PDA

View Full Version : Nice, and reasonable....

DJ Lazy
08-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Why the hell can I not find a nice, clean, stock, low KM car, for 10K???
I don't think I am that picky, when it comes to cars..

I dunno.. what do you guys think when it comes to finding a good car, for a decent price... ???:dunno:

Hash_man
08-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Well what are you being picky about... just to help you find one.

Like do you want a standard? power windows? locks?.. etc.

max_boost
08-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Buy a Cavalier or Accent

DJ Lazy
08-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Hash:

Manual is a must.. power windows would be nice but not a must... A/C is a must...

Max:

I am very bias AGAINST cavaliers and sunfires.. etc... and I have driven an Accent before... and al I can say is NO.. LOL

I would preferably like to stick to the import side of things, and keep them from 92+ in age... 4 doors would be nicer than a coupe (for innsurance reasons) but I would like hatchbacks... I would REALLY like a 6th Gen Civic Hatch... but they are all selling for 9K+, and any that are selling for less than that I get really leary about the history of the car... and that would tap be out for atleast a year to pay off...
so, maybe that will help you guys, help me.. :D

max_boost
08-16-2003, 01:15 PM
In that case, just wait for the right car to come along.

Hash_man
08-16-2003, 01:18 PM
Ya, just wait and you willl find what you are looking for. Don't be in a rush, find the right car.

Oh and one Car I would recomend is the Infiniti G20. You can easily get a 93-95 for under 10k. And thats usually with leather, and power everything, and 4drs.

There is one on canadatrader right now, but it is an auto. Although it only has 150,000km and is a 93 for 7k.

DJ Lazy
08-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
Ya, just wait and you willl find what you are looking for. Don't be in a rush, find the right car.

Oh and one Car I would recomend is the Infiniti G20. You can easily get a 93-95 for under 10k. And thats usually with leather, and power everything, and 4drs.

There is one on canadatrader right now, but it is an auto. Although it only has 150,000km and is a 93 for 7k.

Yea I saw that today on canadatrader too... sucks that it is a auto... my mom used to have a black one.. too bad I was to young to own a car... :thumbsdow

Hash_man
08-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Ya, keep your eyes open though, because before I got my car, I was considering a G20, and you can find nice ones for pretty damn cheap. And its pretty sweet car, and has the Sr20de in it.

DJ Lazy
08-16-2003, 01:31 PM
I have no idea what that engine code means... nor do I know any others except for the b16a, and h22... LOL... but i think almost everyone knows about those.. :rofl:

three.eighteen.
08-16-2003, 02:41 PM
sr20 is the naturally aspirated version of the engine found the the jdm silvias/180sx...like 140hpish...but i hear theyre pretty fun even in n/a trim

max_boost
08-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Why does it have to be a manual? Will it keep your manlihood intact?

DJ Lazy
08-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Why does it have to be a manual? Will it keep your manlihood intact?
Because I find it absolutely boring driving an automatic... Not to mention I personally have more control over the car when it is a manual... Horsepower tends to be slightly higher in cars that are manual... Just over all I find the driving experience more enjoyable when it is a manual...

And........

Unlike you I got better things to do with my right hand than jack-off when I am driving.. LOL :rofl:

Hash_man
08-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Peoples opinions on manual or auto will never change, I am lazy as hell so I drive an auto. Although when I do my engine swap I will probably convert to a manual. Most auto transmissions aren't built as strong as manuals either.

And, If you are looking in to the G20, the main swap would be the SR20DET. That means you get turbocharged. And if u are looking in to aftermarket, it is known as the Nissan Primera in Japan, so there is quite a bit of aftermarket for it there.

rice_eater
08-16-2003, 05:06 PM
hondas and most imports are overpriced because they are so hyped up...there's nothing you can do about it....

rice_eater
08-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
Most auto transmissions aren't built as strong as manuals either.

Really??? you're wrong on that one...

Hash_man
08-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Really??? you're wrong on that one...

Well from what I have seen in mechanics, and been told from my friend when he did his auto to manual swap this is true.

Speed_Dreams
08-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Trust me I was looking for a couple months before i Found the perfect teg....but now that i have found it im more then happy

good luck with finding your car

ace mcfly
08-16-2003, 09:30 PM
maybe a gti or golf or jetta?

max_boost
08-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lo-Tec

Because I find it absolutely boring driving an automatic... Not to mention I personally have more control over the car when it is a manual... Horsepower tends to be slightly higher in cars that are manual... Just over all I find the driving experience more enjoyable when it is a manual...

And........

Unlike you I got better things to do with my right hand than jack-off when I am driving.. LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Newbies don't know shit all like you.......Both my cars are 6 speed manual.......dumbass:zzz:

DJ Lazy
08-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Newbies don't know shit all like you.......Both my cars are 6 speed manual.......dumbass:zzz:

Then you must know what I am talking about when I talk about why manual is soo important....... dumbass :D

962 kid
08-17-2003, 08:19 PM
try looking for a 1990-ish mercedes E class

DJ Lazy
08-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
try looking for a 1990-ish mercedes E class

Why?

962 kid
08-17-2003, 08:38 PM
because they are sturdy, cheap, reliable, not too gutless (almost 200 hp), and available with a 5-speed manual. plus its a mercedes

theken
08-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lo-Tec

Then you must know what I am talking about when I talk about why manual is soo important....... dumbass :D

i think it's bannin time :thumbsup:

if auto's are so boring and "weak" why does every single quarter mile car have auto transmission?? 7 second funny cars = auto

Altezza
08-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Look for a car in the $11k - $12k range and bargain down to $10k. Lots of good cars for sale in that price range.

DJ Lazy
08-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by theken

i think it's bannin time :thumbsup:

if auto's are so boring and "weak" why does every single quarter mile car have auto transmission?? 7 second funny cars = auto

Ummm I don't plan on buying a funny car, I am buying a daily driver... I never said autos were weak, i did say they are boring.. I am sure there is quite a rush when you drive a funny car... but driving an auto for me is boring.. that is ALL i am saying..

DJ Lazy
08-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
Look for a car in the $11k - $12k range and bargain down to $10k. Lots of good cars for sale in that price range.

Yea, good idea man.. I never really thought of that... Thanks