PDA

View Full Version : New stonecroft condos in Arbur Lake

majmaj
05-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi Guys,
I am seriously looking to buy a unit in New stonecroft condos in Arbur Lake. Wondering of you have any input about the builder or the location. It's very close to Village Honda, apparently 5 min walk to new LRT station.
thanks,

TDA
05-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Location is fine, that Crowchild trail NW corridor seems to get a lot of attention in terms of infrastructure as a lot of policymakers live along there, However I find the condos themselves, the finishings are old fashioned, cupboards, etc. Also, a lot of the people who bought it initally have the same old fashioned tastes and they made selections as described.

majmaj
05-11-2008, 10:04 AM
fair enough, thanks.
any comment about the re-sale value, nearby car dealerships, prices...

FishPoo
05-11-2008, 10:18 AM
There's a trailer park across the street... not that I have a problem with it, but it is kind of an eyesore if you get a west facing unit that overlooks the trailer park towards the mountains.

They seem to have a good reputation, they have another finished development further up the road and nothing bad about them... Note that it is wood construction. I also agree with the old fashioned tastes.

I looked at Stonecroft last year loved the location, it is only a 5 minute walk to the c-train station, but a bit too pricey. For the price, I'd prefer a town home or a small house.

whodiman
05-11-2008, 10:26 AM
any idea of what type of condo fees you will be paying?

majmaj
05-11-2008, 11:18 AM
for a 1000 sqft it's about 380