PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Subaru Legacy spec B. limited price

a240h
05-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey guys, so my dad's getting close to selling his '06 Subaru Legacy GT spec B (in the states). I'm going to school up in BC & I'm thinking the car might hold a bit more value north of the border. Anyone know what these go for in the BC/AB area?

Specs:
2006 Legacy GT limited (5spd)
I beleive about 18,000 miles (29,000 K's)
Only 500 were made, it has the little plaque saying like "#87/500"
silver, pretty good condition, no major damage, just some scratches
Spotless red leather interior
Touch screen Navi/Info
.. and all of the other standard things that come with the '06 Spec B

Thanks for your help!

Xtrema
05-05-2008, 02:59 PM
www.autotrader.ca

My guess would be around $25-$28K cdn.

benyl
05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I thought the Spec B had a 6-speed.

GTS Jeff
05-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I thought the Spec B had a 6-speed. LOL they do.

And I'm thinking this guy has "WRX STI Limited" confused with "LGT Spec B."

a240h
05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
LOL they do.

And I'm thinking this guy has "WRX STI Limited" confused with "LGT Spec B."

Nope
Read This (http://www.worldcarfans.com/2050921.004/2006-subaru-legacy-25-gt-specb-limited-edition-usa)

Like I said its limited. They only made 500 of these, and they were only released in the states. The full produciton spec. B's weren't released until 2007. And it is a 5 speed.

Rare car, definitely not a WRX STI
It's pretty much the exact same as the one in the link

Perfect Dark
05-05-2008, 10:45 PM
05 non Spec B's go for around 20k at the dealer, so 25-28 is a fair estimate.

GTS Jeff
05-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by a240h

Nope
Read This (http://www.worldcarfans.com/2050921.004/2006-subaru-legacy-25-gt-specb-limited-edition-usa)

Like I said its limited. They only made 500 of these, and they were only released in the states. The full produciton spec. B's weren't released until 2007. And it is a 5 speed.

Rare car, definitely not a WRX STI
It's pretty much the exact same as the one in the link I believe the article's title is a bit misleading. There are two "Limited" models in the Legacy line up...the 2.5i Limited and the GT Limited. The Spec B is based on the GT Limited, but it's just called a Spec B.

But if I were you, I wouldn't harp on about how only 500 were made when you go to sell the car, because as you pointed out, the very next year they went into full production and were actually further upgraded with the 6 speed STI transmission and the Torsen rear LSD. Hopefully your buyer just won't notice that and pick up the car.

Another option is to see if a Subaru dealership is interested in picking the car up. I looked it up on Black book and if your car is in good shape you could probably get $22k+ from the dealership. Since the market isn't great for used cars right now, this might be a more hassle free way to go, though I'm not sure if this is still priced high enough to make it worthwhile to import.

benyl
05-06-2008, 08:47 AM
the 6 speed STI transmission and the Torsen rear LSD. Hopefully your buyer just won't notice that and pick up the car.

That is what I thought. The Spec B also has SI Drive.

bigboom
05-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by benyl

That is what I thought. The Spec B also has SI Drive.

SI drive only started in 07 i believe...i have an 08 and i find the si drive to be kinda useless.

GTS Jeff
05-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

SI drive only started in 07 i believe...i have an 08 and i find the si drive to be kinda useless. SI Drive is a nice feature to have if you want to run aftermarket reflashes on certain settings. Last I heard, they figured out how to do this (few months ago) but I'm not sure if it's actually supported in the new releases of AP and all that yet.

bigboom
05-06-2008, 01:40 PM
SI Drive is a nice feature to have if you want to run aftermarket reflashes on certain settings. Last I heard, they figured out how to do this (few months ago) but I'm not sure if it's actually supported in the new releases of AP and all that yet.

so from what you are saying i could theoretically flash the ecu to store three different settings? so i could do one for eg. 94 octane, 91 octane and whatever else i wanted?

benyl
05-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

so from what you are saying i could theoretically flash the ecu to store three different settings? so i could do one for eg. 94 octane, 91 octane and whatever else i wanted? :werd:

a240h
05-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I believe the article's title is a bit misleading. There are two "Limited" models in the Legacy line up...the 2.5i Limited and the GT Limited. The Spec B is based on the GT Limited, but it's just called a Spec B.

But if I were you, I wouldn't harp on about how only 500 were made when you go to sell the car, because as you pointed out, the very next year they went into full production and were actually further upgraded with the 6 speed STI transmission and the Torsen rear LSD. Hopefully your buyer just won't notice that and pick up the car.

A

The car is a GT Spec B. The emblems on the trunk say Legacy GT and the plaque inside says Spec B. So in other words, it is both.

From my experience the rareness of any product (in most cases, especially cars) increases the demand. If I'm looking for an '06 Legacy, and I have the chance to get one of only 500 made in a special edition, I'm going to pick that, no questions. Maybe if I have the cash to by an '07 , then I would take that into consideration. I'm definitely not going to try and mislead someone into buying the car.

nbaker00
05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
PM me what you want for the car.
I have a client looking specifically for a "Spec B" model.

Thanks