PDA

View Full Version : no weight change?

5pointohh
04-28-2008, 06:37 PM
so ive been going to the gym steadily about 3 times a week for the past year and a half, i first weighed 160 and then quickly lost about 10 pounds in the first month ish.

Since then i have noticed a big gain in muscle and even recently have gained some fat around my hips/thighs/lower back (even got some stretch marks) I dont know why all of a sudden i have gained this fat since nothing in my routine and diet has changed. Anyways, even with gaining the muscle and fat, I havent gained any weight back at all. ive sat at about 152 pounds for the last year.

can someone explain how i can gain muscle and fat, and not gain any weight?

Thanks,

kertejud2
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Maybe your scale is broken.

rc2002
04-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Water weight? Osteoporosis?

JWL
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
What's your diet like?

TurboD
04-28-2008, 07:49 PM
im kinda having similar situations.

started at 145 and the most i ever got up to was 155 even with lots of added muscle.

but i guess you just gotta eat like crazy.

1-Bar
04-28-2008, 08:34 PM
you're losing muscle mass and gaining it back in fat.....there's your explanation. When is the last time you changed your program?

5pointohh
04-28-2008, 08:35 PM
diet is high in protein and calories, like 3-4 good meals a deal, i drink protein shakes post workout etc,

its not water wieght or the scale cause it doesnt matter when i weight myself or what scale i use.

if i was losing muscle and gaining it back in fat, wouldnt i be going down hill as far as reps, sets, wieght at the gym instead of going upwards like i have been for the past year? i dunno. i figured i was still gaining muscle based on the weights/mirror haha

JWL
04-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Do you know how much calories you're eating? What do your meals consist of (type of meats, carbs)? Are you doing any cardio?

kerry
04-28-2008, 09:26 PM
I think your best bet is to post what you eat, and your workout routine/days.

This'll help us in helping you dude. But it could be a number of things. Food, routine, lack of cardio, lack of proper calories etc.

94boosted
05-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
you're losing muscle mass and gaining it back in fat.....there's your explanation. When is the last time you changed your program?

1-Bar is right changing your program often is crucial. I change mine every 4-6 weeks. Also its Protein, Calories and Carbs, when I was bulking this winter I was eating about 4000+ calories a day and about 225-250grams of protein. I gained about 28lbs of muscle and some fat too lol. :thumbsup:

I know guys eating up to 5000 calories a day and about 400g of protein.

Maddog55
05-04-2008, 08:55 AM
its you're diet. changing your routine will help you pass those plateaus...but if you're not eating enough...that won't help you gain the weight.

If you're the body type that has a high metabolism to begin with..then your calorie intake has to be higher than normal.

I started working out at 155 lbs. Went up to 175 within about 9 months but then I couldn't get over that. So I got serious with my diet. I was up to 6 meals a day and over 6500 calories. 24 egg whites a day, LOTS of protein and didn't eat any junk food (double whopper with cheese, 900+ calories...but NOooo good lol)

Yes there were times when I had to literally cram down the the food. You just have to be diligent.

Good luck.

civic_rida
05-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Once you get into the higher number its hard to gain weight and size.
Your bodies genetics can only take you so far naturally.