PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of BearingPoint?

spiceboy
04-23-2008, 11:45 AM
They are a Management and Technology Consultant company. They have a local office in Calgary, specializing in providing services and solutions to the Energy and Chemical sector. Anyone heard of them? Good company to work with?

black_2.5RS
04-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes, i've heard about them. They were the consulting arm of KPMG many moons ago. They're a big consulting firm and will work you tonnes. In terms of respectability for the larger / global consulting firms, they rank middle of the pack and likely a few better choices out there (assuming respectability is a factor in your decision).

Do a quick search and find out where they rank. I'm sure you'll find lots both good and bad (like any other company).

S4maniac
04-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Actually BearingPoint used to be Arthur Anderson Consulting.

I've also heard good things. My hearsay is they have some really good "teams" that are almost family-like

spiceboy
04-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by S4maniac
Actually BearingPoint used to be Arthur Anderson Consulting.

I've also heard good things. My hearsay is they have some really good "teams" that are almost family-like

Actually, you are thinking of Accenture. BearingPoint was formerly known as KPMG Consulting.
I suppose Accenture > KPMG/BearingPoint in terms of reputation?

syeve
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM
We used them years ago for an in depth study of the used oil recycling market. I thought they were good. I still have the report in fact. I spent many an hour with two of their analysts and they were good guys. No complaints here.

bigbadboss101
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Friend of mine work at Bearing Point. She seem to like it. With most of these big companies people tend to work lot.

Ajay
04-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Off topic but Bearing Point used to sponsor Phil Mickelson

:clap: :clap:

bigboom
04-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
Off topic but Bearing Point used to sponsor Phil Mickelson

:clap: :clap:

until they violated a contract and now owe him money :)

black_2.5RS
04-23-2008, 05:53 PM
You find this helpful (ranking of IT consulting firms).

http://www.vault.com/nr/consulting_rankings/techconsulting_rankings.jsp

Lots of them are not local in Calgary. Out of the top 10, I would say the only ones with any kind sizable presence are:
- Deloitte Consulting
- Bearing Point
- IBM
- Accenture

CapGem closed up shop a long time ago in Calgary and Oracle has an office in Calgary (Canterra) but I believe it's a finance and admin office - not one where you might find Consultants.

spiceboy
04-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Friend of mine work at Bearing Point. She seem to like it. With most of these big companies people tend to work lot.

Hey bigbadboss101, what's your friend's position in BearingPoint? I'm going into an interview with them next week. I'm wondering if you could ask your friend if I could contact her for some info? A phone number or email address would be good. Thank you very much!

spiceboy
04-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS
You find this helpful (ranking of IT consulting firms).

http://www.vault.com/nr/consulting_rankings/techconsulting_rankings.jsp

Lots of them are not local in Calgary. Out of the top 10, I would say the only ones with any kind sizable presence are:
- Deloitte Consulting
- Bearing Point
- IBM
- Accenture

CapGem closed up shop a long time ago in Calgary and Oracle has an office in Calgary (Canterra) but I believe it's a finance and admin office - not one where you might find Consultants.

BearingPoint has a medium sized office in Calgary. The Calgary office specializes in providing consulting services to Energy and Chemicals companies. Thanks for the link! It's pretty informational!