PDA

View Full Version : My dream car now, U?

greatunicon
08-19-2003, 01:12 AM
It is so cool, but they don't sell in CANADA or US,,,:dunno: :dunno:
Would like to get it when i go back to Japan
Cool+fast+family=perfect
(supra engine in family car,, and it is not expensive)
and the coolest thing is, it come with all body kits, exhaust, and lowered.......all came in factory spec with option
i wish canada company could do like them someday.
:banghead: :banghead:

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/customize/caldina/custom/gialla/gia.html

motoki88
08-19-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by greatunicon
It is so cool, but they don't sell in CANADA or US,,,:dunno: :dunno:
Would like to get it when i go back to Japan
Cool+fast+family=perfect
(skyline engine in family car,, and it is not expensive)
and the coolest thing is, it come with all body kits, exhaust, and lowered.......all came in factory spec with option
i wish canada company could do like them someday.
:banghead: :banghead:

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/customize/caldina/custom/gialla/gia.html skyline engine Ummm...Nissan skyline in a Toyota? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

greatunicon
08-19-2003, 02:19 AM
should be supra. mistake:eek:

Ashkente
08-19-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by greatunicon
(supra engine in family car,, and it is not expensive)

I think you're mistaken here too...afaik, the Caldina is powered by a 4th gen 3S-GTE...similar to the MR2/Alltrac/GT-Four engine.

BigMass
08-19-2003, 08:00 AM
looks nice. It's a shame about the 4 doors though.

turboMiata
08-19-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Ashkente

I think you're mistaken here too...afaik, the Caldina is powered by a 4th gen 3S-GTE...similar to the MR2/Alltrac/GT-Four engine.

Yes. it's the 3S-GTE (no way the 2J will fit under there). And it will eventually make it to US under the Scion label.

Akagi Redsuns
08-19-2003, 11:06 AM
This is the car that should have came instead of the Matrix XR-S with the 2ZZ-GE. I doubt the Scion brand will get this car. Remeber the Scion brand is cheap Toyotas, not expensive Toyotas, that's what Lexus is for. A big car like that with the 3S-GTE will fit good as a entry level Lexus vesion of the Matrix. Too much competition for the IS300 if that does happen...which I highly doubt it will. Nice car, but hardly my "dream car". Thats reserved for Lamborghinis and Nissan Skyline GT-Rs:)

turboMiata
08-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
I doubt the Scion brand will get this car. Remeber the Scion brand is cheap Toyotas, not expensive Toyotas, that's what Lexus is for.

I don't particularly like the Scions myself but I wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=11&article_id=422&page_number=1

Akagi Redsuns
08-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Well, my conclusion was reached from Toyota's description of the Scion and their current offerings which are low priced and powered by a 108HP engine. Just skeptical that's all.

The ccx concept looks like this http://199.239.248.45//images/full/2002/s2002042901/sc2002ccx5104.jpg

From Scions website "A large engine well houses a performance-tuned 2.4-liter, dual overhead cam four-cylinder engine. The engine is linked to a four-speed automatic transmission. The front-wheel-drive ccX rides on 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels with 225/45/R18 tires."

If they are changing the engine to the 3S-GTE, offering a manual transmission, style it more after the Toyota Galdina (sp?), keeping a low price, they will have a winner on thier hands......too bad it will rob sales from Lexus and Toyota. Of course the good part is that they might upgrade the power on the Celica, IS300, Matrix...etc. Hopefuly that will be the case, power is always good :)

Zephyr
08-19-2003, 12:17 PM
sexy!!!!! that thing looks nice

too bad you guys wont be getting Scion brand! US ONLY! well california onlly right now till next year... so far its a take out box and an egg....

ICEBERG
08-19-2003, 05:01 PM
I wonder if you can import one of these?