PDA

View Full Version : Door panel help..

ex1z7
04-30-2008, 04:08 AM
Well, my '90 Integra came to me with a butchered interior, white potato sack type material and white everywhere with really awesome red accents. That has now all been replaced..

I planned on ripping the shit off my door panels and praying the original fabric was still alright.. It wasn't, the potato sack ripped that off too - I was even thinking of rolling the green vinyl type backing, but that also went.. Soooo after an hour of sanding the foam off I had nothing but raw door panels.. Painted 'em black as a temp fix and have been rolling that since..

I picked up enough suede ish material - and some backing to suit/fill the panel out enough.. I have no idea on how to do it - but I'd like to suede the center of the door panel, as I can't find replacements in my town for the life of me.

Problem is, the raw.. fiberglass? around where my power window switches are is starting to rip - it's broken in a few places and pulls in when you close the door.. I'm wondering how do I re-enforce this backing? I'll take pics soon to upload for further help.. Would I be able to epoxy it or something? It's where the clips go that hold the handle for the door.. between the clips it's ripping and such.. Anyone have any idea's what materials I can use that would put some strength back into this? it doesn't have to be pretty, just work.. It'll be covered anyways.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3196/2422354886_846b6b8468_o.jpg

Figured I'd upload a shot of what it was like when I bought it, AFTER I fixed the center console / lower dash (that was white too)

Everything looks stock now.. :clap:

Any help would be greatly appreciated !