PDA

View Full Version : fucking potholes from hell

G-ZUS
04-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Driving down 52nd Street NE, southbound by Village Square, theres a pothole in the left lane. Driving there in traffic I had no where to swerve and bent my rim :whipped: :guns: Has anyone had any luck getting the city to fix their bent rims from pot holes?

teggypimp95
04-29-2008, 03:40 PM
This happened to me 5 years ago. Bent 2 rims and blew one tire. City had no warning signs up so they payed for my rims and tires.

Who knows if your still able to get them to pay for it though.

rc2002
04-29-2008, 03:42 PM
City is cheap! They wouldn't pay for any damages to my car when I bottomed out on a pothole.

I called and complained about it. They fixed it the next day and then they told me that the pothole never existed.

Damn crooks.

3g4u
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
^ Damn thats messed, they actually covered it all up:eek: There are so many damn potholes all over the city.

88CRX
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Get pictures ASAP, then call them.

I love how the city cuts the road up and then ghetto backfills causing their "fix" to then sink.

Where do you complain to again? I have several on the route to and from work that are getting bigger by the day, ready to eat a bumper/lip/wheel.

LadyLuck
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
I always thought the potholes were terrible here until i drove to edmonton! :whipped:

hampstor
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
On that road to the brentwood station parking lot off charleswood drive, 2 weeks ago they decided they needed to do some work so they cut up part of the road. It was about a 2" drop into this hole that was about 3ft wide and took up half the road. They didn't put signs up or anything and people kept nailing it - no idea if anyone did any damage to their car.

Last week they came in and filled it up. After about 2 days of busses driving over it, it sure did tear all the asphalt out and now it's a giant crater again. :banghead:

adidas
04-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Who are you suppose to contact?

BlkMaxima
04-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Driving down 52nd Street NE, southbound by Village Square, theres a pothole in the left lane. Driving there in traffic I had no where to swerve and bent my rim :whipped: :guns: Has anyone had any luck getting the city to fix their bent rims from pot holes?

I hit the same one, I didn't see it either. I thought my engine fell out of the mounts. lol. No damage on my car though.

mugen6
04-29-2008, 04:05 PM
i already had a crack on my window, near bridalwood there was a huge one that i ran over, the crack went across the window.

ralliart_girl
04-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
City is cheap! They wouldn't pay for any damages to my car when I bottomed out on a pothole.

I called and complained about it. They fixed it the next day and then they told me that the pothole never existed.

Damn crooks.

bastards! :thumbsdow not cool....

laurier
04-29-2008, 04:09 PM
How do you just call the city? Is there a special number?

v2kai
04-29-2008, 04:25 PM
i hate that one, buddy of mine screwed his tire on it, i always forget and swerve like an asshole :whipped:

HybridTheory
04-29-2008, 04:44 PM
The City of Calgary Claims Division number is 403-268-5443
Their hours are from 8:00am to 4:30pm

But the city is cheap, good luck trying to get them to pay for anything. Like Richard said, they would probably get out there asap and just pretend the pothole didn't exist.

rc2002
04-29-2008, 05:00 PM
^ Yup. I'm not sure how many people they have in that department, but my case was assigned to a guy named Rod Jones.

He said there was no record of work done on that section of road (as if the freshly laid pavement wasn't proof enough). He also said there wasn't enough complaints logged for that section of road and that if I wanted any compensation I'd have to go to small claims court.

So the moral of the story is get all your friends and neightbors to complain about the same pot hole. Take lots of pictures/videos showing the exact location and size of the pot-hole and lack of warning signs. That way if it goes to small claims, you actually have a case. I made the mistake of not documenting the evidence so I had no case.

KRyn
04-29-2008, 05:07 PM
My mom was driving down 75th ave and accidentally drove over a piece of re-bar left their by a construction company, it ruined one of her tires. Initially my mom tried to go after the city of Calgary but because they hired a third party company to do the work she had to go after them. She paid out of her own pocket to get the tire fixed, not a big deal a few dollars. But it took 5-6 weeks to get any money from the company.

Getting anything from the city is nearly impossible.

G-ZUS
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
http://photos-204.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v232/214/14/552810204/n552810204_534255_3446.jpg
http://photos-204.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v232/214/14/552810204/n552810204_534249_1309.jpg
http://photos-204.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v232/214/14/552810204/n552810204_534250_1812.jpg

Dj_Stylz
04-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Potholes are everywhere and roads they just paved suck.

stellerGT
04-29-2008, 10:13 PM
dude! I drove by on the exact same road this afternoon, it wasnt busy so luckliy i had room to move out of the way. Good luck on getting some compensation.

420Ninja
04-29-2008, 10:20 PM
On a road leaving my house they cut a 2ft wide strip out of the entire road, then filled it, then it sank, filled it again, sank again, now its just been refilled, still a decent bump there but it doesnt feel like the sidewalls collapse when you go over it at least.

CelicaST-162
04-29-2008, 10:24 PM
How about on Macloed Tr trail and just north of Bonaventure Dr? That one goes from the far right lane across to the middle lane! I bent my rim on that one, I dont think there was any signs.

Rocky
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Princess*Precid
I always thought the potholes were terrible here until i drove to edmonton! :whipped:
+1 (living there now -- fucking landmines everywhere)

mjomaa
04-29-2008, 10:38 PM
this is a good one,i hit that one too,i broke the shock mount on the bmw,i though i broke the knuckle,but luckily i got it fixed right away and it wasnt too bad,but it sure is a bad one,its in the far left lane between 26 ave and rundlehorn drive

mjomaa
04-29-2008, 10:45 PM
anyone that hit this pothole or any pot hole can report it to the city of calgary at 311 free of charge

G-ZUS
04-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by mjomaa
this is a good one,i hit that one too,i broke the shock mount on the bmw,i though i broke the knuckle,but luckily i got it fixed right away and it wasnt too bad,but it sure is a bad one,its in the far left lane between 26 ave and rundlehorn drive

You told me about that. Can you call 311 and report it? I just filed a claim with them, supposed to hear back from the claims department tomorrow.

Donmega
04-29-2008, 10:57 PM
saddleridge circle is really bad at one point. Its like a friggin obstacle course!

96GrandAMGT
04-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

dude i work for the city and they wouldnt fix mine when i hit a pothole! suck it up and deal with it i had too :(

CRXguy
04-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Donmega
saddleridge circle is really bad at one point. Its like a friggin obstacle course!

it's a joke. they "fixed" it during the last snowstorm a couple weeks ago, and now it's back to shit again.

Sparx
04-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Right as you're ready to go back on to 52nd hey? A friend of mine wasnt paying attention bottomed out and toasted his intercooler piping. You better two step and bust the soulja boy to get around those damn holes

Numi
04-30-2008, 09:13 PM
in my alley shaw came and tore someones cable line up and left a big trench along the width of our alley so when i was driving my car around back to switch over tires, not knowing it was there my front end dropped in close to a foot fked up the lip kit and broke the corner light on my eg.
Called the city and was notified that shaw is responsible for the hole.

theken
04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
the problem is that they don't let the pavement cure properly, they decide, that as soon as it is paved it is good to go, let it sit for a week, then you wouldn't have shit like this happen.
soft pavement, get fucked rather easily when heavy traffic drives on it

94boosted
04-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I had the same thing happen on my Talon last year driving on Elbow Dr South in the right hand lane when I hit a massive pothole about 4-5" deep and bent the two rims on the right side of the car, called the City and the cock bags wouldn't pay. They then fixed the pothole 2 days later. :thumbsdow

G-ZUS
04-30-2008, 11:07 PM
I filed a claim with the city today, will let you guys know what happens.

Cooked Rice
04-30-2008, 11:43 PM

My god it's terrible. They built a bunch of the road on sand. And it's sinking all over the damn place. What's worse is the company fixing it right now doesn't know how to put up the signs and such. A few nights ago, a little before the shoppers drug mart, they had put up barricades like this:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3456/40384279wu9.jpg

And they were not lit, they had no signs to warn uncoming drivers what to expect. The street lights weren't working. They weren't even reflective, they were painted orange. I nearly ran into them, but someone else already plowed through the first couple which made it even harder to see them! I had to swerve out into the lane over.

prae
05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Numi
in my alley shaw came and tore someones cable line up and left a big trench along the width of our alley so when i was driving my car around back to switch over tires, not knowing it was there my front end dropped in close to a foot fked up the lip kit and broke the corner light on my eg.
Called the city and was notified that shaw is responsible for the hole.

Shaw did the same thing in my alley in the NW

Spoons
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Dude you think thats bad? Try hitting a pothole on a bike. I got thrown right over the handle bars. Got them to pay to repaint my fairings, new front wheel with rubber, and got a little bit of extra money so I wouldn't sue for damages on myself.

It was stupid, the pothole was right in the middle of the road, not a single sign. Like I mean potholes I can understand, but put fucking warnings up.

adidas
05-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Didnt know so many fellas lived up in Saddleridge/Taradale area. The Saddleridge circle is a bitch. I noticed that they tore up a good chunk of the first lane closest to safeway and then put up barricades, not even warning drivers what is going up ahead, i knew someone was gonna smash that sooner or later. Someone hit it pretty good cause one of the barricades is in pieces. 50ft ahead u see a huge pothole right when ur about to enter safeway. And i wont even speak about the other side of that circle where TD Canada Trust is located. I tried to avoid the circle as a whole, i usually turn on 80th street and start heading towards Metis Trail/36th st.

DC2
05-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Last night I INSTANTLY thought of this thread.

I nailed this cunt of a pothole on McKnight and 12th Street on the right west bound lane, its the one intersection with the Tim's/Wendy's, its right after you cross the intersection.
That fucking this is DEEP... like 6 inches deep. Motherfucker bent my rim on both sides in 2 different places

Eleanor
05-04-2008, 11:10 PM
There's two beauties by Northland near the cheesecake cafe, at least 4 maybe 5 inches deep. :whipped:

GOnSHO
05-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by DC2
Last night I INSTANTLY thought of this thread.

I nailed this cunt of a pothole on McKnight and 12th Street on the right west bound lane, its the one intersection with the Tim's/Wendy's, its right after you cross the intersection.
That fucking this is DEEP... like 6 inches deep. Motherfucker bent my rim on both sides in 2 different places

i hit that bitch on friday night!! HOLY FUCK I WAS PISSED!!

i gotta check my rims for dents DAILY thats how bad it is..

97'Scort
05-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah...I'm moving to Victoria in June and all the roads are bloody perfect.

Suckas :D

G-ZUS
05-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 94boosted
I had the same thing happen on my Talon last year driving on Elbow Dr South in the right hand lane when I hit a massive pothole about 4-5" deep and bent the two rims on the right side of the car, called the City and the cock bags wouldn't pay. They then fixed the pothole 2 days later. :thumbsdow

Fucking cockbags is right, I talked to some bitch in the claims department who ignored my phone messages AND emails for a month, until I called her yesterday. Because they had no mention of said pothole before me, they can't compensate me. Fuckers fixed the pothole next day. They can kiss my ass :thumbsdow