PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work for IMV Projects?

1BADSTI
04-30-2008, 05:08 AM
Hi all,

I just wondering if any brothers or sister in our forum is working for IMV projects? And how is the office enviroment there? How is the design team specially at process and drafting? How is doug who is the manager for process design team? Thank you for all your feed back

STi

Antonito
04-30-2008, 07:35 AM
I have no idea about Process, or who Doug is, but overall IMV is a pretty good place to work, pretty relaxed.

ckangarloo
05-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I second what Antonito has to say. My experience at IMV has been very positive but really it depends what project you are working on. With the projects I have been on, the process engineers are always the busiest (i.e. lots of opportunity to bank time).
Having my Friday afternoon's off is quite nice.

Neil4Speed
05-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I have three friends who work for IMV and all have mentioned very good things about working for them, Positive environment.

schocker
05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I had a friend who worked there and he had a good experience there and said it was quite a good company to work for. I am actually starting there on monday.

4wheeldrift
05-23-2008, 03:31 PM
I know a ton of guys who work for IMV (mostly civil/structural people) and I haven't heard a bad thing about them so far. They're a company I'd definitely consider working for if I decided to up and move.

schocker
05-23-2008, 05:15 PM
I have been there for a full three weeks now working in estimating, and it is quite a good company to work for. They are very friendly and have been very accommodating so far.

arian_ma
05-24-2008, 12:51 AM
IMV is an awesome place to work, I absolutely love it there. Really friendly environment and they are fairly slack about a lot of things that other companies seem to get their panties in a knot about. I've worked a total of about 5 months there and will recommend it.

ckangarloo
07-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Bump....

Just wanted to know what's new at IMV. Its been a year since I left.

Antonito
07-03-2009, 05:36 PM
I was talking to a friend that still works there, lots of people on reduced schedules or that got laid off outright.

Compared to some of the big companies though, it sounds like IMV is doing relatively well, and may come out ahead in the end.

I'm guessing IMV is pretty happy about keeping their overhead low even during the boom.

schocker
07-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I got laid off there in the fall but mind you I was a part timer as I was a student. Many people got moved around or layed off. I think they are doing alright now though form what I hear.