PDA

View Full Version : Receiving Position

brucebanner
05-08-2008, 04:36 PM
The company that I currently work for will be looking to fill the position of a Receiver (you will be replacing me) as I am leaving the company towards the end of the month.

Pay depends on experience I believe. I think bottom dollar starts @ $16 or so. (not 100% sure)

If anyone has any questions or anything, feel free to send me a message. If you are interested in the position you can send me a copy of your resume and I can pass it on to my boss for you.

Cheers.

Hakkola
05-08-2008, 04:42 PM
What company, what area of the city, and what are the hours?

brucebanner
05-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Data Group, its a printing company. Located in the NE off of McKnight Bvld. Hours are 8:30-5 Mon-Fri.

There is a benefit package in place after your first three months are completed as well.

Jason Lange
05-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Haha receiving position...:rofl:

r0g3r
05-08-2008, 06:13 PM
what will you be receiving? paper and stuff? when I was working with superstore, I use to do some receiving ( as in the guy who uses one of those power jacks that move pallets of full of grocery). It was pretty demanding since people from the warehouse like to stack things high and nearly 50% of the time the pallets topple over...

Is this job similar in anyway?

just wondering, thanks.

Numi
05-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by r0g3r
what will you be receiving? paper and stuff? when I was working with superstore, I use to do some receiving ( as in the guy who uses one of those power jacks that move pallets of full of grocery). It was pretty demanding since people from the warehouse like to stack things high and nearly 50% of the time the pallets topple over...

just wondering, thanks.

lmao. ya. i work weekends at sobeys warehouse as a order picker while going to school and believe me some of the skids i see i feel sorry for the people who receive them. :nut:

brucebanner
05-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by r0g3r

just wondering, thanks.

Receive mostly paper products, a wide variety of things really. Its a pretty laid back environment to be in. Deal with a lot of drivers, but pretty well the same drivers day in and out, great guys too.

As far as responsibilities go, you have to:
Take product in, receive it into our receiving program, notify proper person that said product has arrived, put away or have taken to production.

There is a material handler that helps out with what has to be done.

All in all, you work with a decent group of people and its a laid back environment.

dj_rice
05-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Jason Lange
Haha receiving position...:rofl:

:werd: :werd: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Does this "recieving position" come with kneepads?