PDA

View Full Version : Sonic drivethru's

stvtec
04-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Anybody ever had? I keep seeing those commercials and they are making me damn hungry, if you have had what did you have and how was it? Will somebody please open one of these in Calgary!!!!!

Mr. Burns
04-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Sonic drive-thru is delicious.... oh man, so delicious.:drool:

Kritafo
04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
I love sonic...mmmm coney island dogs are good and the burger with chili...very yummy. I totally miss living so close to the states.

But you know...if they opened here they would screw it up, and not have half the items on the menu.

Geez...just like when they replaced Cinnabon with Cinzzeo...still breaks my heart.

Gorilla
04-30-2008, 08:12 PM
In out Burger is even better for Burgers
Sonic is good for Shakes

dj_rice
04-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Gorilla
In out Burger is even better for Burgers

Fuk yeah, In and Out FTW

Double double animal style :drool:

pf0sh0
04-30-2008, 08:22 PM
In n out is A+, we should have it in Calgary.

dj_rice
04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
In n out is A+, we should have it in Calgary.

Yeah, get rid of that Fatburger and let In n Out take its place

gpomp
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
sonic drive IN. they are all over the place down south

Godfuader
04-30-2008, 08:35 PM
In N Out & Checkers :drool:

Stephen81
04-30-2008, 09:43 PM
In n Out :drool:

First time I went to a Sonic I was blown away that everyone got their own menu board haha..love that place!

pf0sh0
04-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Yeah, get rid of that Fatburger and let In n Out take its place

I dunno, went to fatburger for the first time today, it was pretty fuggin' good. But then again it has been a long time since In n Out

ScottysZ
04-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Fuck you all. I need a good burger now... and calgary sucks.

Weapon_R
04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Sonic is OKAY. It's not nearly as good as everyone here is making it sound. They have great shakes and drinks, but their burgers are pretty boring.

JRSC00LUDE
04-30-2008, 10:25 PM

Fuk yeah, In and Out FTW

FatBurger is the best fucking hamburger in America.

98type_r
04-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Double Kingburger with a fried egg and some chili fries on the side. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
05-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Fatburger is just greaseball.

In N Out is where it's at. :thumbsup:

Kritafo
05-01-2008, 07:23 AM
you guys.... now I am needing a trip...just burgers. Actually we did this last summer all the way to Minneapolis for my son to have a White Castle burger, we ate at least one meal at day at some burger joint and spent our days walking off the burgers in local parks and malls.

I agree..I do enjoy in n out burgers.

Fatburger. ... I don't think so. But you realize that we glamorize these burgers when we can just run down the street and get one.

clockworkboy3
05-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Krystal Burger!!! OMG I miss mini burger packs :( I'd even take a white castle but Krystal is so much better!

Kritafo
05-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by clockworkboy3
Krystal Burger!!! OMG I miss mini burger packs :( I'd even take a white castle but Krystal is so much better!

did Krystals ever make it out of Ontario? I use to go to the one in London

sputnik
05-01-2008, 07:43 AM

FatBurger is boring, bland and expensive.

Its like they don't even bother with any form of seasoning.

BlkMaxima
05-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Anybody tried burger inn by the brick on Macleod. Kinda greasy though.

Poutine with bacon :drool:

bulaian
05-01-2008, 08:19 AM
ahhh I'm going to be going to NY next week... looking forward to Sonic's, White Castle and Popeye's :drool:

Pshrynk
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Sonic is disgusting. As are most of the American fast food restaurants. They seem to use much lower quality ingredients than canadian ones.

SJW
05-01-2008, 08:24 AM
SOnic is good.

Tommy burger is where its at.

Rav4Guy
05-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Sonic = Chili Hotdogs!

In N' Out is the best burger place I've had... ever! It's all fresh including the vegetables, it's not greasy and they have good fries.

For those of you that have been to Tommy Burger on Macleod, how is it? What kind of atmosphere? Sort of like Fat Burger?

analbumcover
05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
I would like to try checkers, sonics, white castle and krystals, too bad they are mostly down south, i prefer the west coast!

In other news Popeyes is AMAZING but expensive

analbumcover
05-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
Sonic = Chili Hotdogs!

In N' Out is the best burger place I've had... ever! It's all fresh including the vegetables, it's not greasy and they have good fries.

For those of you that have been to Tommy Burger on Macleod, how is it? What kind of atmosphere? Sort of like Fat Burger?

Tommy Burger is not fast food its an actual sit down restaurant, it was actually pretty ok, but i had to use a lot of their chipotle ketchup

clockworkboy3
05-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo

did Krystals ever make it out of Ontario? I use to go to the one in London

I didn't even know they had them in Canada...last time I ate there was in Atlanta

Kritafo
05-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by clockworkboy3

I didn't even know they had them in Canada...last time I ate there was in Atlanta

Yup they were in London, ON back in the 90's don't know if they are still there.

analbumcover
05-01-2008, 09:04 AM

Yup they were in London, ON back in the 90's don't know if they are still there.

No they are not still there

ekguy
05-01-2008, 11:02 AM
I hate you for mentioning Sonic drive thru. It's my favorite part of going to Vegas. Man now I want Sonic and know I can't get any...Fawk haha. I love the club sandwich there. Or the club something hehe. Oh well soon enough hehe.

GTS Jeff
05-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Pshrynk
Sonic is disgusting. As are most of the American fast food restaurants. They seem to use much lower quality ingredients than canadian ones. Yeah, Canadians are much better at making American food than Americans. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

signature7
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Fuddruckers is amazing too! Last time i checked the only one in Canada is in Saskatoon.

Heff
05-01-2008, 03:12 PM

You've never eaten a Heff-burger then.

sdiep
05-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Mos Burger PWNS all.

dj_rice
05-01-2008, 06:32 PM
The only burger place in Calgary I like is Boogies Burgers....

And Fatburger is overpriced like mad, just check out the Fatburger thread on here to see reviews...

Kritafo
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Boogies...really. greasy egg topped plain ol'burger?

I heard Angels in Bowness makes a good burger?

FreakinPrince
05-01-2008, 10:38 PM
IN AND OUT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pshrynk
05-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Yeah, Canadians are much better at making American food than Americans. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ummm yeah, Canadian quality is higher in lots of foods as we use better quality ingredients. The key word being quality. Ask anyone who's lived or travelled there and they'll agree.

I went to university in a few places in the US and was amazed at the lower quality in all types of restaurants.

JordanEG6
05-08-2008, 11:49 AM

Fuk yeah, In and Out FTW

Fuk yeah, sounds like how your mom likes it :thumbsup:

But for real, "In N' Out" is the shit. Too bad they don't have it up here.

ekguy
05-08-2008, 12:17 PM

Ummm yeah, Canadian quality is higher in lots of foods as we use better quality ingredients. The key word being quality. Ask anyone who's lived or travelled there and they'll agree.

I went to university in a few places in the US and was amazed at the lower quality in all types of restaurants.

I agree I couldn't even eat the McDonald's in Vegas and I was wasted drunk. It just didn't taste the same. Guess the states use different meal worms for their burger patties than up here haha :nut: :eek: :dunno:

dragonone
05-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by sdiep
Mos Burger PWNS all.

they have mos burger here?
fyi i'm talking about a jap chain

it was good, but i wouldn't even say that it really qualifies as a burger

riander
05-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Best burger i ever had in the states was at Johnny Rockets... fucking unreaL!

RX_EVOLV
05-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by dragonone

they have mos burger here?
fyi i'm talking about a jap chain

it was good, but i wouldn't even say that it really qualifies as a burger

:werd:

GTS Jeff
05-08-2008, 02:37 PM

I went to university in a few places in the US and was amazed at the lower quality in all types of restaurants. How exactly can you quantify a statement like that? Beef quality is determined by where you go. Obviously if you're in a shithole like McDicks or Sonic it's not going to taste good, but there is nothing like In n Out here. Can you name a Canadian fast food chain that cuts fries fresh from the potato? And for the other ingredients like lettuce and tomatoes, get a grip man, they're all imported from California, no matter where on the continent you live. :rofl:

And yeah btw I've lived in and travelled around the US quite a bit. Americans can make American food better. :rolleyes:

kertejud2
05-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah, an In and Out would be great. Nothing beats a bunch of university students waiting in line for half an hour all trying to get the biggest burger they can eat.

Going to the one by ASU was probably the most underwhelming eating experience of my life. Sure its good food, but on the rare occasions I eat fast food, I'm not going to waste so much time to get a fast food burger.

I'd say Harvey's is as good as anything I've eaten in the States, though I've only really scratched the surface down there. They sure love their fast food. I remember driving in LA and seeing at least 3 different taco places (none of them Taco Bell) right next to eachother.

Anybody every tried Carl's Jr/Hardee's? Is that any good?

JordanEG6
05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2

Anybody every tried Carl's Jr/Hardee's? Is that any good?

I've always wanted to try Hardees' Monster Thick Burger haha, but I'm afraid of a cardiac arrest.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041116/041116_monsterTB.hmedium.jpg

Boostn
05-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I always head to In and Out whenever I'm in Cali or LV, the burgers and especially fries are tasty. They only seem to have locations in a few western states. Jack in the Box isn't too bad either, sourdough jack ftw.

Kritafo
05-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Hardee's....Harvey's...pretty much the same.

Haven't tried Carl's though.

We are BBQing venison burgers tonight...mmm they are good with my homemade spicy zucchini relish.

bball2
05-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Man first time I went to Sonics was in Dallas, I mistakenly ordered the largest drink... it was as big as my head... Good food though :thumbsup:

Kritafo
07-06-2008, 06:18 PM
We had sonic again for the first time in forever. They have a limited time offer burger. Fire Island, it has habenero sauce on it....it was warm. Okay...It was the hottest sauce on a burger I have had in a long time from a chain.

pyroza
07-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Boostn
I always head to In and Out whenever I'm in Cali or LV, the burgers and especially fries are tasty. They only seem to have locations in a few western states. Jack in the Box isn't too bad either, sourdough jack ftw.

In N Out is exclusive to California, Nevada and Arizona and they're the best damn place for burgers in the world. Double double with animal style fries and a neopolitan shake = :drool: :drool: :drool:

rmk
07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by pyroza

In N Out is exclusive to California, Nevada and Arizona and they're the best damn place for burgers in the world. Double double with animal style fries and a neopolitan shake = :drool: :drool: :drool:

Gordon Ramsay was on George Strombolopoulous (sp) and when asked what his last meal would be, he replied In-n-out :rofl:

nonlinear
07-12-2008, 01:41 PM
you guys.... now I am needing a trip...just burgers. Actually we did this last summer all the way to Minneapolis for my son to have a White Castle burger, we ate at least one meal at day at some burger joint and spent our days walking off the burgers in local parks and malls.

WOW!

i grew up in MPLS and White Castle is pretty much an institution there. i really miss those sliders and crinkle-cut fries LOL.

i'm going back home next friday, though, and definately gonna have to hit up whitey's a couple of times.

EDIT: and in case anyone is wondering, Krystal's is a crappy White Castle copy. Actually, White Castle is the oldest fast food chain in the USA!

nonlinear
07-12-2008, 01:47 PM

What????

i grew up in the US, and I've also travelled to every state and also many other international destinations for work, and I really don't see major differences in food quality between the US and Canada.

Actually, the US has a MUCH larger variety of food, and produce is WAY higher quality there than it is here.

Kritafo
07-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

WOW!

i grew up in MPLS and White Castle is pretty much an institution there. i really miss those sliders and crinkle-cut fries LOL.

i'm going back home next friday, though, and definately gonna have to hit up whitey's a couple of times.

EDIT: and in case anyone is wondering, Krystal's is a crappy White Castle copy. Actually, White Castle is the oldest fast food chain in the USA!

I am totally jealous. We almost went back again this summer. My sons birthday was yesterday and we were talking about our fun trip to White Castle and the those lovely burgers. They had chicken rings last year they were awesome. We bought some frozen burgers to bring home last year. Just for the memories..love the ones with jalapeno cheese.

Have fun going back home I love MPLS, we didn't even make the mall of America we were having too much fun doing other stuff there.

I totally agree, USA has waaay more food options. Even at the fast food joints.

Krystals is a poor version of White Castle...the one we ended up at was very ghetto, but didn't much care. We use our glowing cups almost everyday.

Quickstrike
07-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Can you name a Canadian fast food chain that cuts fries fresh from the potato?

That is easy. New York Fries. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Fries)

Kritafo
07-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Quickstrike

That is easy. New York Fries. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Fries)

I know Harvey's use to, not sure if they still do.

adidas
07-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Carls Jr is my fav american fast food place...The burgers taste so good and u can get them carb-less, u get a cabage piece wrapped around the burger instead of the bun.

In n out comes in 2nd...there burgers are really good but i cant get use to their fries...its prob cause im so use to the fries at mcdicks and places liek that that add all these stupid additives that make them taste like they are a million bucks.