PDA

View Full Version : Best LapTop for under 2k?

T-Dubbs
05-09-2008, 06:50 PM
so ive decided to upgrade my current POS, for a nice new laptop.
i spend alot of time on my current peice of crap, so here are my options:
XPS DELL
Alien

i dont really know many other types..
was looking for:
Window XP
3mb cache
minimum 512 graphics card
2.0 ghz
ddr2 ram 2 gig

if there is a computer that someone can reccomend to me, feel free!

dragonone
05-09-2008, 07:20 PM
i always vote macbook pro for under 2k

bball2
05-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I'd second the macbook pro, but since you seem like you want to stick with windows, I'd recommend a Sony Vaio laptop.
I've never had an alienware laptop, but the last windows laptop I had was an xps, not the best experience.

saiyajin
05-10-2008, 01:06 PM
i just bought the XPS1330
so far so good love the size and seems to be holding up pretty good :thumbsup:

tha_bandit
05-10-2008, 01:15 PM
under 2k macbook pro refurb (savings yo), i wouldnt go with a sony, i like lenovo's and compaq's

tom_9109
05-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Macbook pro with parallels and XP installed.

dooman24
05-10-2008, 01:26 PM
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX20429(ME).aspx

i just got htis one few weeks ago.. pretty powerful.. ran cod4 on almost max settings..

dragonone
05-10-2008, 01:33 PM
how does the 8600GT compare to your 9500GS

i mean the macbook pro's vid card was one of the best in its class at the time, but it's been a while now

i always think of getting a mac as getting two computers
u don't have to like osx, it's there for you to learn and try

all the mac's that i've serviced, the users NEVER use the osx partition lol

T-Dubbs
05-11-2008, 12:10 PM
i dont know anything about macs, so im not so keen on buying one.
any other thoughts?

pinoyhero
05-11-2008, 12:14 PM
^Learn a bit about macs? Given you're comp savy i bet it wouldn't be all that hard ... they are a major player in the industry for a reason ...

eblend
05-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Whats with people's fetish with Mac pros? I just dont get it, you get a plain looking meta peice of crap that overheats, explodes its battery and discolors all for a price easily double of a comparable laptop...and at the end of the day, you are stuck with a fashion symbol....that really all it is

Nova316
05-11-2008, 12:21 PM
I have an Asus G1S and its amazing :D

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX19484(ME).aspx

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX20649(ME).aspx

Always can run XP off of em, Im running XP on them.. they come with vista tho

Foreign2
05-11-2008, 12:57 PM
I vote MBP, i just got mine, and its awesome. The switch from windows to osx took 30 minutes tops...

As for eblends comment..... jealousy bahhh hahahahha

tha_bandit
05-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by eblend
Whats with people's fetish with Mac pros? I just dont get it, you get a plain looking meta peice of crap that overheats, explodes its battery and discolors all for a price easily double of a comparable laptop...and at the end of the day, you are stuck with a fashion symbol....that really all it is

to me its all about the software, the design is a plus but u end up paying for it like u say, however the flexibility in the software is a bigger plus for me, and the price stays well controlled.

eblend
05-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Foreign2

As for eblends comment..... jealousy bahhh hahahahha

haha, hardly, you wouldn't catch me with one of those, i spend my money smartly. Perhaps working in IT and working on server platforms makes me think that everything that mac puts out is a toy.

05-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
i just bought the XPS1330
so far so good love the size and seems to be holding up pretty good :thumbsup:
+1 or you can even build your own from Dell and you can get a pretty good one for under 2k.

T-Dubbs
05-11-2008, 08:02 PM
i just ordered mine from alienware.com

cant wait to see it!

thextinct
05-11-2008, 08:15 PM
512 graphics on a laptop is pretty hard to find..
vodoo or alien shud b ur best bet.
:)

badatusrnames
05-11-2008, 08:20 PM

You have to switch over completely to one to understand...

eglove
05-11-2008, 08:21 PM
macbook pro, then use bootcamp

ps. the pros don't discolor, you are thinking of the ibooks/macbooks.

icecreamvan
05-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs

cant wait to see it!

Massive Geek-cred yo!:thumbsup:

How the heck did you get a decently spec'd out alienware for under $2k? :dunno:

dragonone
05-11-2008, 09:37 PM

looks is personal opinion, i think anything other than macbooks or sonys LOOK like pieces of crap
mine's hot, i guess that counts as overheating....
has anyone's one here exploded or discolored? not mine

this gen came out... a year ago? i doubt there was any comparable laptop at that price

i hardly use osx, it's more of a learning toy for me, and i consider myself tech savvy
which is why i can't understand your hate towards macs

i always liked the 1330, but after pricing the thing out to a macbook pro's specs, it costs just as much with a lesser video card

how 'bout u provide the OP with another suggestion then?

icecreamvan
05-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by dragonone

looks is personal opinion, i think anything other than macbooks or sonys LOOK like pieces of crap

Whole heartedly agree. Everything else looks like they're encased in cheap plastic.

HyperZell
05-12-2008, 08:02 AM
I actually don't get it with Macs either. You pay way more for one than a comparable PC. I can guarantee you that if you match up a PC and a Mac for under 2K, the PC would blow it out of the water. For instance, we've got an Asus G1S at Memory Express with 4GB of RAM, a Core 2 Duo 9300, 320GB HD, 9500M GS (512MB) and a freaking Blu-Ray drive for $1880.

Give me your best shot - what else can you find that's comparable?

Pacman
05-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by icecreamvan

Whole heartedly agree. Everything else looks like they're encased in cheap plastic.

I prefer IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads. They are encased in magnesium and are SOLID machines. No fancy colors, glossy screen and cute litte LED lights all over the place.

hampstor
05-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell
I actually don't get it with Macs either. You pay way more for one than a comparable PC. I can guarantee you that if you match up a PC and a Mac for under 2K, the PC would blow it out of the water. For instance, we've got an Asus G1S at Memory Express with 4GB of RAM, a Core 2 Duo 9300, 320GB HD, 9500M GS (512MB) and a freaking Blu-Ray drive for $1880.

how come you're not trying to sell him IPR with that... :rofl: :rofl:

redx2nv
05-12-2008, 09:01 AM
How does the macbook air compare?

eblend
05-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by redx2nv

It doesn't compare to anything, its the most useless computer ever invented, seriously. If you want a super skinny computer thats functional, Lenovo X300 is the best you will find.

I agree Pacman, Lenovo (formally IBM) thinlpads are by far the best laptops ever created, business class, take a beating, undestructible machines, but they are not for everyone for sure, definately not for you as you are looking for a gaming laptop, and Lenovos are definately not for gaming haha

Pacman
05-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Here is a nice little commercial....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnOCUkbix0

rawsensation
05-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Pacman

I prefer IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads. They are encased in magnesium and are SOLID machines. No fancy colors, glossy screen and cute litte LED lights all over the place.

+1
amazing little notebooks

Zephyr
05-12-2008, 05:28 PM

Didn't other brands have the same exploding battery problem? Sony, Dell...etc...I use to stay away from Macs until I bought a macbook since my Dell died. Great little thing so far

Originally posted by redx2nv

That's a fashion whore computer...

reminded me of this:
RTRI0-zmoo4

Kavy
05-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Dell's are magnesium now as well. And normally 80% of people who claim to have macbook pro have a macbook and only download music.

I too own a macbook pro for music (production company owns a protools for mac and did not want to spend for it again) but it pails in comparison to my dell which cost 1500 less.

Alienware are nice but you should have looked online they Area 51's are having major overheating issues.

dragonone
05-12-2008, 07:42 PM

that's actually a really good deal. a macbook pro would compare to the A1, but than u could argue that ur paying 300 bux for osx and looks

this is a 9300 tho, so while this is a whole lot better now i could say the same thing when the pro's get a summer refresh :dunno:

and the asus gaming laptops really need a new desisn team (again, that's personal reference)
i don't care who makes these mac's, if you can fit the innards of the g1s into that casing and screen, great, i'm sold

i wonder how u'd shape ur argument if memX sold mac's
altho this is LESS annoying, i could imagine the reactions from ppl if you worked at FS/BB/visions and sold HT stuff:rofl:

HyperZell
05-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by dragonone

that's actually a really good deal. a macbook pro would compare to the A1, but than u could argue that ur paying 300 bux for osx and looks

this is a 9300 tho, so while this is a whole lot better now i could say the same thing when the pro's get a summer refresh :dunno:

and the asus gaming laptops really need a new desisn team (again, that's personal reference)
i don't care who makes these mac's, if you can fit the innards of the g1s into that casing and screen, great, i'm sold

i wonder how u'd shape ur argument if memX sold mac's
altho this is LESS annoying, i could imagine the reactions from ppl if you worked at FS/BB/visions and sold HT stuff:rofl:

Lol, I'd like to think that MemX (and myself) are names you can trust...a little less drama then I've seen coming from FS/BB/Visions.

If MemX was a Mac store, I wouldn't be posting on here much at all, haha - it's my true personal belief that a huge part of the Mac thing is lifestyle marketing. Whether or not people admit it, they are buying into the lifestyle being offered by Apple through their entire product line - and I just can't justify spending all of that extra money for something that is arguably prettier.

And Hampstor, IPR is common sense haha. Someone smart enough to pick the G1S is probably smart enough to get the replacement plan too =)

Idratherbsidewayz
05-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs

cant wait to see it!

Siiiiick, can't wait to see it.

hampstor
05-13-2008, 08:12 AM

Lol, I'd like to think that MemX (and myself) are names you can trust...a little less drama then I've seen coming from FS/BB/Visions.

If MemX was a Mac store, I wouldn't be posting on here much at all, haha - it's my true personal belief that a huge part of the Mac thing is lifestyle marketing. Whether or not people admit it, they are buying into the lifestyle being offered by Apple through their entire product line - and I just can't justify spending all of that extra money for something that is arguably prettier.

And Hampstor, IPR is common sense haha. Someone smart enough to pick the G1S is probably smart enough to get the replacement plan too =)

Are you implying that the G1S is shoddy and you need IPR to go with it? ;)

T-Dubbs - a Lenovo is very well built unit. However, you will definately pay more for similar specs in a notebook compared to another brand. If you are spending 2G on your notebook, I highly recommend asking if the notebook comes with Accident Warranty. It's a form of extended warranty, but it will cover things like you spilling coffee on it and dropping it off the end of your desk. I know MemEx IPR (Futureshop/BB warranty as well) does not cover this type of damage and it's usually about the same price for a 2G notebook.

Off hand I know Toshiba and Lenovo call it Accidental Damage Protection

Most places do not offer these up front because there is little margin for the retailer vs selling you their own in-house warranty program. Sorry HyperZell, but I have to let people know that now :angel:

dragonone
05-13-2008, 09:59 AM
THANK YOU:thumbsup:

T-Dubbs
05-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by icecreamvan

Massive Geek-cred yo!:thumbsup:

How the heck did you get a decently spec'd out alienware for under $2k? :dunno:
well i customized the base model of laptop they had,
upgraded the ram, and video card and voila!

dragonone
06-10-2008, 12:55 AM
friend asked me for something around $1000, these three look like a really good deal (memX):

Asus F8Sn-A1 w/ Core 2 Duo T5450, 3GB, 250GB, DVD+/-RW, 14in WXGA, GeForce 9500M GS, Vista Home Premium
$1,029.95

Asus M51Sn-B1 w/ Core 2 Duo T5550, 3GB, 250GB, 15.4in WXGA, GeForce 9500M GS, Vista Home Premium
$1,049.95

Acer Aspire 6920-6428 w/ Core 2 Duo T5550, 3GB, 320GB, Blu-Ray, 16in WXGA, Geforce 9500M GS, Vista Home Premium
$1,099.95

modded46
06-10-2008, 08:30 AM
I would highly recommend staying away from Asus & Acer.. they are cheap for a reason. Sure you're going to get some good speed out of them but the components will degrade a lot faster than say a HP or IBM would..

MAC is a good choice depending on what you're doing.. I personally have worked with many many laptops in my life and HP, IBM & Toshiba have definitely been on top of the list.. I find Toshiba keyboards are hard to type on compared to HP and IBM which is why I have recently stuck with HP and have been very happy with that decision.

dragonone
06-10-2008, 12:17 PM
wow hp>>asus:dunno:
i know acer's kinda cheap but....

asus is not that cheap tho, the U2 or U3's are close to 3 grand

ZorroAMG
06-10-2008, 12:38 PM
The guy obviously wants a PC, why suggest a Mac?

This thread is a joke, full of "IT pros" that only have jobs BECAUSE PC's are garbage Microsoft whore machines that are ALWAYS playing catchup like lexus does to MB...

Whatever...use your behind the time products and leave us with our Macs...

:zzz:

HyperZell
06-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by modded46
I would highly recommend staying away from Asus & Acer.. they are cheap for a reason. Sure you're going to get some good speed out of them but the components will degrade a lot faster than say a HP or IBM would..

False.

Laptop repair rates between almost all brands vary by 3% at most. Acer is cheap because they are a cost leader - they don't invest a ton of time and energy into design and support. Recently they've been trying to change this, and you should just see their new Blue Gemstone chassis as proof.

Asus is a premium manufacturer of laptops. Their models are well spec'd and bang for buck, the m50 and m51 can't be beat. They actually use higher quality build materials than a lot of regular manufacturers, so I have no idea where this "degrade a lot faster" thing comes from. IBMs may "degrade" less, but logically speaking it's because they are targeted towards business people. Therefore, the usually lack a lot of regular features home users might want, and will usually cost more too.

I'm not saying HP is bad, I'm just saying that Acer and Asus aren't.

Kavy
06-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

This thread is a joke, full of "IT pros" that only have jobs BECAUSE PC's are garbage Microsoft whore machines that are ALWAYS playing catchup like lexus does to MB...

Correction PC software is Garbage,
anyone with half a brain notices that hardware is the same across both platforms is just software and the case that makes them different, is it worth paying 1k more for the exact same hardware considering you can just load MAC OSX for free?

ZorroAMG
06-11-2008, 02:17 AM
LOL...so, operating system, design, branding, image, case is different...yes it's worth the 1K if I don't have to look like a 8yr old gamer with my ugly plastic laptop with blue and red lights, terrible track pads, cluttered design/look and noisy keyboards running shitty vista..

It's like saying a civic with an SLR engine, tranny and interior is as good as an SLR and not worth the price difference.

modded46
06-11-2008, 08:26 AM

False.

Laptop repair rates between almost all brands vary by 3% at most. Acer is cheap because they are a cost leader - they don't invest a ton of time and energy into design and support. Recently they've been trying to change this, and you should just see their new Blue Gemstone chassis as proof.

Asus is a premium manufacturer of laptops. Their models are well spec'd and bang for buck, the m50 and m51 can't be beat. They actually use higher quality build materials than a lot of regular manufacturers, so I have no idea where this "degrade a lot faster" thing comes from. IBMs may "degrade" less, but logically speaking it's because they are targeted towards business people. Therefore, the usually lack a lot of regular features home users might want, and will usually cost more too.

I'm not saying HP is bad, I'm just saying that Acer and Asus aren't.

Acer definitely and Asus probably are garbage period.

Fancy names like Gemstone and crap like that is what they sell computers based on as opposed to real world business performance and quality control.

Go into any major company and I can tell you right now you're not going to find Acer or Asus.. WHY? Because they are NOT reliable.. period.. IBM(Lenovo), HP & Toshiba are leaders in the PC laptop market for large + enterprise businesses..

If they are cheap because they don't put a lot of money into support and design.. why would I ever want to buy a computer from a company like that?? That makes no sense to me at all..

Toms-SC
06-11-2008, 08:39 AM

Hows that two button mouse working out for you? Has the Apple crew grasped the concept yet?

Toms-SC
06-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Amen to Acer and Asus being garbage, 3 out of 3 failures on their shit.

Lenovo has been my best machine yet although I would like to try a baller VooDoo sometime.

ZorroAMG
06-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Hows that two button mouse working out for you? Has the Apple crew grasped the concept yet?

How are your jokes from 1989 working for you? Apple INVENTED the mouse and is, has and will always be the innovator of the computer world....

How's vista? Pleasant, hey?

HyperZell
06-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by modded46

Acer definitely and Asus probably are garbage period.

Fancy names like Gemstone and crap like that is what they sell computers based on as opposed to real world business performance and quality control.

Go into any major company and I can tell you right now you're not going to find Acer or Asus.. WHY? Because they are NOT reliable.. period.. IBM(Lenovo), HP & Toshiba are leaders in the PC laptop market for large + enterprise businesses..

If they are cheap because they don't put a lot of money into support and design.. why would I ever want to buy a computer from a company like that?? That makes no sense to me at all..

1. Because it costs less...
2. I said that they are changing and investing more into that.

IBM, HP and Dell are actually the leaders in the business market, but Acer is gaining market share. And they're not the leaders because of their computers, per say. It's their support services and complete offerings that win purchases. (Believe me, I just completed a project on this with a focus on HP). Any business will know that computer problems are inevitable, and as such look for after-sales support to round out the package. Acer simply does not have the network structure in place as compared to HP or Dell. But now you're getting into the B2B market as opposed to the original consumer-focused issue.

HyperZell
06-11-2008, 08:55 AM

How are your jokes from 1989 working for you? Apple INVENTED the mouse and is, has and will always be the innovator of the computer world....

How's vista? Pleasant, hey?

You're both taking extreme, and therefore stupid, sides to this argument. Quit trying to play it off like Mac is King, or that PC is, or whatever. Even though I prefer PCs, I can admit that both sides have pros and cons. However, I still don't think that Apple's "innovations" are worth the premium that they charge for them. As I said before, a primary reason why people are in love with Macs is the marketing. There seem to be 3 types of Mac buyers:

1. People too stupid to really know how to use a computer, and therefore gets viruses and errors from being dumb. They want the Mac for its lack of problems caused by their own stupidity.

2. The hipsters. They want to lead a rebellious life and hate following the norm. These people are easy targets for the great marketing strategy that Apple has in place - PCs are lame, Macs are fresh and stylish. Also usually computer stupid.

3. The creative types. Mostly designers or artists of some sort, this crowd actually benefits from Macs in a functional manner. They find it easier and more productive working on a Mac than a PC. The only crowd worth respecting.

So, Mac users, which one are you? Stupid, too cool for school, or creative? Something tells me I know what you'll say.

ZorroAMG
06-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Considering I do my own demo reels, websites and photo post processing, I'd say I'm in the first category...:rofl: :rofl:

Anyway, Hyperzell, if you have ever spent any significant time on a mac, you'd know there are WAY more pros than just being sheep to their marketing. Stop hiding behind that propaganda.

KLCC
06-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Surprised that nobody suggested IBM thinkpad here?? They are way better than compaq/HP/asus/acer...

:confused:

Toms-SC
06-11-2008, 09:11 AM
After doing some research if you want something ultra portable and has pimp factor consider picking up a VooDoo Envy 133. Smaller then the MacBook Air, a touch more expensive but you get a baller carbon fiber case.

http://gizmodo.com/395419/voodoos-envy-133-is-thinnest-notebook-alive

http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/VoodooEnvy133/1001906303

"CASING
• Carbon fiber with custom micro-weave design"

I want one.

Toms-SC
06-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by KLCC
Surprised that nobody suggested IBM thinkpad here?? They are way better than compaq/HP/asus/acer...

:confused:

Its called Lenovo now. And yes I love mine.

HyperZell
06-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Considering I do my own demo reels, websites and photo post processing, I'd say I'm in the first category...:rofl: :rofl:

Anyway, Hyperzell, if you have ever spent any significant time on a mac, you'd know there are WAY more pros than just being sheep to their marketing. Stop hiding behind that propaganda.

Eh? I did say, quite clearly, that both sides have their pros and cons. The rest of it was making the point that I believe the majority of Mac's buyers are purchasing Macs for the wrong reasons. And I really do hope you're being sarcastic about the category, as you seem to fit in #3 - in which case, well done.

hampstor
06-11-2008, 09:22 AM

1. Because it costs less...
2. I said that they are changing and investing more into that.

IBM, HP and Dell are actually the leaders in the business market, but Acer is gaining market share. And they're not the leaders because of their computers, per say. It's their support services and complete offerings that win purchases. (Believe me, I just completed a project on this with a focus on HP). Any business will know that computer problems are inevitable, and as such look for after-sales support to round out the package. Acer simply does not have the network structure in place as compared to HP or Dell. But now you're getting into the B2B market as opposed to the original consumer-focused issue.

Acer is 'buying' market share - they are consistently among the lowest priced on the market whenever you do a cross comparison.

I'm not sure why you had mentioned Acer gaining market share, I can only assume you' are trying to equate Market Share to Quality

You can not equate market share to quality. If that was the case, GM would be the top of the ladder when it comes to vehicle quality

Their support services and complete offerings is not what wins purchases - it is the price. They offer no special programs for their partners when it comes to marketing, support, RMA, etc. Their price protection program is a huge headache.

That said, Acer builds a fantastic product for their price bracket. You really can't get better specs for that price. Their focus is to put ALL their resources into lowering the price of the product.

Asus has been into notebooks for many years - they've been manufacturering them for everyone else. They introduced their lineup in the last few years because from their perspective, if they are building notebooks for other companies that are doing well, why couldn't they?

ZorroAMG
06-11-2008, 10:28 AM

Eh? I did say, quite clearly, that both sides have their pros and cons. The rest of it was making the point that I believe the majority of Mac's buyers are purchasing Macs for the wrong reasons. And I really do hope you're being sarcastic about the category, as you seem to fit in #3 - in which case, well done.

Yeah it was sarcasm, hence the rofl smilies :D

Pros and cons there are, sure.....I guess after being forced to deal with PCs in the business world out of university then finally being able to switch to Mac only, in 2000 when compatibility was no longer an issue and I worked for myself, I saw no reason to go back....

HyperZell
06-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by hampstor

Acer is 'buying' market share - they are consistently among the lowest priced on the market whenever you do a cross comparison.

I'm not sure why you had mentioned Acer gaining market share, I can only assume you' are trying to equate Market Share to Quality

You can not equate market share to quality. If that was the case, GM would be the top of the ladder when it comes to vehicle quality

Their support services and complete offerings is not what wins purchases - it is the price. They offer no special programs for their partners when it comes to marketing, support, RMA, etc. Their price protection program is a huge headache.

That said, Acer builds a fantastic product for their price bracket. You really can't get better specs for that price. Their focus is to put ALL their resources into lowering the price of the product.

Asus has been into notebooks for many years - they've been manufacturering them for everyone else. They introduced their lineup in the last few years because from their perspective, if they are building notebooks for other companies that are doing well, why couldn't they?

Haha that wasn't my point. I only mentioned market share because modded46 thinks you won't find any Acer in a major company. I was just informing him that you will, more and more, because Acer is gaining market share. No implications in my post about why =)

Everything else you said is pretty much exactly the same things I said or feel, so yes, we're on the same page.

msommers
06-11-2008, 10:50 AM
1. People too stupid to really know how to use a computer, and therefore gets viruses and errors from being dumb. They want the Mac for its lack of problems caused by their own stupidity.

2. The hipsters. They want to lead a rebellious life and hate following the norm. These people are easy targets for the great marketing strategy that Apple has in place - PCs are lame, Macs are fresh and stylish. Also usually computer stupid.

95% of university students I see with them.

HyperZell
06-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by msommers

95% of university students I see with them.

Absolutely seconded.

dragonone
06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
i can see now why asus cannot penetrate the NA market enough, other than asian or european consumers

if BB/FS carried more asus, hp/toshiba pricing/design teams had better put in more OT hours

i still don't know why toshiba is in the lines of top anything, 9/10 times a toshiba comes in it's because it was overheating (namely the M or A satellites), and they come back a lot more than hp's

Subwoofah
06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Gateway 6860fx FTW! its got the 8800gts card... to make it future proof alls you need is a better cpu!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8780198&st=6860&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1204332501169