PDA

View Full Version : ANyone recommend a Canadian Auto Broker?

loafer87gt
04-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I am looking to import a 20th AE GTI from the states and am looking for reputable broker to help with bringing it across the border. I have most of the paper work already completed, however the shipping company I am using (Hansen's) requires a bonded broker to sign for the car upon its arrival. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
J.

Edit: Shoot - looks like I posted in this in the wrong forum. My bad. Any chance one of the mods can move this post?

VWbloke
04-29-2008, 01:11 AM
There are other shipping companies who will handle all of the importation details for you. Of course you have to pay extra for the service, but it can't be more than if you were to retain the services of a broker.

Might be worth looking into.

Weapon_R
04-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Ask them if you can self-broker it. It's very simple to do; they hold it at their warehouse until you pay the fees at Canada Customs office in your area and then the warehouse will release it upon proof of payment.

loafer87gt
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Hye guys - thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that I am in Saskatchewan and for some reason us and Manitoba are the only two provinces that require a third party broker for importation of a vehicle. Not too sure why, but this is what I have been told by a couple of different shippingcompanies.