PDA

View Full Version : New Berliner

boredengineer
04-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Anyone know if this place is still open and if the food is pretty decent? Or alternatively does anyone know of any other German restaurants? (Other than the GCCC and Edleweiss(However you spell it...)).

hampstor
04-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Went to Heidelberg Haus Restaurant (near NE hooters) once for desert...

My apple strudel was frezer burned and nuked, place was fairly empty as well so that doesn't speak well for the food.

I have no idea about the food normally - after that visit I decided never to go back there.

It's not in Calgary, but in Edmonton Burt & Ernie's is an amazing German restaurant.

USED1
04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
The Heidelberg Haus Restaurant is terrible. As far as I know the New Berliner has closed. The only German restaurant that has decent food is the Bavarian Inn in Bragg Creek.

dannie
04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
The Bavarian Inn in Bragg Creek. Depending on what area of the city you are in, it isn't a super long drive

G-RS4
04-29-2008, 10:17 AM
You could always go to the Austrian club. Pretty much the same type of food. Its pretty good.

gonefishing
04-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by hampstor

It's not in Calgary, but in Edmonton Burt & Ernie's is an amazing German restaurant. [/B]

i worked here when i was a kid as the crepe/pancake/waffle guy on Sat and Sun morning breakfastes. the stuffed pork chop and snitzel are the shit :drool: and its Barb and Ernies not Burt and Ernie's they're on Sesame street :poosie:

Mckenzie
04-29-2008, 11:40 AM
I loved the new Berliner. I think I had a thread on here about it too. I hope it has not closed as the food was very good and the service was superb by the old german guy. although in all honesty it would not surprise me if it closed as it was the oddest location for a restaurant. :(

dino_martini
04-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Bavarian Inn is great.

Mckenzie
04-29-2008, 01:00 PM
I will have to try that Bavarian Inn...I've heard great things about it.