PDA

View Full Version : using Mac pro as Router

black_radiation
04-27-2008, 03:46 PM
So heres my problem,

I have an HP media Center M7750n and a Mac pro (this years model) with 2 ethernet ports on it. I've had the HP ethernet plugged into port 2 on the mac and port 1 of the mac plugged into my shaw modem, the other day I decided to DL some song on my xbox360 for GH3 and after disconnecting my mac from the shaw modem, my HP computer now can't connect to my mac for some fuckin strange ass reason, says there is limited or no connectivity, it detects my mac as an "unidentified network" and gives me this image

Media Center PC ------- Unid'd Network -----X------Internet

so for some reason my mac is also saying "

Connected

Built-in Ethernet 2 has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect

to clarify my MAC has internet just find, its my media center pc that cannot get the net through my mac.

This setup has worked for months and now all of a sudden it stopped working... if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks.

S3rious~
04-27-2008, 04:23 PM
maybe resestting your shaw modem with both comps plug

black_radiation
04-27-2008, 07:33 PM
yeah I tried that, this is really starting to grind my gears!

I think I have to assign my Ip's on the one computer and match them on the other but im not quite sure as to what I should do. IPv6 and IPv4 not like good ol windows xp lol p.s. Im running Vista on the other computer...

black_radiation
04-27-2008, 10:17 PM
figured it out, I had to manually entery my DHCP, IPV4 and my DNS and I got it to work.. w00t