PDA

View Full Version : my first accident...

86_lude_86
05-04-2008, 06:15 AM
well this morning i was drinking a frined home from hanging out(no one was drinking) and going down macleod trail about 2 hours ago some guy runs the red light in front of me and i t-boned him. tried to turn but he was going to fast.
i belive the car will be writen off the front end is bumped up not sure how the engine is and for those of you that know the car i am the guy that bought iblizzards accord. i got some picutres witht he phone not sure how they are. will try and load them later.

U4RIA
05-04-2008, 06:22 AM
You were drinking a friend home? :confused:

Sucks that you got into an accident though.
:thumbsdow to red-light runners.

86_lude_86
05-04-2008, 06:24 AM
haha my bad. still got some adrenaline going i was driving a friend home. ya it bites but the guy just came out saying it was his fault so made that a bit easier.

U4RIA
05-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Did you deal with the police and everything? You and your friend okay?

Masked Bandit
05-04-2008, 07:09 AM
You'll be fine. I'm assuming this guy was turning left across your path? If so, he is at fault (whether the light was red or not).

86_lude_86
05-04-2008, 11:17 AM
everyone is ok my shoulder and neck are a little stiff. my friends chest hurts but the ems said it was just from the seat belt.

no the guy was just going straight through the red light just talking to his buddy not paying attention.

the pictures where after the fire department had moved my car

Eleanor
05-04-2008, 11:23 AM
were the cops called?

TYMSMNY
05-04-2008, 11:24 AM
^ should you click on the picture... there's a cop in it.

86_lude_86
05-04-2008, 11:31 AM
his car

Thaco
05-04-2008, 11:31 AM
^^ also he says the fire Dept moved his car, fire Dept wouldn't be there if the cops weren't

86_lude_86
05-04-2008, 11:32 AM
my car again. this is the bad side

86_lude_86
05-04-2008, 11:32 AM
and as notice in the picture and from above yes multipule people called the cops

Thaco
05-04-2008, 11:33 AM
i'd say it's a writeoff, as long as his police report reflects him admitting fauylt, as you said he verbally did, you'll be fine, just make sure you DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING from his insurance company until all of the injuries are healed, once you sign the claim acceptance, you will not be able to go after him if the injury is deemed to be more sever, or yu have complications from this later on.

86_lude_86
05-04-2008, 11:47 AM
good to know. thanks for the info thaco. ya his report he wrote "corey hit me" haha

Ashers
05-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Are people that impatient that they can't wait 1 minute at a red light? I actually, on the way home from work last night saw a guy blow through a red light. 2 am on Country Hills by the Esso and the Home Depot. I stopped at the light and some guys just blows through on red. Didn't even slow down.

Also, back on topic. If he put "Corey hit me" in his report, doesn't that mean that he is saying that its your fault (assuming you're Corey.) Wouldn't it have been better as "I ran the red light without care and therefore caused Corey's vehicle to come into contact with mine. However it was entirely my fault."

86_lude_86
05-04-2008, 12:52 PM
he also wrote that he ran the red light. so no its not in anyway my fault. ya i saw someone run a light not a half hour before it happened. its pretty sad.

403Gemini
05-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Police report, witness statement, other party admits fault, you're fine.

Your car is gone by the way.

A790
05-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Your car is gone by the way.
But at least you're okay, and that's what really matters here. (speaking to OP)

al-ti2d
05-05-2008, 06:24 PM
you're lucky he's admitting to running the red light.. other douchebags out there would try and fuck you over and make life a hell of alot more difficult

403Gemini
05-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by A790

But at least you're okay, and that's what really matters here. (speaking to OP)

That goes without saying of course ;)

86_lude_86
05-21-2008, 07:53 AM
ya found out they wrote it off yesterday.:( i have a couple of options now and just wondering what you guys know about salvage inspections. i can fix the car for a couple grand and i can sell it to the insurace company and get my money or get like 300 less and get the car back too which im going to do so i can get my shit out of it.

do you guys think its worth it? how hard is a salvage inspection?

ExtraSlow
05-21-2008, 08:06 AM
I've been in a similar situation, and I wouldn't ever screw around with buying back the car from the insurance company. That car will probably have alignment and suspension issues for the rest of it's life even if you get it fixed by a good shop. Take the cash and buy a new car.

Also, about the injuries, Keep good records of visits to the doctor, and any time missed from work. You will probably end up dealing with a person at a third party adjuster company. You don't have to sign anything from them until you are satisfied that your ijuries are fully discovered and on thier way to healing. I made them wait two months before signing anything because I thought my wifes neck was messed up. Turns out it healed fine, and thenI signed.

86_lude_86
05-21-2008, 08:45 AM
thanks for the info man. i have decided to buy back the car cause its not much difference in what i get back and by no means enought to buy a new one but this way i can get all my stuff and maybe sell the engine cause its only front end body damaged. nothing hit the motor. i will keep that in mind tho about suspension when i have a look at it. see what happens

rated_R
05-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by 86_lude_86
thanks for the info man. i have decided to buy back the car cause its not much difference in what i get back and by no means enought to buy a new one

what company do you have your insurance with? I'm with state farm and when my car got totalled (other driver's fault), for my car a '96 honda civic dx bone stock they gave me $8,500 and I thought the car was worth less than $4K. and btw this was last May (2007) so I think they should atleast give you what you paid for your car if not more than that :dunno:

86_lude_86
05-21-2008, 10:35 AM
its hbc groupl i belive? i have a couple different names for them. and they arent giving me what i paid for the car a year ago at all.

ExtraSlow
05-21-2008, 10:46 AM
is there anything about this car that makes it worth more than market value? A great stereo, brand new tires, recent work done? If so, you may be able to squeeze a little more out of them.

86_lude_86
05-21-2008, 10:56 AM
it has a full alpine stereo in it and they said they didnt take that into account so i would be able to take it. the engine is also an h22 and they know about it and wanted the receipts for it and for the install and after that they are still offering less then half of what i paid for the car!:bullshit: