PDA

View Full Version : Personal Opinions on HHR SS

jonnycat
05-06-2008, 04:50 PM
What do you think of them?

I like the Functionality, performance even if they are Ugly. I need a new Family Wagon and this has made the short list.

403Gemini
05-06-2008, 04:52 PM
They're not THAT horrible (aside from the looks). The 2.4l gives you 171 hp which is peppy. My dad rented one and went through california and said he loved it.

If i had my choice of crossover right now id probably look at the nissan rogue.

jonnycat
05-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry, the SS Turbo 2.0.

260 HP
Launch Control
Nurburgring tuned suspension (IIRC, it ran a 8:42 round the ring)
No lift shift.

03ozwhip
05-06-2008, 05:10 PM
the HHR is considered a minivan. i thought id let you know youll be driving a minivan...its not a crossover.

JRSC00LUDE
05-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Sorry, but every time I see someone driving one of those I die a little inside.

me&you
05-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Looks like a hearse... you know, if that's what you're going for...

Tik-Tok
05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
A friend rented one in the states, and hated every second of it.

His biggest complaint was that because of the roof line, he couldn't see signal lights when stopped, and he's only 5'8".

403Gemini
05-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

His biggest complaint was that because of the roof line, he couldn't see signal lights when stopped, and he's only 5'8".

Problem identified

http://www.hotideas.co.uk/images/products/casta_glasses.jpg

lol ;)

Honestly, test drive one. I wouldnt buy one soley on the looks, i think they're fugly, worse than pt cruisers.

MR.Ladner
05-06-2008, 05:57 PM
they have the worst blind spots ever....they suck sooo bad...

johnboy27
05-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I have an 06 PT cruiser for a family car and the roof line is horrible. I am constantly hunching down to see traffic lights. I am 6'2" though.
The versatililty of the PT always impresses me though. I am sure the cargo compartment of the HHR isn't too much different.

FiveFreshFish
05-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Just get a regular minivan.

xkon
05-07-2008, 01:03 AM
I came across one so ridiculously cheap I couldnt not get it...

and at first, I agreed it was ugly but it has grown on me, and is fun to drive, very useful and great on gas. It comes with a lot of options even on the base model. Its based on the cobalt, and its like a box on the highway lol... pulls all over the place - reminds me of the jeep... but again, for the price, its been a great car.

dont die inside if you see me in it LOL, i went through that already!

jonnycat
05-07-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm justifying the biggest negatives like this.

Rear Blindspots - Just be faster than the rest of traffic
Forward blindspots - new height adjustable power seat could help.
Minivan - It's a station wagon.

Thanks for the input. :D

Mitsu3000gt
05-07-2008, 08:42 AM
I hate the looks, and its built like a piece of crap in my opinion. It will also likely depreciate quite fast, maybe a year old one would be better if your hellbent on getting one.

JRSC00LUDE
05-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by jonnycat
I'm justifying the biggest negatives like this.

Rear Blindspots - Just be faster than the rest of traffic
Forward blindspots - new height adjustable power seat could help.
Minivan - It's a station wagon.

Thanks for the input. :D

Even though I busted this pic out once before, you too are guilty of trying to gloss over obvious problems by putting.......

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/untitled.jpg

jonnycat
05-08-2008, 04:50 PM
My biggest problem is I am trying to find a fun to drive car, fuel mileage is important but not critical, versatility to haul lumber, stroller, playpen, luggage etc.

The closest thing is a used 05 Magnum RT which will run me the same payments as an HHR SS @ 0% x 60 mos. Not new, warranty expires in 8 months. Fuel economy for the Hemi isn't the greatest.

Any other cars anyone could think of that would meet the requirements that isn't an SUV or CUV or truck?

Scooby's are out for their lack of financing rates and much greater price.

Eleanor
05-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Caliber SRT4? I'd get one before an HHR. 285 hp, 250 or 260 torque (can't remember) and 38mpg highway!

Tik-Tok
05-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by jonnycat
My biggest problem is I am trying to find a fun to drive car, fuel mileage is important but not critical, versatility to haul lumber, stroller, playpen, luggage etc.

The closest thing is a used 05 Magnum RT which will run me the same payments as an HHR SS @ 0% x 60 mos. Not new, warranty expires in 8 months. Fuel economy for the Hemi isn't the greatest.

Any other cars anyone could think of that would meet the requirements that isn't an SUV or CUV or truck?

Scooby's are out for their lack of financing rates and much greater price.

Audi Allroad :dunno:

I love mine, 1300 lbs load capacity, adjustable height air suspension, 3500 lbs tow capacity, 2.7L twinturbo (<2004), or 4.2 L V8 (>2004). I guess you won't find many on lots though, if you're looking for financing.