate me i will commit blatant acts of douche baggarry such as veering to the left to spray rocks at the fool or prehaps not allowing them to pass me.

the best thing is.. there is nothing you can do about it!

BMW

adamc
04-28-2008, 12:01 AM
weather's great, I was out douchebagging it up all over town today..

when's the get together?

adamc
04-28-2008, 12:05 AM
oh, I even bucket washed my car at the coin wash yesterday, while other people were waiting.

snowboard
04-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
I cut someone off this morning... there was a 535i right beside me when I did it... he gave me the "if you didn't cut that guy I would have had to" look... or maybe it was a "nice work cutting that guy off my douch bimmer brotha"

lol
i love the bmw fellowship eye contact. the kind of "good work on your douchebaggery" look, but you know the whole time even though your a fellow bmw owner, they think they are a better bmw owner than you lol. the ultimate in douchebaggery.. that said some one buy my POS so i can get a truck lol

luxor
04-29-2008, 11:24 PM
These comments are not stereotyping BMW drivers because it's all true. You are also not being prejudice when you think to yourself that the driver in the bmw hauling ass behind you in the rear view mirror is a douche bag because he will cut you right off without signaling to prove your point exactly haha

How do I/We know this? :devil:

funkedelic
04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

nice job! i cut somebody off yesterday going 150 in an 80 zone! *high five*

whens the douche meeting ?

Jlude
04-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic

nice job! i cut somebody off yesterday going 150 in an 80 zone! *high five*

whens the douche meeting ?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: