PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants with good vegetarian options

DJ_NAV
05-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Taking out my mom on mother's day, but she is a vegetarian. Every year it gets harder and harder to find a good restaurant that will please her. Indian restaurants are good, but we have had too much of that. Most italian places have veg. pasta/lasagna.. but they make it like crap. Can't do pizza.. too unhealthy. tried budha's veg. restaurant and never going back there again!

What do beyonders suggest??? please help!

thanks

USED1
05-09-2008, 12:41 PM
The Coup is a decent place, it's on 17th AVE

DJ_NAV
05-09-2008, 12:56 PM
anyone tried or heard about "the coup"?

Jmay1988
05-09-2008, 01:03 PM
nvm didnt read your whole post -_-

l/l/rX
05-09-2008, 01:04 PM
uuuh I'm pretty sure I went to the Coup, 17th ave right near a hemp shop, on the same street as that bridal shop on the corner. Anyways, I thought this place was superb (considering im a meat guy). Everything on the menu was 100% vegetarian. It's an artsy little (10 tables little) restaurant, you would go dressing casual.

I had bits and pieces of my friends meals and they were all very tasty. i think most expensive dish was like....$15???

I remember that I went in starving and came out full and very satisfied. :thumbsup:

DJ_NAV
05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
i think its gonna be the coup then... looks like i might enjoy it too(meat eater)

l/l/rX
05-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Enjoy. Its artsy in a sense that they hang up local artists pieces of art. I don't remember what day I went on, but they had some sort of DJ, I forgot what kind of music he was playing, but it wasn't loud, you could still carry a decent conversation at a decent tone of voice.

I'm trying really hard to remember my experience there, I THINK I the reason why I came out full, was because i ate the other half of my friends portion too. LOL!

But all in all it was a good experience, first time having a straight up vegetarian dish. I was feeling very healthy that day and so my friend suggested to go to this place.

max_boost
05-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Buddha's Veggie on Macleod Trail right next to Silverhill Acura. I hear good things about them. :thumbsup:

GQBalla
05-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Buddha's Veggie is Chinese style food that is pure buddhist vegan style food.

Pretty good tasting but portions are small and expensive.

The coup is pretty good but like said you dont exactly get full, i always seem to be hungry right after i leave.

but still very good and cheap. The atmosphere at the coup is quite different compared to other places, very down to earth.

Billy2
05-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Buddha's Veggie is probably one of the best places I've been to.

DJ_NAV
05-09-2008, 03:00 PM
i wanted to puke after budha's veggie... no flavour.. and wierd tasting ingriedients

bobby_lu
05-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Annpurna

Justing
05-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV
i wanted to puke after budha's veggie... no flavour.. and wierd tasting ingriedients

werd!!

service was terrible and the food even worst.
will NEVER go again.

GQBalla
05-09-2008, 03:55 PM
really?^

the food isn't bad, just way over priced.

and i always get extremely good service whenever i go.

anytime the tea is empty i left the cap of it and put it on top to let them know its empty they quickly come over and fill it up. Same when i drink all my water.

turbo4dr
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
Annpurna
dude he said no Indian food .....and plus I think this place went out of bizz well it was closed last time I went and stayed close for like a month....they did have some good indian food tho

sdiep
05-09-2008, 08:36 PM
There is this Asian vegetarian place that my Grandma had recommended and I have gone with her once, and I actually found it delicious. It is not a fancy restaurant; in fact, it is basically a hallway sectioned off.

I think it is in the Silver Dragon Plaza - I don't recall the correct name, but it is the plaza that is beside the old Treasures of China (it is now renamed to something else). Inside the plaza, there is a small grocery mart, a place where you can buy meat, Vietnamese subs, and so forth. And within the plaza, there is a small corner that is basically once a wide hallway that has been sectioned off to create this small restaurant. They are opened every day of the week except Monday.

Either way, they specialize in vegetarian Chinese cuisine, and I have found it to be quite good.

JWL
05-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Went the the coup the other night with my cousin. It was the first time that I went there and their El Taco was really good as well as their yam fries with miso gravy. I know it sounds weird but it's really good! They can't serve a party with more than 6 people and the whole party has to be there before they seat you. You can check out their website: www.thecoup.ca for their menu and hours.

Jfro962
05-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Annpurna is awsome for indian and there reopne now they underwent new owners and renos

My friends friend works there

DJ_NAV
05-12-2008, 12:48 AM
the coup was good!.. i liked it... tired their greek goddess and it was tasty.. the food is totally different.. it has the light feeling to it(as in its not greasy), but its definetly filling, i couldnt finish my entree... but thats normal for me at most places...

i would highly suggest ppl to try out their mojito... soo good!

anhsicun
05-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by sdiep
There is this Asian vegetarian place that my Grandma had recommended and I have gone with her once, and I actually found it delicious. It is not a fancy restaurant; in fact, it is basically a hallway sectioned off.

I think it is in the Silver Dragon Plaza - I don't recall the correct name, but it is the plaza that is beside the old Treasures of China (it is now renamed to something else). Inside the plaza, there is a small grocery mart, a place where you can buy meat, Vietnamese subs, and so forth. And within the plaza, there is a small corner that is basically once a wide hallway that has been sectioned off to create this small restaurant. They are opened every day of the week except Monday.

Either way, they specialize in vegetarian Chinese cuisine, and I have found it to be quite good.

yah that place is good i used to go thier alot when i went vegetarian for a month s

turbo4dr
05-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by JWL
Went the the coup the other night with my cousin. It was the first time that I went there and their El Taco was really good as well as their yam fries with miso gravy. I know it sounds weird but it's really good! They can't serve a party with more than 6 people and the whole party has to be there before they seat you. You can check out their website: www.thecoup.ca for their menu and hours.
WOW the food was real good :) and price was not to bad meal came to $60 with tip and wine :) They yam fries were great and the gravy too... I cant belive this place has been around for 3 years.... Thanks guys ....If you have any more good places to go please post em :thumbsup: