PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on where to buy lenses

dans14
04-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey guys, I just got my first slr a few months back as a gift and now I want to start expanding my lense collection. Being a student I am on a budget and basically I am wondering where locally, internet, or maybe in the states is the cheapest places to pick up some lenses. If you guys can point me in the right direction that would be great!!

Zorac
04-24-2008, 08:06 PM
craigslist locally is pretty good. otherwise i usually do the photography forums and ebay. on the forums just make sure your dealing with someone who has a history of selling on the forum.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-24-2008, 08:25 PM
For new gear locally, hit The Camera Store. Online, BH Photo Video is usually the gold standard. For used gear online that's been inspected by pros and has excellent customer service, KEH is the place.

www.thecamerastore.com

www.bhphotovideo.com

www.keh.com

Mitsu3000gt
04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
If you're after any Sigma lenses, Henry's occasionally has some crazy deals, depending what you're looking for. I've bought a couple from them, one for about 40% cheaper than the best deal locally.

AccentAE86
04-25-2008, 03:48 PM
The camera store is a great place. And now that Canon USA has raised their prices on lenses, going to B&H is even less appealing. Especially with taxes and duties, and the great exchange rate.

That of course, means nothing if you don't shoot canon