PDA

View Full Version : Colorados Car Scene SUCKS

l/l/rX
08-15-2003, 09:18 PM
well like the thread title says colorados car scene sucks ahaha. i thought it would be pretty good down here heh guess not. its pretty sad. i've only seen 1 modified car here and that was a white WRX, with simple mods.
im done my rant on the cars here now.

also the sport bike scene here sucks ass too AHAHA. you hardly ever see any sport bikes. mostly harleys, and choppers. its also weird seeing these bikers ride without helmets.

either than that i've seen plently evo 8's here(at the dealership) I never knew the evo's came with C/F wing. along with the turbo forester which is very styling inside out. :thumbsup:

if anyone has any good car shops that they'd recommend to go check out pooost here! thanx.

bosa
08-15-2003, 09:32 PM
I guess they're just not into it like the beyond members here? :dunno:

rage2
08-16-2003, 01:51 AM
Go check out the Kobe trial! :)

HOK
08-16-2003, 02:31 AM
weird... colorado is like the Capital of modified subies and AWD vehicles... did you go to the track? or events?

5.9 R/T
08-16-2003, 02:39 AM
I'm assuming that you're in Denver so the simple explination would be that it has about 1/2 the population that we do, they're 1500 feet higher, and have a shorter season then we do.

Zephyr
08-16-2003, 02:30 PM
car scenes r usually cali, florida, or NY.......we got rice, nice cars, hoodwhorenaments, and everything else....

K271
08-16-2003, 02:42 PM
New York car scene is alright, not as good as it's hyped up to be. There's a car show today held my the DJ Funk Master Flex, has all the rides of the NBA players and Rap stars... therefore free spinners and SUV's everywhere. Cali is where it's at.

Zephyr
08-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by K271
New York car scene is alright, not as good as it's hyped up to be. There's a car show today held my the DJ Funk Master Flex, has all the rides of the NBA players and Rap stars... therefore free spinners and SUV's everywhere. Cali is where it's at.

he also has that new show comming up on MTV! something with the bling bling and the hipppin and hoppin of the rides lol

K271
08-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Yeah, that show is on tomorrow I think. Looks pretty good. Funk Flex is big on the car/SUV scene in NYC. He's the man.

4DoorGTZ
08-16-2003, 08:04 PM
I have no clue about Denver, but I can atest to Colorado Springs having a large group of "tuners" Been down there a few times to visit a buddy, and went out to the local cruising spot late one night, lots of people (50+) cruising around, ocasionaly stoping to talk then taking off to race somewhere secluded.

Maybe you dont know the places to look? (just an idea)

l/l/rX
08-16-2003, 08:56 PM
rage2: kobe trial?

HOK: yea i know colorado SHOULD be capital of AWD frenzy, but i havent really seen all that many AWD cars out here. a few wrx's, a few legacys, and a few foresters and 1 evo 8 on the roads. hmm i havent been to the tracks yet, i saw this dink ass 1/4 mile track on my way into denver and it looked like shit ahaha. but i guess i should look up some locations of some tracks.

Zephyr & k271: is that the show where it has ja rule in that cool little car? like hella custom car? yeeaaa that show looks wicked!!!!!

4doorgtz: ahh, late night cruising...hmm yea its not cool to cruise with bunch of modified cars when you're in a van with a thule box on the roof AHAHAHA. also i dont think my dad would be down with late night cruising.

i am in denver right now, home of pikes peak? i wish there was a pikes peak event to attend to :(

K271
08-16-2003, 11:54 PM
They had cars this year from Sprewell, P Diddy, Ja Rule, The Birdman, Shaq, and many more. Pretty Impressive.

eur0
08-17-2003, 12:59 AM
hey wrx, where in colorado are you? i live in calgary but im in denver right now for another week...yea the car scene does suck, lots of evo's and some nice sti's...other than that its all corvettes and suv's

I have been here for the last month and I havnt seen much at all

l/l/rX
08-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by tbk49
hey wrx, where in colorado are you? i live in calgary but im in denver right now for another week...yea the car scene does suck, lots of evo's and some nice sti's...other than that its all corvettes and suv's

I have been here for the last month and I havnt seen much at all

sweet sweet!!!!! im in denver too!! woop woop. where bouts in denver not tooo sure. my hotel is sorta by a boston market :drool: south clinton street englewood. we're very close to all those john elway dealerships.

i've only seen 1 sti and 1 evo on the streets for the time i've been here. lots of wrx's and thats bout it. vettes, harleys, choppers, suv's are the main choice of ride here. :thumbsdow

yea im stuck here till wed we pack and leave out to salt lake city for 3 days! Cobb Tuning WOOOH!

eur0
08-17-2003, 10:09 PM
im in highlands ranch, its like far south of denver right by 470...highaltitudeimports.com is the local forum which sucks