PDA

View Full Version : Another Dealer Rant... Infiniti

import_rider
05-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Over the past few years I have had the opportunity to deal with various dealers here in Calgary, and Hyatt Infiniti by far take the first prize for the most incompetent, useless and well most annoying dealership…

I hope nobody needs to get their check engine light or even servicing done anytime soon. Just a simple oil change can take a month… Anyways I had a US vehicle, so these bastards made me email and fax them a letter with the Vin# back in Sept, so they could have the car in their system. Well since then I needed an oil change and after being told there is a 6 week wait for appointment I went to Nissan who did it for me the same day (By the way if Nissan Services your vehicle this does not effect your warranty). When it came time to get some warranty work done the bastards made me book an appointment 4 weeks in advance and the day I get there they tell me that the warranty isn't in the system and I need to send another email to the service manager, I lucky brought proof that I had already done that in Sept, so they sent the warranty request in for me and told me they will call me when they get the info.

Today a week later they got the info and now they can rush me in and get me an appointment at the end of the month. So just to get some warranty work done it took almost 3 months……. I am so glad that I didn’t buy my car from them and aside from warranty work I will not do any business with them in the future and I encourage everyone else to well STAY AWAY unless completely necessary.

import_rider
05-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I forgot to mention that they arent just doing this to US cars, my parents bought their car from there and have the same problem waiting for appointments

Xtrema
05-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Funny that the salesman I deal with keep boosting the fact that you can service the Infiniti @ any Nissan dealers.

I wonder if that's his PC ways of saying that don't service it here.

:D

But really, I don't think they are the only dealer in town with capacity problem. Any dealer who do anything other than oli change will need at least 1 week advance notice. 2 during spring/fall.

Lex350
05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
good to know. I've been thinking of picking up a 2007 G35 in the US

import_rider
05-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
good to know. I've been thinking of picking up a 2007 G35 in the US

Buy the car from the US save yourself a shitload money.... service it at NISSAN and stay away from HYATT

911sc
05-05-2008, 03:21 PM
My Cousin works there and he told me that they on purpose screw people with American cars over so they will buy local, he also told me that they on purpose will do half fast jobs on the American cars, but apparently they are losing alot of business to Nissan but dont car because they are the only Inf dealer and keep busy

KyleTA
05-05-2008, 03:51 PM
I used to have a Qx4 and Hyatt was a pain in the ass to deal with for anything. It had been serviced there since Day 1, it was off warranty as well. Every few months something would need attention, and everytime it went in it had to go back at least once because they didn't fix it right.

Check engine light came on, took it in and they told us it was xxxxx (can't remember, it was like 5 yrs ago). So once it was "fixed" I picked it up, got about 100 yards from the dealership and the fucking light comes back on. So i took it back and then they said it was the evap canister or something to that extent.

Another time i took it in for servicing. Told them there was a vibe at 100-110 kms/hr and if it needed the tires balanced to please do it. So i picked it up, they told me everything was fine etc, again, i get on glenmore and take it up to 100 and the fuckin thing is shaking still. Take it back, the next day they phone and say "oh, i guess your tires must have been out of balance".

Ended up selling it soon after, and i would not personally recommend anyone go there.

Also, I have gone in there a few times to the showroom to look at G35s. All the times i have gone in there, ive seen at least 3 salesman standing there with their thumbs up their asses, not once did anyone of those douchebags offer to help me. I guess i should go back when im 40 and maybe someone will offer a hello.

I would love to own a G37 as my next vehicle, but HELL if i would ever take it to Hyatt for anything, i'd drive to Edmonton to get warranty work done before those arseholes would get a dime from me.

reno97637
05-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by KyleTA
Also, I have gone in there a few times to the showroom to look at G35s. All the times i have gone in there, ive seen at least 3 salesman standing there with their thumbs up their asses, not once did anyone of those douchebags offer to help me. I guess i should go back when im 40 and maybe someone will offer a hello.

My dad was turning 50 and I wanted to get him a G35 coupe as a present. We walked into Hyatt Infiniti and we couldn't get help whatsoever. We ended up going back to Winnipeg (Birchwood BMW) to grab a 5 series.

2EFNFAST
05-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 911sc
My Cousin works there and he told me that they on purpose screw people with American cars over so they will buy local, he also told me that they on purpose will do half fast jobs on the American cars, but apparently they are losing alot of business to Nissan but dont car because they are the only Inf dealer and keep busy

No - Hyatt tries to screw over EVERYBODY.

I can't begin to relate the horror stories I've had with them.

Will NEVER buy anything from Hyatt again.

G3500
05-21-2008, 11:38 PM
This is very true, Hyatt has the worst sales/customer service in general. Trying to get a sales person to talk to you will take you forever and servicing your car there is also a pain...I just take my car to nissan for servicing now.

DNSRadio
05-21-2008, 11:44 PM
haha
damn guys
i am going there this weekend to check out the g37 for my dad,

if i cant get service im def. gonna bitch them all out.
call out the manager and etc.
get them all in shit.
lol

these type of sales slobs you have to jerk around.. otherwise they will just sit back and watch you fuck with the cars.

rc2002
05-22-2008, 09:04 AM
You get what you pay for. If I owned a dealership, I would take care of those who brought their cars up from the US last. Why put the people who bought from you and those who didn't into the same queue?

I'd be willing to bet that if you polled those who bought locally and those who didn't, service is better for those who did. And rightly so.

stunta666
05-22-2008, 09:15 AM
^^:werd:

Toms-SC
05-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
You get what you pay for. If I owned a dealership, I would take care of those who brought their cars up from the US last. Why put the people who bought from you and those who didn't into the same queue?

I'd be willing to bet that if you polled those who bought locally and those who didn't, service is better for those who did. And rightly so.

Its a bullshit two tier system that has to be removed.

2EFNFAST
05-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

bought locally - hyatt can kiss my ass.

em2ab
05-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 911sc
he also told me that they on purpose will do half fast jobs on the American cars,
....half ass?

EIT07
05-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

bought locally - hyatt can kiss my ass.

I second that.

Xtrema
05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
So are all Hyatts the same, including Mitsu, Mercedes, Saab and Saturn?

Tomaz
05-22-2008, 04:36 PM
^^^ Correct, the Hyatt Group owns a large amount of dealerships in Calgary. They have been mentioned so many times as "a terrable group that want to make as much money as possible without any care or attention to thier customers". It also really depends on who you have as salespeople at these places. But when it comes to servicing, it is a whole new ballgame.

GT4rally
05-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I've bought 2 cars from the Hyatt Group and regretted both:

I bought a used Audi at Northland VW (Hyatt owned) about 15 years ago, and they lied about where the car was from and what it was used for.
They said an old lady from Bragg Creek owned it since new... I checked into the story, and it turns out it was a company's loaner vehicle from Ontario that they had bought through an auction.
The car was a complete nightmare and Hyatt denied any responsibility (the steering rack and front suspension collapsed the day after I bought it).

The second car was an Acura TL from Hyatt Infinity that not on the lot when I went down to test drive it. They said it was in the body shop getting a "slight scrape" fixed on the rear fender.
Went back a week later... the body work was crappy, but the car was cheap and low km, so I bought it. Big mistake. There was no scrape, the fender was full of rust, which they did a quick bondo job on and sold it to me. The frame rail on that side was rusted completely though. I discoverd rust all around the wheel well 6 months later and Hyatt told me to fuck off.
It cost me $3500 to fix the rust.

Stay away from any Hyatt owned dealer... they are not just careless, but blatantly dishonest!

95teetee
05-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by em2ab

....half ass? half fast- takes twice as long:dunno:

:D

R!zz0
05-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Nissan has been good so far :thumbsup:

EIT07
05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah I'm gonna go to Nissan dealerships for services from now on. Hyatt Infiniti isn't gonna get another penny out of me.

Kona9
05-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by GT4rally
I've bought 2 cars from the Hyatt Group and regretted both:

I bought a used Audi at Northland VW (Hyatt owned) about 15 years ago, and they lied about where the car was from and what it was used for.
They said an old lady from Bragg Creek owned it since new... I checked into the story, and it turns out it was a company's loaner vehicle from Ontario that they had bought through an auction.
The car was a complete nightmare and Hyatt denied any responsibility (the steering rack and front suspension collapsed the day after I bought it).

The second car was an Acura TL from Hyatt Infinity that not on the lot when I went down to test drive it. They said it was in the body shop getting a "slight scrape" fixed on the rear fender.
Went back a week later... the body work was crappy, but the car was cheap and low km, so I bought it. Big mistake. There was no scrape, the fender was full of rust, which they did a quick bondo job on and sold it to me. The frame rail on that side was rusted completely though. I discoverd rust all around the wheel well 6 months later and Hyatt told me to fuck off.
It cost me $3500 to fix the rust.

Stay away from any Hyatt owned dealer... they are not just careless, but blatantly dishonest!

Not tryin to rain on your parade, but couldn't the problems you had with both vehicles been caught prior to you purchasing? IMHO every used car purchased should be checked out by a mechanic of another source. Car sales is a shady business. Everyone knows that. There is more to a car than price and kms.

Regardless, I understand your view towards Hyatt.

Brasso Nissan is a GREAT dealership! I have purchased 2 new trucks from there and they have been top notch throughout.

GT4rally
05-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Kona9

Not tryin to rain on your parade, but couldn't the problems you had with both vehicles been caught prior to you purchasing? IMHO every used car purchased should be checked out by a mechanic of another source. Car sales is a shady business. Everyone knows that. There is more to a car than price and kms.

I agree, but funny you should say that, since I requested to have the Audi inspected at South Center VW/Audi before I put money down... Northland's manager said I could have it inspected anywhere I wanted EXCEPT South Center!!!

That should have been a huge red flag, but I was young and stupid.

rage2
05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by GT4rally
I agree, but funny you should say that, since I requested to have the Audi inspected at South Center VW/Audi before I put money down... Northland's manager said I could have it inspected anywhere I wanted EXCEPT South Center!!!
Probably cuz they were afraid SC would steal their sale. When I went GTI shopping, Northland VW sales guy sounded like they hated each other. Made it a clear point that they had absolutely nothing to do with each other.