PDA

View Full Version : We Got Cops Cops Cops!!!

Ben
08-19-2003, 02:22 AM
out in force tonight!!!

Deerfoot northbount is closed at glenmore, and right befor the exit it goes from 100-70-50...My spider sences kicked in and I slowed down and followed the posted speed limit, most people dont. 3 Motorcyce cops were hiding behind a detour sign and they pulled over the vehicle that passed me on the left as well as the guy in front of me.

Then they had a Vehicle inspection on Memorial, undercovers on 17th ave, and then they were out in force pulling over speeders and junk on McLeod at around 1:30am.

Damn, never seen so many cops in that much concentration

prosh
08-19-2003, 02:54 AM
They've been whoring Memorial east bound just past the zoo for the past month. Soooooo many poor suckers keep blowing by there going 70-80 and get picked off sooo easily by bike cops equiped with their radars.

The past week, everytime I've driven by their trap area heading into downtown, I've seen someone being written up for speeding. You'd think they'd learn or something :\

Beastly Power
08-19-2003, 06:33 AM
I think its a good thing that they're out there, too many fucken punks hitting high numbers on calgary roads making other drivers feel unsafe. As i experienced a mother fucker yesterday with a with a lude doing about a 130km/h in a 50km/h zone going down 52nd st NE.

3G
08-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Beastly Power
I think its a good thing that they're out there, too many fucken punks hitting high numbers on calgary roads making other drivers feel unsafe. As i experienced a mother fucker yesterday with a with a lude doing about a 130km/h in a 50km/h zone going down 52nd st NE.

was it a red 3rd gen with a big spoiler?? :rofl:

yeah i've seen soo many ppl get owned on memorial east right where the speed limit changes

Superesc
08-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Yes they are... I had 2 followed me to work this morning, and one at my parking lot..... seem like they were waiting for me...

Akagi Redsuns
08-19-2003, 06:29 PM
I am all for catching people going 130 in a 50 zone. But some of these construction zones really bug me.

I wish they would take off the construction speed limit when there is no construction taking place and no construction crew whose safety we have to worry about.

Nothing more annoying then going 50km/hr on Memorial where it's 3 lanes wide and no cars in sight. But I am too chickenshit to go any faster for fear of cops lurking around a corner waiting for someone to see the open road and speed. *sigh*

Ben
08-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
I am all for catching people going 130 in a 50 zone. But some of these construction zones really bug me.

I wish they would take off the construction speed limit when there is no construction taking place and no construction crew whose safety we have to worry about.

Nothing more annoying then going 50km/hr on Memorial where it's 3 lanes wide and no cars in sight. But I am too chickenshit to go any faster for fear of cops lurking around a corner waiting for someone to see the open road and speed. *sigh*

I agree...the brutal 50 zones on deerfoot in the south are horrid, I mean come on, 3 lanes of divided freeway, and there is not a crew in sight and no obsticles on the road. And still I do 50, because the fact of getting busted doing 100+ in a 50 zone, and it being a construction zone so the fine is double, just doesn't seem lucrative for me to haul ass...

aXc
08-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Someone has to pay for all the road construction, its a stupid person tax IMO. Better them then me lol

lol haha.....as for catching those guys going 100+ on a 50...i think it's good that they cops are doing that cuz it's a real safety issue too...those guys think they can react sooo fast 'n stuff....fukers..

92 Teg-B18A
08-19-2003, 10:07 PM
it's gettin' to be quota time :thumbsdow

hampstor
08-20-2003, 11:05 AM
you think people would slow down more on memorial around the zoo, there are signs all the way back to edmonton trail that say that the limit drop to 50km ahead!!

hjr
08-20-2003, 12:03 PM
well if it slows traffic down then i guess they are doing their job. And seeing as the photo units are completely usless on the deerfoot from about 16th ave up, they need to slow people down in other areas.

dj_honda
08-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
Yes they are... I had 2 followed me to work this morning, and one at my parking lot..... seem like they were waiting for me...

next time they follow you drive by tim hortons, they will face a huge moral dilemma but i am sure the donuts will win. :thumbsup:

technohustla
08-21-2003, 09:32 AM
Feels to me like the cops are getting way tighter lately, the other night I was at skybar and left at the very end to go get my car and sitting right behind me was some cop running my plates without me even being in my car......wtf?!

Mckenzie
08-21-2003, 09:36 AM
hahaha.....Ben the same thing happened to me last night too...

As I was leaving Mckenzie to go get my gf to watch those fireworks, there was a grey ghost car that had a guy pulled over in the construction zone just before 130th ave. When I went to Bonavista to get her, we headed up deerfoot and I had remembered reading your post about cops in that zone up at glenmore. So I was down to 50 and this guy in a little S10 SCREAMS by me at no slower than like 110 in the 50 zone, and I was like "thats guy's fucked." Sure enough like 30 seconds later that same grey ghost car comes out of nowhere and pulls him over. That ticket is gonna be huge......stupid drivers...

xkon
08-21-2003, 09:51 AM
i saw 3 or 4 on mcleod las night, and on deerfoot... i dont care, i dont really speed anymore! But i wish there was one around last night when that fool in the sunflower almost HIT ME....

Ben
08-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Wow, Glad I helped you out man!

haha, I love seeing people get owned, as noting this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21099

bwahahaha

Originally posted by Mckenzie

As I was leaving Mckenzie to go get my gf to watch those fireworks, there was a grey ghost car that had a guy pulled over in the construction zone just before 130th ave. When I went to Bonavista to get her, we headed up deerfoot and I had remembered reading your post about cops in that zone up at glenmore. So I was down to 50 and this guy in a little S10 SCREAMS by me at no slower than like 110 in the 50 zone, and I was like "thats guy's fucked." Sure enough like 30 seconds later that same grey ghost car comes out of nowhere and pulls him over. That ticket is gonna be huge......stupid drivers...

Mckenzie
08-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Wow, Glad I helped you out man!

haha, I love seeing people get owned, as noting this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21099

bwahahaha

lol....thanx for the heads up man....:)

Dude got owned....:poosie:

CRXguy
08-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

I saw a car like yours parked in Applewood tonight. Is that you?

Ben
08-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Cops were at that spot on deerfoot again tonight....

Beastly Power
08-22-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

was it a red 3rd gen with a big spoiler?? :rofl:

no it was a VW Fox

Mckenzie
08-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy

I saw a car like yours parked in Applewood tonight. Is that you?

Nope.....I was down south at a movie last night. I have seen one other car pretty much identicle to mine except for the wheels in town.....

espcivic97
08-22-2003, 12:26 PM
watch the out by the brigde construction by shawnessy... the po po had two guys pulled over at about 7:30am this morning going south... they dropped the limit down to 60... and its hidden behinde a big orange constuction sign.... heads up

Ben
08-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Again on Deerfoot at Glenmore Off Ramp, they are gonna make the years quota right there, been there every day and night this entire week. With ALWAYS a minimum 2 vehicles pulled over at any given time

4wheeldrift
08-24-2003, 12:30 PM
I saw something different on the highway on my way back from Wainright last weekend. All the speed limit signs for the construction zones were marked "When men and equipment working".

Speed_Dreams
08-24-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A
it's gettin' to be quota time :thumbsdow

As if they are gonna need any more tickets to fill there quotas. Same with everyone else. I drive around all day...Memorial and Deerfoot south and down crowchild and Everytime im driving there i see someone pulled over.

Mckenzie
08-24-2003, 05:01 PM
My buddy told me he read in the sun that they set a record for tickets in one day:

1100 in one day on Deerfoot...... from a previous record set the week before last of 900 something.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :poosie: :rolleyes: :dunno: :thumbsdow :nut:

Thats pure robbery :barf: :devil:

Maxt
08-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Whats funny , is the police talk like they have the monopoly on good driving, I was listening to "city talk" this morning on Qr77, they had desantis, the pubic affairs mouthpiece for the Calgary city police on, saying how bad the driving is out there by the public, yeah its bad, but I wish the police would adhere to the same standards as they preach, I know its never going to happen, but it would be nice, watch a cop drive for about 1/2 hour, I think they probably lead the pack for bad driving, desantis is ranting on how its so evil to do more than 100 km on deerfoot, if its so bad why do most cops cruise it at 120, can't be that bad then can it...
I really think our speed limits in Calgary are to low, and we should have seasonal changes to the limits as well..Maxt