PDA

View Full Version : Commute from Cochrane to Calgary

renegade13
04-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Hello,

Does anyone here commute from Cochrane to downtown Calgary during the week on a bike or in a cage? If so, what route do you take and how long is your commute? My wife and I are considering moving to Cochrane but we'd really like to know how long it will take to get into work on a daily basis.

Thanks.

teggypimp95
04-28-2008, 10:29 AM
My aunt lives in cochrane. I think like on a work day morning it takes her about 45 min to get to down town? Pretty much the same it takes me from Evanston in the nw. She just heads stright in on crowchild.

dezinr
04-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I have a firend who says it takes him about 30-45 minutes from cochrane to city hall. I would head down crowchild then cross till 24th avenue lights take a left and head to 19th street. go all the way to kensington road and the take 14th street to the 9th avenue or 12th avenue either one is not bad.

It takes me about 10 minutes max to go from the universtiy to the beltline heading this way.

YamaLube
04-28-2008, 10:52 AM
About 30-35 minutes on my yamaha, that's to downtown, but also at about 6am........ Crowchild to 9th ave to downtown....

edit, when not on the bike I hit brentwood train station, about 20-25 minutes to there, 16-18 ish minutes to downtown on the train.....

drtoohotty1
04-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Ya i do it on the daily but only to the university area and its 27 minutes, it all depends on what time you leave, if you leave Cochrane after 7 then its going to be a pain in the ass the lights at Stoney are a bitch most days then its smooth sailing till about 32nd and the back up all the way downtown so if you want to leave early enough I would say giver but after 7 I would say take the train from Dalhousie and let someone else drive, on a side note living in Cochrane is awesome I don’t think I will ever move back just far enough out of the city to have peace but close enough to go into without making a big journey +1 for leaving doors unlocked!