08-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Hook it up!

Thanks!

buh_buh
08-17-2003, 03:20 PM
check ebay man!

CRXguy
08-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Been doing so the last couple weeks..... none of them wants to ship to Canada. :(

kenny
08-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Are you contacting the sellers? most of them that list "ships to US only" will actually ship to Canada.

roopi
08-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Since you've waited this long for one I'll give you a word of advice! Hold off about a week or two before you buy one.

Rogers has released the V60i (GSM). It's not on their website yet but some of the stores are already selling it out east. Not sure about Alberta yet. So I figure the price should drop a bit. If it doesn't at least it will be easier to get!

You should have told me last week. I know a guy in Edmonton who had a brand new cingular unlocked one for $310.00 CAD. I don't think you would have found it cheaper than that. I actually bought my GF's from him.

Anyways if you want one from him I'll see if he can get another. Just let me know. If not as soon as I can get my hands on a few Rogers ones I'll let you know.

CRXguy
08-17-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Are you contacting the sellers? most of them that list "ships to US only" will actually ship to Canada.

I emailed about 5 different "vendors" and they refused to ship outside of the U.S. :(

Originally posted by roopi
Since you've waited this long for one I'll give you a word of advice! Hold off about a week or two before you buy one.

Rogers has released the V60i (GSM). It's not on their website yet but some of the stores are already selling it out east. Not sure about Alberta yet. So I figure the price should drop a bit. If it doesn't at least it will be easier to get!

You should have told me last week. I know a guy in Edmonton who had a brand new cingular unlocked one for $310.00 CAD. I don't think you would have found it cheaper than that. I actually bought my GF's from him.

Anyways if you want one from him I'll see if he can get another. Just let me know. If not as soon as I can get my hands on a few Rogers ones I'll let you know.

Roopi,

Keep me posted!

Thanks.

celica girl
08-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Send Billy an email [email protected]
tell him Jackie sent you... he can probably get you one and he's from Edmonton.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
08-18-2003, 02:43 PM
I have 2 V60i's from rogers (GSM) just got them in this morning
Buy out price is 529.99 + GST
You would have to take it somewhere get it unlocked

Akagi Redsuns
08-18-2003, 03:40 PM
Wow, $529? What makes it better than the regular V60g? Aside from the removable covers?

roopi
08-18-2003, 03:44 PM
The difference between a V60i and V60 is that the i supports Java and you can change the faceplates.

The buy out price of $529 is a Rogers buy out price. It's a rip since the phone is still locked and even if it was unlocked it's still a rip. No offence to RX-7_TWINTURBO.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
08-18-2003, 04:14 PM
i work for a retailer and 529.00 is the store price and i cant move on that price
to unlock the phone would probably cost you $25-$75
price on the phone on a 2 year term on a plan that is $40+/ month is only 179.99 + GST

buh_buh
08-18-2003, 11:57 PM
damn you gotta be kidding me. I paid a fraction of $529 (a small fraction at that)

Bowen
09-03-2003, 06:37 PM
u got pm

Bowen
09-04-2003, 12:57 AM
btw, to anyone who's reading this post and thinking about buying a v60i. I do have one for sale if the price is right ($290 OR BEST OFFER) the phone is mint,unlocked & gsm

BebeAphrodite
09-04-2003, 01:25 AM
hmm.. what do need an unlocked phone for?

roopi
09-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
hmm.. what do need an unlocked phone for?

So you can use it with any GSM provider you wish. You can use it with Fido or Rogers.

Also since this is a world phone and will operate on GSM networks throughout the world when you travel you can switch SIM cards so you have local numbers.

So if you went to say Japan you can buy a Japanese SIM card and have a Japanese number so you aren't paying crazy ass roaming charges.

HOK
09-04-2003, 03:21 AM
http://www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgc/CWS31_P800_cold_1502_0_1023.jpg Ownzzzzz jooo

roopi
09-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by HOK
http://www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgc/CWS31_P800_cold_1502_0_1023.jpg Ownzzzzz jooo

:rofl: maybe 6 months ago.

this phone ownz all

Samsung SCH-V310

http://www.3gnewsroom.com/3g_news/images/news_images/58.jpg

The SCH-V310 is capable of making 2-way video calls, supporting video on demand service or recording and storing video clips complete with sound. The main screen is a TFT-LCD that can reproduce 262,000 color shades, while a 256-color organic electro-luminescent display is placed on the outside.

The 300,000-pixel camera built into all these models features a 2-power zoom lens with nine settings. They can shoot and store up to 20 minutes of video clips with sound, and the video is played back on a high-quality TFT-LCD with a color gamut of 262,000. The user only has to press the shutter once to shoot clips at 11 frames a second.

And it's got one of those PDA O/S's as well like the P800.

szw
09-04-2003, 06:45 AM

So if you went to say Japan you can buy a Japanese SIM card and have a Japanese number so you aren't paying crazy ass roaming charges.

just curious...how does it work since they don't use GSM in japan?

oh and crxguy sorry, I coulda got you a cheap v60i if I only read this post about 5 hours earlier. :(

BebeAphrodite
09-04-2003, 11:07 AM

So you can use it with any GSM provider you wish. You can use it with Fido or Rogers.

Also since this is a world phone and will operate on GSM networks throughout the world when you travel you can switch SIM cards so you have local numbers.

I already knew that but I was wondering what crx wanted the unlocked phone for because most people are under the mistaken impression that you can take an unlocked phone to basically any network. But you can't... it can only be taken to another GSM network...

roopi
09-04-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by szw

just curious...how does it work since they don't use GSM in japan?

oh and crxguy sorry, I coulda got you a cheap v60i if I only read this post about 5 hours earlier. :(

LOL. I was just using an example. I didn't know that they didn't have GSM there. I guess I should have said Hong Kong because I know they use GSM for sure.

Basically any country that uses a GSM network that operates on 900, 1800, or 1900 band will do for the example.

HOK
09-05-2003, 02:51 AM

:rofl: maybe 6 months ago.

this phone ownz all

Samsung SCH-V310

The SCH-V310 is capable of making 2-way video calls, supporting video on demand service or recording and storing video clips complete with sound. The main screen is a TFT-LCD that can reproduce 262,000 color shades, while a 256-color organic electro-luminescent display is placed on the outside.

The 300,000-pixel camera built into all these models features a 2-power zoom lens with nine settings. They can shoot and store up to 20 minutes of video clips with sound, and the video is played back on a high-quality TFT-LCD with a color gamut of 262,000. The user only has to press the shutter once to shoot clips at 11 frames a second.

And it's got one of those PDA O/S's as well like the P800.

Where did you hear that it has PDA functions... its strictly a Camcorder phone... PDA has more then just a phone book... I can FTP my pictures that i took to anyone on internet with my P800...

P800=:bigpimp: hehehe

CRXguy
09-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
it can only be taken to another GSM network...

Wow... did you not read the thread title? :nut: :rolleyes: