PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Soarer Owners

nissanK
04-30-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm looking into buying a Soarer for my next JDM. I've been doing some research and I know the basics, 1JZ engine, supra platform, same as SC300, C12B turbos blah, blah blah...... :rolleyes:

My question to Soarer owners is first impressions when you got the car? Common problems that buyers should look for? Is there anything that you love/hate about the soarer? I'm looking to have it as my daily driver for the next year and I'm just gathering info for the next little while.

P.S. I know about the search button! I just want personal experiences/opinions with the Soarer to back up my "tech" research.

Thanks.

XtraX
05-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Are you still looking for info?

wwww.soarercentral.com is a good place to start.

Steven.
05-26-2008, 06:20 PM
CT12A turbos in fact...;)

If you want SC/Soarer information:

www.soarercentral.com
www.intellexual.net
www.clublexus.com/forums (SC model)

Only things I do not like about mine:

-Small-ish trunk
-A little too much body-roll (can be fixed with coilovers, sways)
-Uses too much fuel for city driving. (I have the V8)

First impressions are subjective, but what I really liked is a tight, sporty chassis, with great styling and a beautifully done interior. Bought mine in February of 2007 and other then needing a new alternator the car has ran flawless. You should be very happy with a Soarer.

calgarys_finest
05-26-2008, 06:26 PM
digital dash goes often i heard.
i really like them. nice cars and fun.

Crow
05-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Fast and fun even if most r automatic, it shifts fast
it is heavy but the 1jz really makes up for it
the dash problem is called "blinky dash" i had to get mine fixed...not to bad if u know how to solder... and read the instructions

HondaRice
05-27-2008, 11:53 AM
i have one for sale. its probably the cleanest one you will find. factory pearl white. not a scratch or a ding.

common problems are really nothing. 1JZ came after 7m, which 7m was exteremly reliable and powerful, had headgasket issues, usually happened after using green antifreeze (just like camry headgasket problem) and you had to re-tighten the headgasket (easy job)

my buddy is dropping a 1jz in a supra. the supra has even heated seats!

iamkorean
06-27-2008, 06:12 PM
hey man i still got mine for sale
body kit on now looks slick

making room for my other 2 cars~
offers welcome

Annoyingrob
07-01-2008, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by nissanK
I'm looking into buying a Soarer for my next JDM. I've been doing some research and I know the basics, 1JZ engine, supra platform, same as SC300, C12B turbos blah, blah blah...... :rolleyes:

CT12A. CT12B were JZA80 2JZ turbos.

Or if you REALLY want to get picky, they're TECNICALLY CT12 turbos, but commonly referred to as CT12A turbos to differentiate them from 1G-GTE CT12 turbos. Supra 2JZ turbos were officially named CT12B, and IIRC, Aristo 2JZ turbos were a CT20 something

semograd
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
probably the godliest car you will drive for the price..
as quiet as my dad's 2004 maxima/friends 2003 jag s type
and for some reason I prefer auto over stick
problems: depends on who owned it if it has been raced in some sort of way, you will need turbo overhaul (common theme seems to be 95-110k).
Not bad on gas, just try not to go over 2.8 rpm