PDA

View Full Version : August Vacation?

CK4500
04-26-2008, 11:48 AM
I had a week planned out in August in Ontario, but it fell through.

I am now stuck with a weeks worth of vacation time (first full week of August) and nothing to do.

Where is a good place to visit in the summer? I have the mexico itch again, but I don't know what it would be like that time of year?

Any suggestions!?

dino_martini
04-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Where would you go in Mexico? August is in the midst of hurricane season, so if you went to Cancun or something like that you might have to cancel or you might get caught in a hurricane. Just something to think about. :dunno:

dannie
04-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Why don't you do a trip to California? Enjoy the heat, surf, go to some awesome restaurants and clubs. That would be cheap and it would let you get some heat and sun if you are in the mood for it.

How much do you want to spend??

Kirbs17
04-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by CK4500
I I have the mexico itch again, but I don't know what it would be like that time of year?

Any suggestions!?

My girlfriend and I went to Puerto Vallarta last August (1st-8th). Temperatures never dropped below 33 during the day, no colder than 26 during the night. Late afternoons a storm would roll in (this happened all 7 days) and insane amounts of rain would hit. It would be cleared up by 8-9 at night, then be nice when you were going out. Overall it was a great time to go: dirt cheap and not-bad weather. I'd recommend it.

rinny
04-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Whats the point of going to Mexico in August?

You can have just as nice weather and just as nice beaches headin west to the island for all the same price. If you like adventure, there is plenty there. A road trip with the old lady to the island would be far better IMO than a whoopty-doo all-inclusive.

CK4500
04-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Kirbs17

My girlfriend and I went to Puerto Vallarta last August (1st-8th). Temperatures never dropped below 33 during the day, no colder than 26 during the night. Late afternoons a storm would roll in (this happened all 7 days) and insane amounts of rain would hit. It would be cleared up by 8-9 at night, then be nice when you were going out. Overall it was a great time to go: dirt cheap and not-bad weather. I'd recommend it.

This sounds fun! My wife is into the all inclusive vacations, so I'll get her looking into something like this!

89coupe
04-28-2008, 04:21 PM
I always do Creston BC August long weekend.

CK4500
07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Kirbs17

Turns out it might be Puerto Vallarta FTW!

Or Cuba.