PDA

View Full Version : Urgently need some 5mm spacers, who stocks them locally?

88CRX
04-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Need some 5mm hubcentric spacers for my rears. No generic loose fitting crap.

Wheel bore size is 73mm
Vehicle Hub size is 64.15mm

Anyone dealt with any local vendors that actually have this stuff in stock ready to go? I'll call around in the morning but any sort of heads up would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cooked Rice
05-01-2008, 12:46 AM
mopac perhaps? I don't see a lot of hub centric 5mm spacers actually.

heavyD
05-01-2008, 07:35 AM
If you are re-using the stock lugs make sure that you re-torque on monthly basis as they will slowly back out in my experience.

88CRX
05-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Have they worked loose cause they've had a wobble since they're not hub centric spacer? I've heard of that happening... but if they're hub centric then I shouldn't have anything to worry about, or atleast thats what I thought.

Or they those larger H&R trac spacers that have the built in extended studs? I've also heard of that style working themselves loose.

heavyD
05-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Have they worked loose cause they've had a wobble since they're not hub centric spacer? I've heard of that happening... but if they're hub centric then I shouldn't have anything to worry about, or atleast thats what I thought.

Or they those larger H&R trac spacers that have the built in extended studs? I've also heard of that style working themselves loose.

On my SRT-4 I used an Eibach hubcentric spacer kit made for the car that came with longer studs. I didn't use the longer studs because there was just barely enough thread left to make the required minimum turns of the nuts (can't remember what it was). I never had any wobbling issues or anything but the nuts would work loose and to be on the safe side I would re-torque them on a regular basis. It was probably due to not using the longer studs.

88CRX
05-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

On my SRT-4 I used an Eibach hubcentric spacer kit made for the car that came with longer studs. I didn't use the longer studs because there was just barely enough thread left to make the required minimum turns of the nuts (can't remember what it was). I never had any wobbling issues or anything but the nuts would work loose and to be on the safe side I would re-torque them on a regular basis. It was probably due to not using the longer studs.

Hmmm... what size spacer were you running? Were you running a 10mm or something?

From the info I've found you need somewhere between a minimum of 8 or 9 complete turns of the lug nut to have it safely on there.... that means on stock wheels studs you can safely run up to a 7mm spacer before having to add extended studs or run those spacer/stud combo units.

heavyD
05-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Hmmm... what size spacer were you running? Were you running a 10mm or something?

From the info I've found you need somewhere between a minimum of 8 or 9 complete turns of the lug nut to have it safely on there.... that means on stock wheels studs you can safely run up to a 7mm spacer before having to add extended studs or run those spacer/stud combo units.

They were 5mm. I believe 9 or 10 turns is what I had left on the SRT. When I say they loosened up I don't mean finger loose or anything like that but they would loosen below torque specs. It's really not a big deal but for safety sake you should periodically check and re-torque if necessary. I really had no other issues with them though as they allowed me to use the wheels and there was absolutely no wobbling and the car rode like it did without them.

88CRX
05-01-2008, 02:26 PM
So nobody stock any 5mm honda spacers.

I called Tunerworks, Speedtech, RCTS & Urban Xpressions. They can all get them which is good but I'd rather pick something up now haha.

Any other suggestions?

heavyD
05-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Better to be patient and get a quality set of spacers IMO.

civicsi
05-01-2008, 02:54 PM
generic spacers work fine. If your using a tapered lugnut (which you should be anyways) and slowly tighten them in a criss cross pattern they will center the wheel onto the hub.

1-Bar
05-06-2008, 06:58 PM
have you found a set yet? I saw you driving with a different set of rears today.....

Supa Dexta
05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah the wheel has to remain centered, just from the lugs, and even if the spacer moves some, it can't move far.. I doubt it would move anyways, there would be a lot of pressure on it.

88CRX
05-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
have you found a set yet? I saw you driving with a different set of rears today.....

Yup got some yesterday from Tunerworks.... just haven't had time to slap them on yet.