PDA

View Full Version : FS: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Style

cmodem
05-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi All,

I have a 33" Scotty Cameron that i bought from nevada bobs golf end of last year. Hasn't been used much except a couple days near the end and a few times at the golf dome. This is last years model.

You can find the golf digest rating of GOLD at this link:
http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/ratings/putters/2007/HOT_LIST_BLADE

I have the receipt from nevada bobs where i paid 375 + tax. It is 100% authentic comes with headcover and divot tool.

Selling because it's too big for me. Tired of choking down and the club hitting my shirts and the swingweight being all messed cuz i choke down by 3 inches. And if anyone knows a thing about scotty's is that they should NEVER be tampered with either by cutting down the shaft or messing with the headweight. The heads and shaft length are matched specifically and poking around messes up with the balance.

It is a wicked putter. But tired of modifying my stance grip etc etc to make up for too big of a putter. Scotty doesn't make anything smaller then 33" out of the factory.

It's mint but regardless i'm asking 250 OBO. my loss your gain.
pics to come.

bigboom
05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
just a thought...but you could cut it down an inch or whatever you need to and put lead tape on the sole of the putter, essentially what scotty does is for every inch in length he will add 10 grams to the head.. it may save you some money. Scotty does this because he wanted his putter swing weight at the time to be a d6 i think.

you will be hard pressed to find anything shorter than a 33" without going to a kid's putter. even the odyessey divine line (ladies putters) only goes to a 32".

cmodem
05-02-2008, 08:33 PM
lol yeah i hear you!

But actually the new scotty's which retail at 350 at golf town allow for insertable weights. If you get a 360g 33" shaft scotty and cut it to 31 and get the 30g weight inserts it'll work out.

Except the 30g weight inserts are 75 bucks a piece and plus you have to ship your putter out. (Scotty doesn't let you change weights yourself... gay).

I always compromised cuz 31" putters are hard to find but i'm getting one custom made from simply golf. It's a david whitlam that's why i'm trying to see if there is any interest. If there isn't much then i'll probably cut down the scotty and place a shit load of lead tape and use it as a practice putter.

91_Integz
05-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Check PM!