PDA

View Full Version : Possibly drunk moron in a 1st gen DSM

Nissanaddict
05-03-2008, 03:10 AM
Driving south down Mcleod from downtown in the right lane, I had to stop in front of Ranchmans due to a cab, since they're too lazy to pull into the lot. I left more than enough space to accelerate smoothly into the middle lane when it's safe. 8 seconds after I was fully stopped, some idiot in a DSM is coming up behind me real fast. I was in gear, so I shot up as close to the cab as possible (as the middle lane wasn't clear) and the guy slammed on his brakes, stopping mere inches (if that) from the back of my car. Then once I pulled out from behind the cab, I drove slowly to get him to pass me since I didn't want him behind me. The guy couldn't really maintain a straight line, and wouldn't pass me likely in fear that I'd get his plate #. So if you know who this was....kindly tell him to get his act together...and maybe remove a few spark plugs until he does.

euro_racer
05-03-2008, 04:14 AM
same thing happened to me once too...dont think he was drunk, it is just too dangerous when those asshole cabs stop in the middle of the road and sometines you don't notice that they are at a dead stop. i see it happen all the time in that area too

other alternatives: he was talking to a friend and was distracted, he just did not think you were at a full stop, other form of distraction

InLoveWitRSX
05-04-2008, 03:12 AM
saw a drunk guy driving a red teg on deerfoot last night, just swerving in his lane and almost sideswiped the curb

nissanK
05-07-2008, 01:08 PM
That spot in front of Ranchmans is a death trap. Blocked by either cops or cabs just asking to get hit by someone not paying attention.

Hopefully that drunk DSM puts himself and no one else in a world of hurt.

Nissanaddict
05-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah, who knows. Either way, woulda been the worst timing ever. I was on a flight to Mexico 9 hours after that post.