PDA

View Full Version : beyond members need to grow up

fiero_type_s
08-16-2003, 03:26 PM
beyond members whats the deal i am more then shocked with the responce i have been seeing to treads about domestics. here is my beef what are all you guys afraid of this forurm is for car lovers and for tunners but as i have noticed if it's not honda or VW or someother inport it sucks. now i can only speak of what i have seen but i have been watching this forum for quite some time now and i can understand why the kids from beyond can't seem to respect something different. my bitch is not with every import lover or with everyone on beyond. my bitch is with the kids that think the only car that can be or should be tunned is a honda or Mazda or VW and toyota. on like you kids i did not by my body kit off a shelf or of the internet i made it. Unlike you kids when i drive my car i know im the only one driviing a car like mine. You children must hate seeing 5 Cars in one day that look just like yours, like when you go to a club and a nother guy is busting the same shirt ( That sucks). i understand how it feels but don't come down on the people that are different because we are the ones that make the new things to. Years ago i was told that you tune are car for you and not for everyone else if you like it thats all that matters. i have not gone around on this Fourm or ever and bashed someones hard work or there car. if my car is not your style then cool but if you don't like it because it's not a "civic" or a tunner car then grow up. there are some cars on this site that i have to say are on real, for example the 240 with the rb20det swap (WOW ) that s unreal. BEn your GTI is super cool i saw a nice lude on here to. but all you other children on this site the drive your cloned civic and such, Grow up. respect is all i ask for
Thanks for hearing my side

5.9 R/T
08-16-2003, 03:38 PM
Haha. This will probably end bad.

CRXguy
08-16-2003, 03:40 PM
OK.

Speed_Dreams
08-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Your telling everyone else to grow up while you get to keep bitching like a 12y/o??? Come on now.....honestly who throws a shoe?

To each there own i say. I have my own opinions about what looks good and what dosen't. And i know that some people like Huge wings and crazy body kits and underglow. But like i said2 each there own

Ben
08-16-2003, 03:50 PM
hmmmm...I honestly have to say I havent seen much Domestic Bashing lately...these import/domestic threads were very very common last year on the forum but it seems to have died down which is good. Beyond has some very respectable domestics, and in all honesty the "Kids" who hate on domestics are just immature about it. They are insecure about their car and need to belittle everything else.

As far as my GTI...I appreciate the comments but haha, its hardly respectable its slow and still needs alot of work, it only runs 15's. This winter its going in for an overhaul ;)

I've always felt sort of "Out of the group" even though I drive an import cause alot of people hate VW's...so I know what you mean, I just think its poor education...I have destroyed countless Hondas/Toyotas/Acuras/Nissans/Cavaliers/Sunfires/Mustangs on the road because they have no idea what the heck a GTI with a 16V is....they think GTI, they think old and beat ass slow...they dont realise that they can be built up rather well and throwing in a set of Euro Race cams and a chip can make a big difference...and then you get to aesthetics...everyone looks at my car and sayss "Its stock" and moves on...meh, to the untrained eye...which I like...adds to the sleeperness value...hehe

Zephyr
08-16-2003, 04:15 PM
awwwwww somebody needs a hug.

i havent seen many import vrs domestics....who cares anyway, most of us r here for the cars. most here dont care if the car came from japan, america, canada, mexico, italy, france, britain, iraq, etc...

so what if they dont like your car, do you like your car? did you work on your car just to get other people's opinions about it? or did you build it for your own satifaction? everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether you like it or not. the question is, did you work on your car for yourself, or for others?

just because a lot of cars on here are imports, and euros doesnt mean domestics are kicked to the side. if someone posts something against your car, just ignore it, because for god's sake, it's the internet, and if you get hyped up all over TEXT, then be prepared for people in the future of people that might go to your face in person and shower you in flaming words about your car.

i know i dont hate domestics, just i hate a certain car, and im quite fond of american detroit muscle now..

Weapon_R
08-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Why do I have a feeling it has something to do with this poll?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21625

Now if you think that beyond members hate Fiero's, or Americans in general, look at this Fiero. I think it looks incredible.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20504

Also a member of our site, and I think his vehicle represents one of the nicest Fiero's around.

You will notice that there is a large group of members who own Import vehicles (namely Hondas), but there are an equal number of people who own other makes including Euros and domestic. We all coexist here, and although the odd bashing may occur, you can't expect everyone to love all kinds of vehicles. If that were the case, we wouldn't have so many different car companies. If you like Domestics, fine. If someone else doesn't, thats also fine. There is no reason to put a post asking members to grow up because they don't like a certain brand of vehicle. If someone excessively bashes another person/company they will be banned, and im sure many of the members who have been here long enough realize this.

fiero_type_s
08-16-2003, 04:32 PM
i have not beef with inports at all non not even a little bit.my bro drive a 95 honda civic and a 90 VW corrado and i love them both to bits so agian it's not there cars that i have beef with it's the owners, who are so closed minded. i have seen that fiero it's sweet. i did the work for myself but it's nice for a complemt to.

Importz
08-16-2003, 04:41 PM
american cars r cool.....

civicrider
08-16-2003, 05:15 PM
you ask for people to vote for your car, and when people say they dislike it u get mad?? YOU ASKED FOR PEOPLES OPINON!!! and please dont think your something calling us "kids":guns:

Joe Malms
08-16-2003, 05:26 PM
damn them inports

sxtasy
08-16-2003, 05:48 PM
for example the 240 with the rb20det swap (WOW ) that s unreal. Whos car is that??

ryder_23
08-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
you ask for people to vote for your car, and when people say they dislike it u get mad?? YOU ASKED FOR PEOPLES OPINON!!! and please dont think your something calling us "kids":guns:

:werd:

syeve
08-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by fiero_type_s
BEn your GTI is super cool i saw a nice lude on here to. but all you other children on this site the drive your cloned civic and such, Grow up. respect is all i ask for
Thanks for hearing my side

So i am assuming I am one of the children you are speaking of? you are generalising about a pretty large group...(whole beyond community minus two people) arent you are asking for people to NOT generalise about "other" cars

NEWAYS....relax man...a :bigpimp: never loses his cool

Superesc
08-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Why do I have a feeling it has something to do with this poll?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21625

:rolleyes:

Doodle
08-16-2003, 06:26 PM
If there was no disputes between domestics and imports then there would just be on big forum for all of america and we would all be best friends...booourns.

ryder_23
08-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by syeve

NEWAYS....relax man...a :bigpimp: never loses his cool

He prolly aint no :bigpimp:

:thumbsup:

three.eighteen.
08-16-2003, 06:30 PM
beyond is pretty good about the whole import vs domestic thing, sure it rears its ugly head once in a while, but only when the beast is awakened by stupid posts...nobody actually bashed your car...they voted anonymously, now that's the closest thing to creative criticism you can get on a car forum, people have taste, not everyone shares the same tastes...you asked for an opinion and you got one, why are you complaining?

Zephyr
08-16-2003, 07:40 PM
yea, u asked for opinons and u got it. if u didnt want negative opinions then make the poll choices:

I like it!
I like it!
I like it!
I like it!

mmmm sexy 68 challenger..

http://www.werren.com/resto/05.jpg

Ebbsvette
08-16-2003, 08:02 PM
yea... domestic bashing is not cool. I do not agree with it at all (wonder why) haha o well. To each his own

Mike09
08-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Why bash the domestic's when most of the imports are made in the USA. I feel this is a pointless thread.

syeve
08-17-2003, 12:05 AM
actually, a lot of "imports" are made in Canada...would'nt that make THEM domestic? Just a thought...

GTS Jeff
08-17-2003, 01:21 AM
haha just cuz ppl think your fiero is ugly doesnt mean they are bashing domestics.

thats like saying a person who doesnt like rap music is racist to black ppl.

RiCE-DaDDy
08-17-2003, 01:30 AM
yea fieros are crap!

Importz
08-17-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
haha just cuz ppl think your fiero is ugly doesnt mean they are bashing domestics.

thats like saying a person who doesnt like rap music is racist to black ppl. :werd:

max_boost
08-17-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by importz
:werd: You are agreeing with GTSJeff? haha

4G63Power
08-17-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by fiero_type_s
Years ago i was told that you tune are car for you and not for everyone else if you like it thats all that matters.

Good advice...you should listen to it. :rolleyes:

Initial-D-Nerd
08-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
yea, u asked for opinons and u got it. if u didnt want negative opinions then make the poll choices:

I like it!
I like it!
I like it!
I like it!

mmmm sexy 68 challenger..

http://www.werren.com/resto/05.jpg

I hate to be a bitch, but there is no such thing as a 68 challenger. first year was 70 :tongue:

Mike09
08-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Initial-D-Nerd

I hate to be a bitch, but there is no such thing as a 68 challenger. first year was 70 :tongue:

Hollywood
08-17-2003, 10:25 PM
I dont mind domestics, but fieros's are shit!

rx7_turbo2
08-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
I dont mind domestics, but fieros's are shit!

I could not agree more.

Something's just not right about them. Their that kid in highschool that followed the the "cool" kids around and thought they were popular. It's trying way to hard to be a sports car, but it's not fooling anyone.

Spenser
08-17-2003, 11:18 PM
shit man, now you bashin fieros, thats not cool, you know they were the first mid engine american production car? and plus, whats cooler then to be able to remove your whole body off the frame with ease? I never been in one and i dont know anything more about them then that you can get kits to turn em' into lambo's and they have four bangers that have problems stayin' bolted down. But then again, Any car made in the 80's sucks royal ass!!!!

jdmakkord
08-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Spenser
shit man, now you bashin fieros, thats not cool, you know they were the first mid engine american production car? and plus, whats cooler then to be able to remove your whole body off the frame with ease? I never been in one and i dont know anything more about them then that you can get kits to turn em' into lambo's and they have four bangers that have problems stayin' bolted down. But then again, Any car made in the 80's sucks royal ass!!!!

Wouldn't the corvair qualify as the first?

Luke 96 T/A
08-17-2003, 11:27 PM
Bah, all cars have engines and wheels....
a car is a car..
some are more powerful, some are better built...
some imports suck - hyundai, kia, lada, etc...
some domestics models suck....
Import is a pretty large generalization (15 manufacturers???), where as there are 3 domestic manufacturers..
It's pretty damn stupid to call a car an import... especially when most VW come from Mexico, most Honda come from the US, and some GM come from Canada..

JustinL
08-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Spenser
But then again, Any car made in the 80's sucks royal ass!!!!

Man, Why did you have to go and say that? :thumbsdow

Redlyne_mr2
08-18-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by JustinL

Man, Why did you have to go and say that? :thumbsdow
:werd: Uniformed kiddies

THREE40SEVEN
08-18-2003, 09:04 AM
Ahhh, suck it up.:rolleyes:

rage2
08-18-2003, 09:50 AM
We all know this isn't going nowhere.