PDA

View Full Version : Demerit credit Q

bobby_lu
05-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Did one of those courses for the 3 demerit credit and just got the certificate in the mail.

Anyways, do I need to go to the registry or my insurance company to have that applied to my license?

Thanks.

01RedDX
05-02-2008, 12:38 PM

dannie
05-02-2008, 02:00 PM
You have to take it into the registry. They will make a photocopy of it for you and place the credit on your file providing that you have 3 or more demerits. If you currently do not have any demerits on your file, they cannot put it on as a "just in case." However, the form is valid for up to 2 years from the date of completion. So if you have no demerits at all, keep it just in case.

Hamilton515
05-02-2008, 03:23 PM

bobby_lu
05-02-2008, 06:00 PM
How long after paying a ticket does it show up at the registry, just wondering how long to wait before going to show the certificate?

dannie
05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
It depends on where, how and who you paid it with. Generally speaking... give it a week after the specified court date and it should be on there. The other option is you can call the registry and ask if they can check your file to see if you can place it on there yet... (and if they tell you they cant't they are full of it. its super simple to tell)

If the ticket you received is less than 3 demerits though, and its the only one you have... you wont be able to use the course credit until you have at least 3 demerits

bobby_lu
05-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by dannie
It depends on where, how and who you paid it with. Generally speaking... give it a week after the specified court date and it should be on there. The other option is you can call the registry and ask if they can check your file to see if you can place it on there yet... (and if they tell you they cant't they are full of it. its super simple to tell)

If the ticket you received is less than 3 demerits though, and its the only one you have... you wont be able to use the course credit until you have at least 3 demerits

Thats idiotic...omg..guess I will have to find that out, anyways, thanks for the help.