PDA

View Full Version : ya bitch i am a pimmmmp

snowboard
05-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Or at least i think so, i just installed an aftermarket amp and sub with my stock HU with a little help from Graham_a_m.

BUT, i dont know where to put my remote wire, does anyone have any suggestions in the trunk where there will be a 12v acc and that isnt the 12v constant??

will the antenna wire work? or what??? like fuck, it sounds so sick but i cant leave it running 24/7 lol....

Vtecmini
05-07-2008, 01:13 AM
If you have a power antenna. Then yes that will work if you spliced into that. your hooking it up to the motor that runs the antenna up. Not the coaxial cable that receives Radio frequencies

Joe-G
05-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Did you wire it into a factory amp in your trunk? If so there should also be a ACC wire in there. Thats how i wired the amp into ours.

snowboard
05-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Joe-G
Did you wire it into a factory amp in your trunk? If so there should also be a ACC wire in there. Thats how i wired the amp into ours.

yah i wired it into the two speakers line coming from the Head unit going to the amp... i cant fnid a wiring diagram that includes any ACC lines though....

and no power antenna.. thanks though..

Joe-G
05-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Gimme a sec and ill find the pinout numbers i used for the install. Also, what LOC did you use? SVEN2?

v2kai
05-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Bweezy you play parcheesi

Joe-G
05-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Pin # 10 +12 Remote Turn On - White

It should be in the grey connector

snowboard
05-07-2008, 01:26 AM
haha no i think its a legacy L7 i bought from graham_a_m, seems to work very well, and it was cheap! thanks again graham haha.. i had bought an "re-q 3" for $150, but when graham told me he had that for wayyyyy cheaper, i took the re-q back haha... where will the pinout number be, on the bottom side of the plug where all the holes are?

so i did it like, speaker wires to legacy L-7, then to a JBL 2 channel amp that bridges to 260 watts at 4ohm, then to a 12" rockford sub that is RMS 200watts at 4ohms.. sounds great! tons of control over the bass level too.. im pretty pumped about it, i missed the bass in my car.. going from my home stereo to my car was dissapointing..

snowboard
05-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by v2kai
Bweezy you play parcheesi

haha shut upppp. remember that hack job we did on my 240?! yah this blows that away. it will be SO clean when i get my remote hooked up. we'll have to hook up so i can show it offf.

Originally posted by Joe-G
Pin # 10 +12 Remote Turn On - White

It should be in the grey connector

Thanks man. i had thought i read somewhere that the white one was a turn on. so pumpeddddddd thanks bro. i'm probably going to hook it up before work tommorrow now hahaha...

if anyone needs any help with this install PM me!!

Joe-G
05-07-2008, 01:28 AM
It should be there, it wont number each one specifically if i can remember, but itll label the first middle and last pins i think. Ill try and find a pic online.

Joe-G
05-07-2008, 01:29 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/BavSound/IMG_0471.jpg

E46Fanatics is where its at! :bigpimp: That site is very, very helpful lol

snowboard
05-07-2008, 01:32 AM
amazing, joe-g your the man. i seriously couldnt find an amp install thread lol.. i searched so hard and found it once, it was a bavarian soundwerks walk through, then never found it again.. so i just went at er lol...

Joe-G
05-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Lol no problem haha. The first time i did this i thought i fucked up since no speakers would work . Eventually i found out that the connector didn't fully click into place and i ended up taking apart the trunk again :banghead:. Anyways GL with the install haha

snowboard
05-07-2008, 01:41 AM
i left everything lying on my garage floor before i found out about ACC so i didnt have to re tear apart the trunk lol, thanks again!

Graham_A_M
05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey Chief, if you want I can install everything (that you haven't yet) for you, then tune it to work with your exisiting system. Just let me know if you need anything else :dunno: