PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Cellphone $~100 that works on the bell network

Atriux
04-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Finally decided to get a phone, shoot me some offers on what you have.

Thanks,

Atriux

Maddog55
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
You have a plan already?

Atriux
05-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Nah gonna get that settled with my family afterwards, currently just looking for the phone. (if it already comes with a plan post it up and I'll check it out)

Thanks,

Atriux

Maddog55
05-01-2008, 08:23 PM
I must be missing something here. If you don't have a plan...then just go to any provider and get a phone for free. Why look to pay for a used phone and then get a plan afterwards???

:dunno:

examples of the phones you can get for free:

Bell free phones (http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpWls_PrdClpListView.page?currentPageIndex=0&contractId=term36m&sortBy=lowest&FILTER_BRAND=All&wlcs_catalog_category_id=&filter.x=25&filter.y=6)

A 3 yr plan will get you a free Blackberry 7130...Motorola Q ..HTC5800..LG Chocolate etc. A Palm Treo for $24...

Other providers will have other phones for free.

4doorj
05-01-2008, 08:50 PM
i have a bell u740 double flip for sale if your intersted

Maddog55
05-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
i have a bell u740 double flip for sale if your intersted

Umm...again...unless you're willing to sell it to him for less than $24...what is the point? When he can get a brand spankin new u740 double flip for $24.95

Samsung u740 (http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_AB/66064.details?contractId=term36m)

4doorj
05-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Maddog55

Umm...again...unless you're willing to sell it to him for less than $24...what is the point? When he can get a brand spankin new u740 double flip for $24.95

Samsung u740 (http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_AB/66064.details?contractId=term36m)
Because $24.99 is on a 3 year plan thats the point
Buying out the phone is over 300 dollars, that is also the point
So all the phones that people got for free because of a three year contract should just give their phone away for free? even though buyout is well over $250?
black berry pearls should be sold for $50 because of 3 year price?

Maddog55
05-03-2008, 07:05 PM

Because $24.99 is on a 3 year plan thats the point
Buying out the phone is over 300 dollars, that is also the point
So all the phones that people got for free because of a three year contract should just give their phone away for free? even though buyout is well over $250?
black berry pearls should be sold for $50 because of 3 year price?

it's not 24.95 per month! It's a one time price. That's it. You pay 24.95 and then get whatever plan you want.

If you already have a plan, THATS when it pays to look for a used phone. But if he needs to buy a plan..then he can get either a free phone or one like your's for $25!!

wow.

4doorj
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I think you got me mistaken. I do know its a one time $24.99. I dont think the original poster doesnt want to sign a contract, so he needs to buy out a phone. So no $24.99 for him if he buys it from bell.

Jfro962
05-03-2008, 09:08 PM
what if he does nbot want the pone for three years!

thats stupid logic man cause maybe he just wants to go prepaid or month to month

with you logice thats like telling someone they cant sell the Dell 1525 laptop for $300 cause telus is giving them away with a three year internet contract so they should guive there dell 1525 away!

Maddog55
05-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I think you got me mistaken. I do know its a one time $24.99. I dont think the original poster doesnt want to sign a contract, so he needs to buy out a phone. So no $24.99 for him if he buys it from bell.

yeah...you're right there. Agreed. if he doesn't want a contract..then better to buy one privately.
That's why I asked if he wanted one or not. And Since he'll eventually be getting one, then might as well take advantage of their offer. And believe me...once you get one...you'll never go back without one. it sucks you into the "necessary evil" syndrome.....can't do without it but hate the fricken bills they generate!! :banghead:

Maddog55
05-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Jfro962
what if he does nbot want the pone for three years!

thats stupid logic man cause maybe he just wants to go prepaid or month to month

with you logice thats like telling someone they cant sell the Dell 1525 laptop for $300 cause telus is giving them away with a three year internet contract so they should guive there dell 1525 away!

Holy fuck man...nice try, but your analogy doesn't even come close to what my argument was...thanks for trying though, Sherlock.

I'll try and explain it slowly to you...*sign language*:

In your example: IF a person was ALSO looking to get a 3 yr internet contract then why would he go and BUY a second hand Dell laptop, when he could just take advantage of the Telus promotion...a free one!!

I wasn't suggesting that 4doorj sell his phone for that promotional price. I was saying, there's no advantage for Atriux to buy a used phone when he can get the promotional price when he gets his contract....Understand???

whew :rolleyes:

Sorry Atriux..totally derailed your thread. I was only throwing out a suggestion to save you some money, bro..

Good luck in your find.

JordanLotoski
05-03-2008, 11:07 PM
i have the double flip he can buy for 100.00 with a car charger

Jfro962
05-03-2008, 11:15 PM
He did not state he wanted a 3yr paln tho he may just want prepaid which he would have to buy the phone out right for so he maybe trying to save a few bucks here i.e the double flip above for $100 which is a steal comaprd to the $279.99 it is @ bell

I'm with bell and love there service but can say i will never do a 3yr again cause if theres some month i can't afford it due to some other bill in the way and i have to put the cell bill on hold my service get suspenden and i still pay for the month its suspended as opsded to month to month if i don't need the service for one month i dont have to pay but w/e

if he wants a used one why not and to get the bb pearl you need to sign a data plan and maybe he just wants a bb for the media perpous and no data perpous so he would be better off getting a used one for $100 as oposed to a 3yr with data plan for $49.99

So before you stop people from offering what they have and telling him to do a 3 year find out his needs

maybe your right a 3yr may suite his needs better but hell you riped on that guy trying to offer his double flip !

autumnrain
05-05-2008, 10:36 AM
palm treo 650 mint condition comes wtih box.
$100

snerl
05-11-2008, 04:12 PM
i have a friend who will give you her a-900 for insanely cheap with like a year left on her contract, after that you pay month to month i dont want to speak on her behalf but she might be willing to just give you the entire thing if you take the plan.

basically you get a phone for 0.00, a contract with less time on it so you can recoup with a new phone sooner.

pm me if you want.

http://www.idioteck.com/a900.jpg