PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Track Day Comments

The Raptor
08-05-2002, 07:41 PM
Man, was the the shit or what? I don't think I ever had that much fun puttin the metal to the pedal! Definitely a top ten day in my books! :D

Finally I was able to take the car to the limits and feel relatively safe about it. We have definitely got to do more of these. Props to Fuji and everyone who helped organized this event.

As well, the instructors were cool. John was hillarious and for an old guy, dam he can sure drive like a mofo!

:D :D

Audi Kid
08-05-2002, 07:45 PM
i had to work fuck! wish i coulda came and wached

Ben
08-05-2002, 08:30 PM
I had such a blast today!

Damn!!!!!

That weather cleared right up and made for some very excellent laps around the course!!!

Special Thanks to:

4wheeldrift, whom proved that it its not nessessarily the car but definatly the driver that makes your lap around the course faster and proper! Damn "YoU GotTz SkIlLz!!"

CRXguy, Whos MaD SkIlLz is not just a street name...

rage2, for a Very...VERY Quick 2 miles...

and to Kenny for an even QUICKER 2 Miles seasoned with a hint of worry and a large helping of brake dust!

Great turn out thats for sure!

Next track day I hope to have my car ready to go, that was just far too much fun to pass up again!

Cant wait for Pics and Vids...

CRXguy
08-05-2002, 08:32 PM
I had tonnes of fun all day. The P5 did not disappoint one bit, although it needs a little bit more suspension "tweaking".:D

Thanks to Greg for showing me the lines, and also rage2 and Raptor for letting me ride along. It was awesome!! Big thanks to Fuji and everybody else involved for setting it up.:thumbsup:

Hope to do this again. Now I gotta start saving up!:rofl:

Back to bed I go.:zzz:

4wheeldrift
08-05-2002, 08:35 PM
Wish I hadn't had to leave at noon. I love lapping days, and that one was a hoot. Benny, glad you enjoyed riding with me. Likewise archie, hope it was memorable, if not terribly quick. Thanks to the instructors who came out and made it a good day for everyone. To my dead tires, and a removed piece of bodywork, my trophies for they day :) And especially fuji and rage 2, for organizing the whole thing, making sure everyone had a safe and enjoyable day. Looking forward immensely to the next one :thumbsup:

Shoobs
08-05-2002, 08:40 PM
sounds like you all had a blast

James
08-05-2002, 08:58 PM
I had a great time watching all the cars run, really made me wish i had the money at the time to run my car! :( ..Definatly have to come out to a Solo2 event before the end of the summer!:thumbsup:

Thanks Again Archie (B18C) for lettin me ride along, I think im still having trouble hearing:nut:

Alpine Autowerks
08-05-2002, 09:03 PM
thanks to Rage2 for letting me use the "winter beater"-two tanks of gas, two litres of oil and self-rolling fenders!!!!!!!! never did do turn 3 twice the same but every time was great.

kevie88
08-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Awesome.. too bad I couldn't keep the temps under control. Next time!!

James
08-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Awesome.. too bad I couldn't keep the temps under control. Next time!!

So was your engine alright? not a possible blown head gasket like you first thought?

Ben
08-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
thanks to Rage2 for letting me use the "winter beater"-two tanks of gas, two litres of oil and self-rolling fenders!!!!!!!! never did do turn 3 twice the same but every time was great.

Ah...so that was you bagging on the VW...

Yeah, so much fun, we got some excellent footage of you in a power slide comming around turn 3...excellent!:clap: :thumbsup:

Ekliptix
08-05-2002, 09:28 PM
I was there watching. Looked awsome. What was with that 911 Turbo? was it a dealer car? That Mugen Lude was nice too. and M3 too.

James: I know what u mean about Archie's car. Droooooonnnnn. I couldn't handle that all the time.

rage2
08-05-2002, 10:11 PM
Thanks a bunch Fuji for organizing the whole deal. Once again, a perfect day. I had a blast, I went much faster today than I did last time out (prob. 3 seconds a lap). Getting really used to the SLK now. Had some REALLY good runs with a few guys, the Silver WRX, the Blue "Mines" 2.5 RS, and of course Kenny in the AMG. 10 laps of uninterrupted hard lapping is mind boggling!

Originally posted by Benny
rage2, for a Very...VERY Quick 2 miles...

and to Kenny for an even QUICKER 2 Miles seasoned with a hint of worry and a large helping of brake dust!

Kenny's getting DAMN fast. I could not catch him at all today, about 1-2 sec. a lap slower. Going to review video footage to see what kind of lap times we were pulling. That AMG, with R compounds, can really kick some SERIOUS ass!

Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks

Thanks for building me such a kick-ass car. I wanted to take the 944 out for a few laps, but I thought improving my laptimes in the SLK was more challenging =).

B18C
08-05-2002, 10:12 PM
I had waaay too much fun! I don't know what to do with myself now. It was nice to push my car to the limits. It just felt awesome - especially that last session. Couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Pretty much destroyed my brake pads though. Went into the lapping day with a healthy amount of pad and left with none. Man that was fun.

Special thanks to Rage and Fuji that set this up, the instructors, everyone that gave me a ride (Warren, Rob,and Redline), and Speedracer for showing me the ropes.

So when's the next lapping day?

Oh, warren I still have your tire gauge.

speedracer
08-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by The Raptor

Finally I was able to take the car to the limits and feel relatively safe about it.

Not yet (at the limit that is), but getting there ;)
Since I wasn't allowed to pass you in the corners (didn't wan to tail gate you and force you off the track)and a little low on the hp to pass you on the straights....hmmm does this sound bitter? lol:confused: :D

4wheeldrift - There's always the next one. I guess I should try again and hold a lapping day.

CRXguy - By the end of the day the car looked a lot smoother entering and exiting the corner :thumbsup:.

Personally I had a blast but then again who wouldn't.

B18C: By the end of the day - Smooth shifting, much better braking, and starting to let the car drift out:thumbsup:

There were no incidents on the track either :clap:

Last but not least Fuji:
Thanks for taking the time in organizing and holding the event!

rage2
08-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by B18C
I had waaay too much fun! I don't know what to do with myself now. It was nice to push my car to the limits. It just felt awesome - especially that last session. Couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Pretty much destroyed my brake pads though. Went into the lapping day with a healthy amount of pad and left with none. Man that was fun.

I need 4 new rotors and pads after today hehe. Well worth it though!

redline
08-05-2002, 10:28 PM
yep it was a great time, i need better tires. The stock all seasons are not that great for road course...

Thanks rage2, fuji and the instructors.

can not wait for the next one! :burnout: :burnout:

Big_Six_Boy
08-05-2002, 11:19 PM
:clap: Awesome day out today!! I was really afraid that it might rain, but the sun was on our side!
That was a total blast, and much thanks to Fuji and Rage2 for setting this up. :thumbsup:

My tires are totally shredded... gotta get a new set before the next track day. I think my brake pads are probably out too.. haven't check yet. But all well WORTH IT!
:clap: :burnout: :thumbsup:

Audi Kid
08-05-2002, 11:22 PM
rage! book the next one im in for sure man :)

OMOYYC
08-05-2002, 11:39 PM
It was definately much more fun to be driving in the car instead of just watching. You certainly appreciate it that much more. Especially after being in the car with John, who at first was complaining about me missing the start turn pylon by 2 feet. By the end of the day, I really felt the difference that 2 feet made.

Thanx guys, sign me up 4 sure!

OMOYYC
08-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Hey Raptor, I wish we could have been on the course at the same time. Would have been fun.

mischief
08-06-2002, 12:27 AM
Kudo's to Rage2 and Fuji for setting up a sweet day. :thumbsup: Couldn't ask for too much more. The weather cooperated nicely and I got to find the limits of my car. It was my first time on the track and I think there are many more on the way.

So should I be expecting to hit the track again on the Sept. Labor Day long weekend? :burnout:

Ben
08-06-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Kenny's getting DAMN fast. I could not catch him at all today, about 1-2 sec. a lap slower. Going to review video footage to see what kind of lap times we were pulling. That AMG, with R compounds, can really kick some SERIOUS ass!

Holy hell did it ever stick...but aside from When Kenny and I had the encounter at the end of the strait away I think the most exciting part of the entire day was when you were just on the verge of the cars extreme limits on turn6 (right before the back stretch chicane) and I could feel the car just hinting a slide (how fast was that again? 140?). Damn man, that was intense, I had a smile on bigger than Gavin in a Mens...er I mean a kid in a candy store...

Encore!!! Encore!!!http://www.albertacars.net/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

sexualbanana
08-06-2002, 01:06 AM
. . . I had a smile on bigger than Gavin in a Mens...er I mean a kid in a candy store...

fucker!

shadowz
08-06-2002, 01:48 AM
Great time watching, and had a rip in my buddies mugen lude !

RiceCake
08-06-2002, 02:23 AM
I'm still :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: for not going this morning... GRRR :madred:

98Luder
08-06-2002, 02:30 AM
Yes, it was well worth the drive over to Calgary.
Heh, I got lotta driving in today....driving to Calgary, track time, then driving back to Edmonton.

However, the driving skills i learned today were well worth the trip.

Thanks for organizing this event Justin.:clap:

The Raptor
08-06-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by nevermind
Hey Raptor, I wish we could have been on the course at the same time. Would have been fun.

Haha.. damn dude... that's for next time! Glad to see you finally on here :)

The Raptor
08-06-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 98Luder
Heh, I got lotta driving in today....driving to Calgary, track time, then driving back to Edmonton.

However, the driving skills i learned today were well worth the trip.

Thanks for organizing this event Justin.:clap:

Hey James right? Dude, you're car sounded awesome man!! btw I was the guy i the ITR... See you out next time!

rage2
08-06-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 98Luder

Hey James right? Dude, you're car sounded awesome man!! btw I was the guy i the ITR... See you out next time!

I'm guessing it was the Prelude? That thing was the meanest sounding car there... Meaner than Raptor's, which is tough to beat!

Tuner1
08-06-2002, 10:58 AM
Nice work guys! Excellent turn out, great weather, nice cars and lots of fun. Sorry I couldn't have been there all day to help out but last minute plans change my day. It looked like Jay, John and Greg had everything under control.

I know I promised drifting lessons but the 'ol 996 Twin turbo isn't the best drift car :D

Rob

[GaGe]
08-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Damn, I wish i could've driven on the track..

Fuji
08-06-2002, 11:30 AM
Guys thanks for coming out. It looks like everyone had fun. Thanks to Rage for helping me get everyone together.

If we can get the spot, we will be out on Sept 2... I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for coming out

rage2
08-06-2002, 01:17 PM
I think the most exciting part of the entire day was when you were just on the verge of the cars extreme limits on turn6 (right before the back stretch chicane) and I could feel the car just hinting a slide

My car loves that corner (and so do I!). I got sideways a few times there going a wee bit over the limit, but I also got a few perfect 4 wheel drifts out of that corner, with just enough room to set up for the chicane. There were also a few "not so perfect" exits there where I was damn close to going off the track hehe.

speedracer
08-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
I :dunno: a skateboard might be a bit slow...

Besides you wouldn't us to mistaken you for a gohper on the track and try and run you over :angel:

98Luder
08-06-2002, 01:40 PM
Thanks Rage2 and Raptor,
You can thank the mean sounds to my Mugen catback :)
I'm glad everyone had fun and there was no accidents.
Also, nice to meet all you guys out there, it was a great event.

James

boi-alien
08-06-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

you shoulda brought some rope, tied yourself to rage's bumper and hopped onto your skateboard!! hehe

spyguy
08-06-2002, 01:55 PM

and you can definately be sure our paths will meet again!!!! :guns:

kevie88
08-06-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by James

So was your engine alright? not a possible blown head gasket like you first thought?

No , I think everything is OK. I was looking and I think it was the rad cap, the rubber has a little crack in it and it feels dried up and weak.. crappy to think that a $5 part put the kybosh on a lot of fun today. It looks like eveything is going to be fine. I still loved it!

It was great to go out with a bunch of fast drivers again...I've really missed that this year. Now you guys need to get some motorcycles and find out what going fast is really like!!

rage2
08-06-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Now you guys need to get some motorcycles and find out what going fast is really like!!

My balls aren't big enough for that kinda kinda fast =).

max_boost
08-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Well it was my grandpa's birthday so my parents threw a big ass party at the house, 10 cars in and around the driveway so I was stuck at home all day! By the time they left, I had to go to work lol.

Looks like you guys had a blast, maybe next time I can make it!:thumbsup:

Bam
08-06-2002, 04:22 PM
Ya it sounds awesome:thumbsup:

Audi Kid
08-06-2002, 05:37 PM
rob u where driving a new t/t porsche? wow

Farzad
08-07-2002, 01:08 AM
That was great fun. Thanks to Justin and others for putting the whole thing together and thanks to Mike for letting me find the limits of his little rotary engine. ;)

I have some video from turn three when Greg the instructor took us out there to watch. I can post it when I have time. I caught the tail end of the silver WRX spinning at the apex of turn 2 and got lots of cars nailing or missing the line into 3 with commentary from the peanut gallery (I might cut the audio out :eek: ). Anyway if there is interest I'll post it. I wish I got the rally cross in the in-field with Greg's Hummer.

Thanks again.

kenny
08-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Sign up for the September track day is now starting! Check the thread in the events section. :burnout:

kmac
08-18-2002, 01:06 AM
Man, was the the shit or what? I don't think I ever had that much fun puttin the metal to the pedal! Definitely a top ten day in my books! :D

Finally I was able to take the car to the limits and feel relatively safe about it. We have definitely got to do more of these. Props to Fuji and everyone who helped organized this event.

As well, the instructors were cool. John was hillarious and for an old guy, dam he can sure drive like a mofo!

:D :D

Was this John fellow either John H of Calgary or a John R from edmonton. Dont wanna use lastnames, for privacy's sake if i'm thinking of the wrong people.

kenny
08-18-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by kmac

Was this John fellow either John H of Calgary or a John R from edmonton. Dont wanna use lastnames, for privacy's sake if i'm thinking of the wrong people.

John G. H. of the Southern Alberta BMW club.

kmac
08-18-2002, 10:25 AM
Black E46 M3? He's such a cool guy.

4wheeldrift
08-18-2002, 10:27 AM
John oWnZ j00! :D John's always cool to hang out with.