PDA

View Full Version : please help: interesting restaurant!

ringer
04-24-2008, 02:24 AM
I am looking for a great place to go for dinner tomorrow night
My boyfriend and I like really interesting restaurants..
we live downtown so in that area would be the best. But I’m really looking to impress him
tomorrow night because he is leaving for work for a month in a few days,
and not impress as far as an expensive place but somewhere really interesting.
We like open sesame and pulcinella.

Can you suggest anywhere really interesting and not too expensive.. Maybe somewhere in Inglewood?
I really have to pull this one off.

Thanks!

shamez
04-24-2008, 02:41 AM
taste of india. Amazing butter chicken.

icecreamvan
04-24-2008, 08:38 AM
I hear there's a really good authentic French restaurant in Marda Loop that will help you "pull this one off". ;) The name escapes me but maybe someone on here knows it?

It's all I got
04-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Try alloy....not cheap, on the edge of dowtown, but close to LRT....

www.alloydining.com

I bet you love it......

spiffyguido
04-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Marathon - Ethiopian in Kensington
Moti Mahal - just south of 14th street and 17th ave SW

me&you
04-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by icecreamvan
I hear there's a really good authentic French restaurant in Marda Loop that will help you "pull this one off". ;) The name escapes me but maybe someone on here knows it?

Chez JoJo

badseed
04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Sultans Tent - Don't know where the new location is (Morrocan food)

OR

Moroccan Palace - Very interesting place, feel like your dining in a Moroccan tent, nice atmosphere.

Seoul Korean BBQ - on Macleod near chinook kinda, bbq your own meats but I'll worn you, you'll freakin stink like bbq after. The food is awsome and the restaraunt is pretty nice.

dj_rice
04-24-2008, 05:26 PM
So anyways, is the bf gone yet??

93accord
04-24-2008, 05:35 PM
^^:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

icecreamvan
04-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
So anyways, is the bf gone yet??

I'm amazed at your patience. You waited a whole 3 hours. Must be a beyond record. :nut:

ringer
04-25-2008, 01:36 PM
thanks everyone for all your help!
and nope not gone till thursday hahha

dj_rice
04-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ringer

I feel your pain, its gonna be a long and hard month away from your boyfriend but don't worry, I'm here for you, just think of my house as your house...my bed as your bed...etc...:angel:

Hakkola
04-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ringer

You're a woman, and you're trying to impress your bf by taking him to a restaurant?

I like going to interesting places as much as the next guy, but trust me honey, there are easier and more interesting ways to impress your boyfriend than taking him out to an interesting restaurant. :rofl:

badatusrnames
04-25-2008, 04:27 PM
A blowjob is to a man what a candlelight dinner and flowers are to a woman...

Jlude
04-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

You're a woman, and you're trying to impress your bf by taking him to a restaurant?

I like going to interesting places as much as the next guy, but trust me honey, there are easier and more interesting ways to impress your boyfriend than taking him out to an interesting restaurant. :rofl:

Exactly...

If you really want to impress him, take him home and have a hot girl waiting in bed for you guys.

He should be impressed.

winterkiss
05-13-2008, 04:55 AM
The Sultan's Tent is now on 14th St NW in Kensington, around the corner from Chicken On The Way.

Can I just say that I find Open Sesame.......gross. Cool concept, badly executed.

pinoyhero
05-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Pics ... ?