PDA

View Full Version : Olympia Trust

l/l/rX
04-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Has anyone ever worked with this company? What kind of opportunities are there? Can you go far? Will it be good experience?
From what I see on the website, they do Private Health Service Plans, Corporate and Shareholder Services, Self-Administered Registered Plans, and Foreign Exchange services.

I have a interview tomorrow for something in the Self-Administered Registered Plans area.

I've read the website, all 4 areas they cover, but it really doesn't give me much insight as to what my job could potentially be like.

help please!

drtoohotty1
04-27-2008, 09:10 PM
The Self-Administered Registered Plans is a decent division to be in. Under any circumstance DO NOT let them move you into the Corporate and Shareholder Services division. There is a girl (Rachel) who is Manager of one of the divisions (being daddy's little girl got her there, daddy is manager of the whole corporate and shareholders division) who is the Devil :devil: (no lie). Depending on which division they put you in there is not a lot of opportunity to move. If you have a problem with the way something is being handled it is really hard to get your message through as the higher ups are either related or really close friends, and it seems that the president of the company never gets the 'real' message, only what they think he would like to hear. You'll notice the turnover rate is really high in some of the divisions (mostly corporate and shareholder services).
Depending on your attitude, and if they decide whether they like you or not, you may have the chance to succeed. (Slim, but I’ve seen it happen)
I WOULDN'T WISH WORKING THERE UPON ANYONE, but that’s just my personal opinion. The only benefit I found was it looks good on your resume... other that that I would keep looking.

l/l/rX
04-27-2008, 09:29 PM
But could this be good experience for just 1 year? Or would you still suggest me to find work else where for just a year?

drtoohotty1
04-27-2008, 09:47 PM
it was my girlfriend working there and who wrote that shes a little bitter about that place, from what i saw as long as you liked your job you should be ok they have some good benifits and perks the christmas party is awesome so i figure give it a shot if you like it stay if not say fuck it and get out