PDA

View Full Version : FORSALE 92 talon awd

dsm69
08-16-2003, 08:40 PM
STispnker:burnout:

STOCK :dunno:

TrevorK
08-17-2003, 01:31 AM
You've done all that and never raised the boost? Damn, you don't know what you're missing!

Might want to post a ballpark price on it.

dsm69
08-17-2003, 12:57 PM
im looking for 12k

dsm69
08-17-2003, 01:06 PM
email me for pics.

Dr. Lightspeed
08-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by dsm69
Ive never raised the boost because the fuel system is stock (except for a fuel pump rewire). All it needs is a larger pump and some sort of fuel controll and it will hit 12s no problem!

Hate to burst your bubble that car needs a few more things before it is hitting 12's. Bigger turbo, Injectors( you are gonna be to close to max af before cut, Fuel pump, Fuel control, Boost control, The ported o2 housing is suffucuent for stock turbo but will most likely induce creep with a larger turbo, The CForce will probally blow up long before you hit 12's or very shortly there after. In all fairness tho you got a lot of good work and are on the way. 12's is freakin fast for a street car attainable but does cost to get there. I would say this car needs at least another $3500 before it hits the 12's

ecstasy_civic
08-17-2003, 03:33 PM
do you have time slips????

and what HP at what PSI??

dsm69
08-17-2003, 04:16 PM
yup, never put it on the dyno.

ecstasy_civic
08-17-2003, 04:34 PM
so what was your mph and 1/4 time?

Dr. Lightspeed
08-17-2003, 05:22 PM
13.894 95.51mph 1.856 60ft 1/8 8.870 76.39mph

I'm doin the math and those numbers could not possibly happen at 10psi on a 14b. Even if the engine was functioning at 100% VE. So something here is a little funny. Maybe you can explain it to me. Especially at 3500 feet. :werd: I'm confused.:guns:

Dr. Lightspeed
08-17-2003, 10:16 PM
my guess is it spiked to 12-13psi during that run. you want to come over and ill stick the time slip in your face??????

Never said ya didn't do it. I said ya didn't do it at 10psi and I can do the math on the efficiency of your combo and turbo and you didn't do it at 13 psi either at 3500 feet. So I called you on the condition of your car. I also called you on the fact that fuel control would see you in the 12's. Not with that turbo at 3500 feet.

$3500

60-1 sized turbo 1500~ish
40mm external 400~ish
standalone 1200~ish
pump&afpr w/ 6-an lines 350~ish

I can hit high 10's at sea level w/ those mods and race gas at 20-24psi, if my bottom end holds up

Your bottom end will be at self destruct mode at 500 plus which is where you gonna have to be at. The second thing is these engines require lots of boost to make horsepower they don't do well in the lower boost area. So that 60-1 would not be the right turbo for this app. The 60-1 at 18 psi is hittin 65 percetn eff and getting real close to the surge. Not the right turbo. Not saying this turbo won't do it but will be annoying on the street as well as seeing quite an increase in air temperature( I know you have a fmic). This is gonna cause the tolerance line of detonation to be real close. These are rules of adiabatic compression that show the limitations of a compressors design.

My beef is not what a dsm can do but at the current performance level of yours. Telling some stupid kid your car can be in the 12's with minor fuel control is just wrong and I called you on it. Your price list is a little off also you still forgot injectors. I call a spade a spade and by the mods you have I know what can and can't be done. Also telling people it has never been above 10 psi then telling me now you think it was at 12-13 is also wrong thas all. It is called integrity. By the way sticking a high 13 second time slip in my face would prove nothing.

Dr. Lightspeed
08-18-2003, 08:05 PM
NEVER doubted it did 13's that is not hard to do. It is the BS about it never being above 10 psi that is total crap. And the bs that fuel control will put it in the 12's at 3500 feet. That is the problem. I hate it when people lie about what they did and did not do with a car. If he had not said it was never above 10 psi this would never have started.

Dr. Lightspeed
08-19-2003, 12:29 AM
I guess i will never sell the car on here because it does not have bright lights, big stickers or an aluminum wing. hey dr. fuck face lets say i keep the car and put some fuel controll and hit 12's

I called you on it. You are a liar you misrepresented your car and how you drove it. You R FULL IF IT YOU GOT CAUGHT AND NOW ARE PISSED. OH WELL. Next time be HONEST when selling your car.
"the car is well taken care of and the boost is at the stock(10psi)and has never been raised! "
why mispresent your car tell everybody what it did at what PSI.
It could be the cleanest and nicest car on the block but you are
a LIAR and the worst thing is you got caught. You would be best to just disappear cause everyone now knows you are a LIAR and can not be trusted about anything. TELL me this why did you try and tell everyone here you never raised the boost. We all raise the boost its part of the game. SO why be LIE about it. Just tell everyone the truth. YOU GOT CAUGHT COME CLEAN and try and regain some honor.l

Dr. Lightspeed
08-19-2003, 02:07 PM
Oh we got the whole DSM owners group comin on now. I love DSM's think they rock hard. The problem is not with the car it is with the BS that was being used to sell it. Why are all you guys defending somebody who LIES to sell his car. Do you think it is cool when a LIAR sucks some unknowing guy into buying a car that is not as it is represented "never been above 10 PSI". For some reason selling a car you are allowed to LIE. Selling a business you declare everything or get charged with FRAUD and go to jail. Same thing different consequences. SO I GUESS it is cool to be a LIAR if you own a DSM or just tell me why all the DSM guys are defending this LIAR.

Seeing how the whole DSM board is here look at the compressor maps you can not go 13.894 with even 13 pounds of boost on a 14B at 3500 feet. He said 10 PSI might have spiked to 12-13. Yes the car can run a 13.894 just not at 10PSI stock boost as claimed. YOUR DSM buddy is full of it.

BigMass
08-19-2003, 02:12 PM
He probably ment that he doesnt daily drive the car with high boost. Some people set their MBC on 18psi and leave it there until the turbo goes. He just probably didnt want people to think that he bagged on the car. Raising it once or twice just for a 15 second run is not the same as running high boost all the time. Was he wrong? yes. Was it worth nitpicking over? probably not.

ecstasy_civic
08-19-2003, 05:54 PM
. DID i say its never been above 10psi????

the car is well taken care of and the boost is at the stock(10psi)and has never been raised!

sounds like you did:thumbsup:

Dr. Lightspeed
08-19-2003, 06:07 PM
, if i ever see you i would love to smack you.
your probly jerking off to the excitment of catching a liar? well then jack away!

If you think you are up for it come on up. Nope not jerkin laughin. Laughin so hard I am probally gonna piss my pants. Laughin at a little punk that though he could bs his way around. You owned yourself fool. If all I ever ran was 13.89 I would probally shoot myself.

dsm69
08-19-2003, 08:13 PM
I thought 13.8 was good for only 10psi hu?
i spank sti's!!!!

Dr. Lightspeed
08-19-2003, 08:35 PM
The only smakin that should be done is your daddy should put you over his knee and discipline you. If you too old for that he should have done it a little more often when you were younger maybe you wouldn't be such a punk.

Hmm as for a time for me lets go between 3:30 -3:40 pm Wed. In the parking lot across from this little restraunt in Red Deer called Mazinis. Been a while since this old man mixed it up but ok.

BigMass
08-19-2003, 08:38 PM
lol all this on a marketplace thread. What drama

Dr. Lightspeed
08-19-2003, 08:46 PM
lol

Akagi Redsuns
08-19-2003, 09:30 PM
A lot of drama, but worth it. I'm glad Dr.Lightspeed called on this guy's BS on modding before some unsuspecting person believed his talk and bought the car with dreams of reaching 12s easily and reliably with minimal work to said car. aka, just adding a fuel pump.

Edit: for clarity

ecstasy_civic
08-19-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
A lot of drama, but worth it. I'm glad Dr.Lightspeed called on this guy's BS on modding before some unsuspecting person believed his talk and bought the car with dreams of reaching 12s easily and reliably.

ya me too, it is hard to reach 12's, some people think its easier than others.

that turbo would have to be at full efficiency at 16-18psi to hit 12's and thats with lots of fuel and the timing coming up.

If your gonna lie about your car, dont lie to a guy who has built one from top to bottom and then again.

my.02

4G63Power
08-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Wanna run 12's (actually high 11's) in a DSM...here

http://www.nacdsm.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=694

Done and Done :bigpimp:

ecstasy_civic
08-19-2003, 10:08 PM
oh ya i forgot he was selling his car

Dr. Lightspeed
08-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Yea I believe that was Ron's old turbo wasn't it.

4G63Power
08-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Lightspeed
Yea I believe that was Ron's old turbo wasn't it.

I'm not totally sure :confused:

googe
10-22-2003, 03:21 AM
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I just had to dig this out. This is the car you beat the STi with?

1) Nice mod list. Guess you were lying when you said you were close to stock. Looks like its not the first time you have been caught BSing about your car.

2) 13.894 @ 95.51mph? Still not faster than an STi man.

Isonex
10-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by googe
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I just had to dig this out. This is the car you beat the STi with?

1) Nice mod list. Guess you were lying when you said you were close to stock. Looks like its not the first time you have been caught BSing about your car.

2) 13.894 @ 95.51mph? Still not faster than an STi man.

You grumpy roach:poosie: Still upset that talon owned that sti? trying to find ways to boost your ego? and fyi your Sti wont break 14's in calgary you poser:nut:

SoSlowDx
10-30-2003, 09:53 PM
talon beat sti = BS dsm69 = BS